Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

My riding last weekend

My riding last weekend

Saturday, Maria and went for a relatively leisurely backroad and forest road ride, including trips out USFS roads 50 and 55 in Granville (both of which are well-maintained gravel that go well out into the woods—I think I could've done either on the 250 with a bit of adjustment in speed and some minor pulse increases on some of the looser spots). I was quite impressed by the quality of USFS 55 to 101, which appears to be a road to nowhere (it dead-ends in a clearing with a small fire pit, although there are a small handful of forest roads splitting from it, as well as an old town road that has been converted to a gated snowmachine trail).

Sunday, I joined up with a few folks from Advrider for a more adventurous ride in southern Vermont. Highlights included a ton of back roads, a couple of "hmm, the group appears to be making a right turn where there doesn't seem to be a road" situations, some riding that definitely pushed what I've felt able to do on the 1150, and stopping by Lutz Motorworks in Chelsea after one of the other riders got water in the intake of his R1200GS. The more time I spend on gravel and dirt in Vermont, the more impressed I am with how far you can get without using much in the way of pavement.

(more pics, including dorky ones of me, in the ADV thread linked above)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: My riding last weekend

Looks like a fun ride. I should have been paying better attention over on ADVrider. Do me a favor -- if you're planning on attending another one of these, shoot me a PM. This would have been perfect for blowing the cobwebs out of the XR650L.

Also, we should chat at Bike Night about getting out for some other off-pavement rides.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Re: My riding last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Looks like a fun ride. I should have been paying better attention over on ADVrider. Do me a favor -- if you're planning on attending another one of these, shoot me a PM. This would have been perfect for blowing the cobwebs out of the XR650L.
    Indeed. The thought occurred to me a bit too late to do anything about it, but I'll try to keep that in mind in the future. The DARC rides were, I think, intended to be monthly, but one in May and one in August isn't exactly the usual definition of monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Also, we should chat at Bike Night about getting out for some other off-pavement rides.
    Definitely.