Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rt 17

Rt 17

I'll be up and over 17 for a few slow laps so that i can remember how to turn! I should be up there today around 2:15pm. Anyone care to join?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Rt 17

Wish I could but I'll be working.

I was up there last week and it was in OK shape. Not really any gravel/sand on the corners. However, the lower parts on both sides took it rough this winter with gaps in pavement and bumps. The topmost part faired better, probably because it stayed colder up there.

What side are you riding up on? RT 100?

I was thinking about heading over that way. You know from Rochester 17 is just up RT 100 a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder27 View Post
    What side are you riding up on? RT 100?

I was thinking about heading over that way. You know from Rochester 17 is just up RT 100 a bit
    Yeah, we are heading up 100... come along!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcbell1007 View Post
    Wish I could but I'll be working.

I was up there last week and it was in OK shape. Not really any gravel/sand on the corners. However, the lower parts on both sides took it rough this winter with gaps in pavement and bumps. The topmost part faired better, probably because it stayed colder up there.
    Thank you very much for the heads up!

Last edited by Mr Bread; 04-30-09 at 10:53 AM.

what time do you think you'll be passing through rochester?

could meet at that mobil

lemme know, I'm in

Should be passing through rochester around 1:35 -ish. I'll have to gas up at the mobil.

ok. I gotta get my ass and bike in gear. see ya there

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bread View Post
    Should be passing through rochester around 1:35 -ish. I'll have to gas up at the mobil.
    i'm quickly learning not to pass gas stations without filling up on my 848. range is a little shorter than my previous bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbell1007 View Post
    i'm quickly learning not to pass gas stations without filling up on my 848. range is a little shorter than my previous bikes.
    Yeah, these italian twins love their gas.

The ride went well, nothing out of the ordinary except 17 was in better shape than I was expecting, and the bridge on 53 has not been rebuilt.

Meeting up with Slyder for the first time since last year was nice- checked out the sweet mods he did to his gsxr over the winter - Very nice!

And I remembered how to turn!

All in all, good ride

So no trouble with the cops today? I was riding around that area and this one cop was patrolling German Flats road, I didn't know if he went up 17 or not.

I saw 2 officers, both of which had someone pulled when I came through, both were cages. Aside from local town coppers in town, we didn't really come across many. I did however see an all black unmarked car in Bristol, not sure if it was a cop or something else, wasn't about to do anything stupid to find out either

But yea, not a bad half day ride. 210 miles on the clock when I got back to the hanger.
    Good to see Bread and his buddy Aaron again, haven't seen / ridden with him for 2 years

Oh, another thing for people riding 17, the Bristol side has some bike / body destroying frost heaves IN the middle of turns and on entry. Be really damn careful on the Bristol side, up and down.

And like last spring that road might as well be covered in ice. I had no trouble steering the bike with the throttle. Even after straightening out after the turn a hard accel == wheel spin.

I have seen that bristol cop as well. Next time you guys go for a ride and it is after 4 let me know. I live one road away from 17 so it isn't to far away for me haha.

on a side note - I spotted KB on his bike about 30 min ago - heading east on rt 4

That unmarked was badass - the first time i had seen a pure black unmarked - they are grey around the rutland way...

Ducster - no idea you live that close! Jeeze- you should have known we were riding from the sound of the sweet ass Ducatis and slyder's M4 shorty! - Anywho, will def. let you know next time im heading up that way.

The unmarked wasn't a charger either, not sure what it was...regular ford just all black?

The afore mentioned M4 shorty apparently likes to blat out balls of fire during high rpm upshifts to.

Ducster you don't ride a yellow 748 do ya? Last summer hellion850 and I came across a fellow on a yellow 748 in Bristol who was coming from the gap, told us about a statie up near the mobil gas station. When we made it to the area, just before the mobil out there, he had a pile of bikes pulled over. Then promptly gave me the "death to you" look as we passed. Those poor canadians.

Nope I ride a monster 620. I like to sit on my porch and listen to the bikes roar up the roads. It is pretty nice to listen too.

damn i should have logged on earlier, and damn i should have gone riding today! i'm only 10 mins outta bristol. fuckers. instead i went up into the hills and popped a few rounds through the AR. glad you guys had fun though. haven't ridden up there yet this year, but drove up last weekend, and gotta agree that the heaves are still pretty bad.

What?

No sheriff for Fayston...

Fayston’s previously passed Article 19 was rescinded by voters Wednesday evening, May 20. The article would have authorized the town to spend up to $8,000 to contract with the Washington County Sheriff’s Department for law enforcement patrol in the town.

One hundred and thirty one registered voters checked in, and the ‘yes’ vote from the floor was overwhelmingly the majority, according to Fayston officials. There will be no sheriff coverage in Fayston, as a result of the article rescission.
    http://valleyreporter.com/

went up this am. think i saw the guy on the 848 at the top as well as 3 sportbikes at the mobil on the way up. was on a tight schedule so just a short stop at the top for a smoke then back home for the family memorial day festivities. glad the cops waited till later to come out, must've run 90 or better from hinesburg to the rt 17 turn off 116. although the max is upgraded, its still heavy as shit. managed to drag the bellypan once on each side on the way up. ride safe

later odieoh24

Where is RT 17 located? State...city etc

Quote Originally Posted by jixxed View Post
    Where is RT 17 located? State...city etc
    Not to be overly snarky, but you're posting in a forum named "bike night - Vermont"... Just gonna throw that out there.

SVenpointsixtwo
    2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

I need to hit 17 again soon, this time on my bike.

After hitting the Mohawk, the Taconic and the Molly Stark Trails with a buddy on his 929 this last Thursday, I need more action.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

the other day at the track, an older guy from vt told me a couple on a harley had a spill recently. anybody hear about that? according to him, she's gone, and he's in critical. RIP to her, and best of luck to him. that sux. ride safe guys.

What?

Yeah, someone told me about that at bike night... sucks to hear, I guess there were 2 other fatalities in the north east over the weekend too. Wear your gear and ride safe!

SVenpointsixtwo
    2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

Quote Originally Posted by F4Iguy View Post
    the other day at the track, an older guy from vt told me a couple on a harley had a spill recently. anybody hear about that? according to him, she's gone, and he's in critical. RIP to her, and best of luck to him. that sux. ride safe guys.
    This might be what you are referring to...
    http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...down-17-a.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast