Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ride Mon, Tues or Wed..?

Ride Mon, Tues or Wed..?

Don't really know when I want to go for a good ride...or where. I know that one of these days I have to mow the lawn, and check in on the Aprilia

Chiwawa and I might go over to NY on Tuesday, who knows.
    Chances are the pace will be on the brisk side...full leathers if you got em.
    Who wants to play?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Re: Ride Mon, Tues or Wed..?

Not me, have to work. Have fun.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

I'd be in for tuesday afternoon or any time wednesday. Workin monday/ tues morning. No full leathers so i wont be draggin pucks...

SVenpointsixtwo
    2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

I didn't say anything about draggin knee pucks...thats not why we wear full leathers bro!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

I can do Monday or Tuesday. I clearly won't be able to keep pace with you boys, but I'll tag along in the back. And I'll wear my leathers for the same reason Freak does: cause they look good. Wait, what?

"And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth, wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever...." James Dickey

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
    And I'll wear my leathers for the same reason Freak does: cause they look good.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    I didn't say anything about draggin knee pucks...thats not why we wear full leathers bro!
    When you say 'brisk pace' I figure it's implied

I need some hot new A* gear so I can look as good as Freak does!!

SVenpointsixtwo
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
    I clearly won't be able to keep pace with you boys, but I'll tag along in the back.
    Someone needs to come through after and clean up all the parts and broken stuff Wait...what?

Figure out when and where and I might be in.

Bailing on the NH idea? Northern VT also isn't too bad, heading east. If you're looking for something different.

Then again there's absolutely nothing wrong with NY. Wanna mix it up a bit, head south and take the skiff from Orwell into Ti ($4 per bike) Then head out 74 and so on.

Then again if anyone wants to make a day of it and head for NH...there are some slick roads over there. Anyone want to see Hurricane mtn road?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder27 View Post
    Bailing on the NH idea? Northern VT also isn't too bad, heading east. If you're looking for something different.
    I still wouldn't mind exploring the NEK. Lord knows i don't want helicopters chasing my ass!

Wherever - Tuesday - I'm down.

Our good friend Sharon on wcax, has some not so good news for Monday afternoon and all of Tuesday. Being a few days out still, it could end up sunny and 70.

If its decent out I'd be game for whatever though, any direction people want to go in

Ya'll be funny people!!!!

I do look good though in my red jacket

Lets shoot for Tuesday then...NEK or NH, I like the sound of Hurricane Mtn Road too!
    Im in the dark really though on any good spots, so I picked the day, someone pick they place.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Hmm... Barre? Bit of a hike for Bread, well maybe not too bad...107 to bethel to 14 north to Barre.

from there we can go north then east into the NEK or we can take 302 from Barre and head east, go for NH or just cross over the border then north and back into the NEK....Hurricane mtn road is on the other side of NH, on the Maine border. Could head for that and with time allowing, head north then head back west into VT and possibly the NEK depending on what way we came back.

Just some ideas for ya'll funny peoples.......either way tho we can't go wrong

Hmm... Barre? Bit of a hike for Bread, well maybe not too bad...107 to bethel to 14 north to Barre.

from there we can go north then east into the NEK or we can take 302 from Barre and head east, go for NH or just cross over the border then north and back into the NEK....Hurricane mtn road is on the other side of NH, on the Maine border. Could head for that and with time allowing, head north then head back west into VT and possibly the NEK depending on what way we came back.

Just some ideas for ya'll funny peoples.......either way tho we can't go wrong
    I was just up in Westmore (Lake Willoughby) today - bea-u-tee-ful! Perhaps a jaunt up that way? We went 15 to 14 to 58 to 5A but there might be some nicer roads to get there. Just a thought.

"And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth, wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever...." James Dickey

The possibilities are endless in the NEK. Lotsa cool roads. Would be kind of a backtrack if we were to meet in Barre area then head back towards Stowe and 108, then hit 109 (nice road) (at least the last time I was on it) and so on. But if people wanted to, crank it up I say. 5a along the lake is pretty cool. 14 north from Barre to Hardwick is good too. Can also keep heading east, 105 then north to Colebrook NH and head over Dixville Notch.

I got the eliminator for the 9R in the cage. Not that it's needed. The 9R is so green now the tag blends in perfectly. The last time we rode I couldn't even see the tag, thats how good it blended in

But if people wanted to, crank it up I say. 5a along the lake is pretty cool. 14 north from Barre to Hardwick is good too. Can also keep heading east, 105 then north to Colebrook NH and head over Dixville Notch.
    Freak likes the sound of this!

I got the eliminator for the 9R in the cage. Not that it's needed. The 9R is so green now the tag blends in perfectly. The last time we rode I couldn't even see the tag, thats how good it blended in

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Weather is still not looking great for Tuesday but tomorrow is looking nice. Anyone want to spring for Monday instead of chancing rain?

I have tomorrow off..though I was planning on mowing the lawn, hmmmm, I guess I can put that off till the afternoon/early evening.

Where we gonna meet up? Whats the word? I'll make some phone calls tonight, see what Bread and Chiwawa think.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Definitely looks crappy on Tuesday. If the weather stays good for tomorrow, I'm in just the same.

I think Barre / Berlin area would be good to meet up...especially if ya'll funny peoples wanna head for the NEK and what not. There's a shell station / combo burger fling at the intersection of RT 302, 62 and 14 in Barre. 62 is the connector that runs from exit 7 of 89 through Berlin and down the hill to Barre. Near the Hospital it splits, one way to Montpelier and stay left for Barre. If you were to come down rt 2 I'd get on 89 in Middlesex near 100b, slab it to exit 7 and then it's a few miles down the hill. Stay outta Montpelier.

If say, Bread was coming from the south and went up RT 14....14 joins 302 on one side of Barre, 62 and the rest of 14 are on the other side.

mow lawn.....ride....mow lawn....ride. That's a pretty easy decision to make

As for a time.....hm. 9am?

As for a time.....hm. 9am?
    Shit...my first day off in two weeks and you're going to drag my ass outta bed for a 0900 showtime?! Give a girl a break (and some beauty rest). I'm effing tired. Ok-whining is over. I'll get the scoop from Freak since this will be my last chance to check the forum before tomorrow.

9...think I might be able to make that.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

If we are meeting at 9, I require breakfast at 9:02. Any good breakfast joints around Barre?

I'm out for monday unless we'd be back in town by 130...

SVenpointsixtwo
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

whats the deal?

Oh I see how it is... when we go for NY we gotta be ready at 0800 @ chateau de freak...but when it's the other way around everyone wants to sleep in

Notice the 9am had the ? ? That meant it was up for debate. whatever works for people.

I am, unfortunately drawing a blank for breakfasty things in the Barre area. Anyone got Snakes #? Give him a call and and ask?

Ok I got an idea for breakfast / early lunch, unfortunately it's not 2 mins after we meet up, so shovel down some cereal or oat meal, corn meal mush, grits, cream of wheat, whateverthehellyoupreferforatidemeoversnack and then we'll meet and head north and east, stopping in Lyndonville.

9? 9:30? 1pm? (so the women can sleep in and have ample bathroom time getting all done up)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast