Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Scratchin' That Itch!

Scratchin' That Itch!

Aww YEAH!!!! iw ent for a ride today and it was amazing!!!!! I can't believe that i have been off of my bike for a full 2 1/2 months. I mean I know the riding season hasn't exactly started, but i took a nice 25 mile round trip out to Johnson and back home and it felt sooooo good to be back on the bike. Granted i took it really easy due to a cold road and chilled tires.... but it still felt so natural to ride again. Anywho so this is my first ride of the season and it went really well! See you guys in a month when we can all really start riding

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Scratchin' That Itch!

You know, soap and water are better for itches than scratching. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by AHAMAYs2 View Post
    See you guys in a month when we can all really start riding
    What the hell are you talking about? I've ridden every weekend so far this year except one (the second weekend in January). I went for a 145-mile ride this past Saturday. Riding conditions have actually been surprisingly good for most of this winter.

And before anyone makes comments like, "Okay, Mark, but you're nuts..." -- no, I'm not. A lot of people seem to think that because it's cold out the motorcycle has to be put away, but that's ridiculous. People have no qualms about riding snowmobiles when it's three degrees out, so why not ride a motorcycle, if the roads are dry? Even if you don't have heated gear, it's not that hard to bundle up and go for a ride... and once you do, you might realise, "Hey, riding in the winter actually kind of rocks!" and spend the $100 for a heated vest to make it more comfortable.

What's more, I haven't even been riding by myself most of the winter. Two different friends of mine have been riding with me.

You guys could be too...

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

If my bike wasn't trapped in the garage I most certainly would have been out last weekend. My riding season is probably going to start when my roommate moves his piece of shit car out of the way.

Yup, exhaust repack, oil change, and I'll be back on the road!

SVenpointsixtwo
    2016 Honda CRF1000L Africa Twin
    2015 KTM 350 XCF-W

Quote Originally Posted by SV650N View Post
    If my bike wasn't trapped in the garage I most certainly would have been out last weekend. My riding season is probably going to start when my roommate moves his piece of shit car out of the way.
    Begin applying pressure.

Although that said, this weekend is looking a bit iffy. Depends on whether or not it actually snows.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

Well I won't be around this weekend, and there isn't anywhere else for him to put his car (we have 3 parking spots, 1 in the garage and 2 in the driveway, and they are all in line). Because of the parking ban (the whole reason we told him to move it into the garage in the first place, they kept trying to tow him and we don't want to have to move his shit box just to get out of the driveway), I can't leave the bike anywhere else except the garage and it's just too much hassle to deal with.

If I had a bike that lent itself to riding in the cold I would do it. (Have in the past)

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Silver Bullet Commuter fjrrider RI's Avatar

The hardest part of ridding last weekend was chipping the ice off in front of my garage. The roads are dry in South County last weekend except for a bit of snow melt. Why travel to the mountains to ride a snowmobile when the bike is in the garage and you can do erands as well. Can't wait to commute to work when the temp is over 35 in the morning. Not bad for a short ride now.

Yamaha lover

Well Doc, you could always stop buying all these other bikes that you garage for a while and then resell and just pick up a used V-Strom or SV or something. That way you could not only ride in the cold, but you could go for those longer rides with us without your ass feeling like you've just endured your first few days in federal prison...

--mark

Smile Re: Scratchin' That Itch!

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Well Doc, you could always stop buying all these other bikes that you garage for a while and then resell.....

Quote Originally Posted by AHAMAYs2 View Post
    Aww YEAH!!!! iw ent for a ride today and it was amazing!!!!! I can't believe that i have been off of my bike for a full 2 1/2 months. I mean I know the riding season hasn't exactly started, but i took a nice 25 mile round trip out to Johnson and back home and it felt sooooo good to be back on the bike. Granted i took it really easy due to a cold road and chilled tires.... but it still felt so natural to ride again. Anywho so this is my first ride of the season and it went really well! See you guys in a month when we can all really start riding
    I think I was following you for a bit there ( in my car ), I had to smile....my bike is snow-locked at the moment but you did get me thinking about it

2015 FJ-09
    2006 Miata ( summer )
    2016 Mazda CX-5 ( winter )

I've been riding on an almost daily basis since last weekend. Its a great feeling, roads are dry and fairly sand free if you stay away from the edges. All you need is a really warm pair of gloves and then standard gear works really well down here in RI.

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorvtguy View Post
    I think I was following you for a bit there ( in my car ), I had to smile....my bike is snow-locked at the moment but you did get me thinking about it
    Ha ha ha ha. Maybe, i was out riding again for about 2 hours today

It's your fault we are getting a few feet of snow. Thanks.

2015 FJ-09
    2006 Miata ( summer )
    2016 Mazda CX-5 ( winter )

Don't worry, it'll melt quickly. Supposed to be almost 40 degrees the next few days.

--mark

yeah and we are also supposed to get about 10" in snow in the next storm, wich means a ton of run off in the spring.