Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sept 26th: End of the Season Ride & BBQ!

Re: Sept 26th: End of the Season Ride & BBQ!

almost made this one, but didnt feel quite right showing up for this as i've only made bike night 2-3 times. and i've been to the exhibit twice already plus i had a rare opportunity to get the ole lady out on her bike-so we headed up to the swap meet at the harley dealership in barre. i was searching for a v-rod headlight for the v max. considered taking her along, but she's still really scared going into corners. she would have either slowed the group down or pushed too hard to keep up-both of which wouldnt have been enjoyable. i'll keep working with her and maybe next season.
    sorry to hear about the ride complications, i almost lost it there earlier this summer. farthest i've ever slid the front wheel w/out going down! i'm pretty sure the newly installed 06 R1 front end helped out keeping the bike upright. glad noone was seriously hurt. remember, now that its late in the season, many cagers are'nt looking out for bikes. take care and ride safe

later odieoh24

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Just got a chance to check out the pics (they don't show at work) and thats a big ass tree the 1000 hit! Looks ok in the pictures. The Exhibit looked awesome too...I have to make it down there soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Looks at avatar.... Pot calling kettle...
    Yes, I know I'm not the best example of responsible street riding at some times...and I didn't mean to actually label you a squid Doc, sorry my man.

I was a little upset yesterday with how everything turned out, and I have to say, after being IN crashes, and being AT crashes, being at work when your boy wrecks is the hardest.
    I was victim to the "what ifs" yesterday, so, as Kenn said, +1 on everyone being ok (Ill say it again), and sorry for getting after ya Doc. Its a tough situation, even though its part of the sport.

Last edited by MotoFreak; 09-27-09 at 12:29 PM.
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

So..... Doc, riding a bit over his head(crossed the yellow line in a corner), on a known squid road, in JEANS as well(group pic)..... I'd say it's time to climb down a step off the soap box for a while.... just sayin'......

Glad Tyler wasn't hurt any more than he was. Regards, Jake

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

I was just glad to see Tyler was alright. Sucks about the bike though. Good to see those of you that made it to the bbq. Tyler here is a freaking trooper. Showed up with his wife to the bbq right after the crash; beat everyone but Jon. My guess is he just wanted to get to the bbq really bad but couldn't think of a good excuse to ditch you slow poke line crossing losers so he waited till the right minute and tossed the bike into a tree so he could get over here. I don't blame him

Ride safe, watch for leaf peepers and see ya guys tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by SVenpointsixtwo View Post
    Glad you're alright man. I think doc and the guys may have gotten more, but here's my pics from the day!
    Thanks for the pics man! Let me know if you come across anymore from the other guys.

~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Snake View Post
    So..... Doc, riding a bit over his head(crossed the yellow line in a corner), on a known squid road, in JEANS as well(group pic)..... I'd say it's time to climb down a step off the soap box for a while.... just sayin'......

Glad Tyler wasn't hurt any more than he was. Regards, Jake
    1. I was not even close to riding over my head. I BARELY went over the yellow and it was because I was riding SO lazily. :

2. Those are kevlar riding jeans with knee armor. : #2

3. The ride rules were put out before the ride. One of which was don't try and keep up.

I am getting the impression that people are trying to blame me for Tyler's lowside. Either Bill with his "you shouldn't have ridden 17" Billshit and what if ing shit to death or other people's "squid ride" insinuations.

Being there was 10 times worse than arm chair quarterbacking. Leading a ride and realizing that something went wrong was hell, riding back down the mountain behind a slow ass truck was hell, coming up on the scene and not knowing what was wrong was hell, I had a sick feeling in my stomach and I was very relieved it was not worse.

If I am taking people wrong I am sorry, but I am starting to get a little peeved.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    Yes, I know I'm not the best example of responsible street riding at some times...and I didn't mean to actually label you a squid Doc, sorry my man.

I was a little upset yesterday with how everything turned out, and I have to say, after being IN crashes, and being AT crashes, being at work when your boy wrecks is the hardest.
    I was victim to the "what ifs" yesterday, so, as Kenn said, +1 on everyone being ok (Ill say it again), and sorry for getting after ya Doc. Its a tough situation, even though its part of the sport.
    Damn tough situation being lead and have someone crash Doc, not trying to place blame, these things happen to the best of us. I've been riding with Tyler for 3 years, and he's a great rider (he was with me on one of my get-off's), it just sucks.

Last edited by MotoFreak; 09-27-09 at 12:45 PM.
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

1. I was not even close to riding over my head. I BARELY went over the yellow and it was because I was riding SO lazily. :

2. Those are kevlar riding jeans with knee armor. : #2

3. The ride rules were put out before the ride. One of which was don't try and keep up.

I am getting the impression that people are trying to blame me for Tyler's lowside. Either Bill with his "you shouldn't have ridden 17" Billshit and what if ing shit to death or other people's "squid ride" insinuations.

Being there was 10 times worse than arm chair quarterbacking. Leading a ride and realizing that something went wrong was hell, riding back down the mountain behind a slow ass truck was hell, coming up on the scene and not knowing what was wrong was hell, I had a sick feeling in my stomach and I was very relieved it was not worse.

If I am taking people wrong I am sorry, but I am starting to get a little peeved.
    Jeezus, you even defend your sloppy riding with being "lazy"??!?!?? Good thing there wasn't a kid drifting his Suby yesterday when you were riding "lazy".... I KNOW you busted peoples nuts for sliding over the lines.....

1) I was NOT insinuating that you had any responsibility in Tylers crash. Every one has to be responsible for there own riding.

b) I said squid "road". You can't argue that.....

For an ATGATT guy I'm surprised you consider Draggin' jeans(or whatever brand) to be "gear". Better than regular jeans for sure but IMHO not "gear".

Ah fuck it, this could go on for ever....

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Jeezus, you even defend your sloppy riding with being "lazy"??!?!?? Good thing there wasn't a kid drifting his Suby yesterday when you were riding "lazy".... I KNOW you busted peoples nuts for sliding over the lines.....

1) I was NOT insinuating that you had any responsibility in Tylers crash. Every one has to be responsible for there own riding.

b) I said squid "road". You can't argue that.....

For an ATGATT guy I'm surprised you consider Draggin' jeans(or whatever brand) to be "gear". Better than regular jeans for sure but IMHO not "gear".

Ah fuck it, this could go on for ever....

It wasn't a leathers type of ride. At least not for me. I made a choice what to wear to portray an image. If I would have shown up in my leathers people would have thought it was going to be a fast ride. It was not. I clearly stated it was a "moderate" ride.

I did not say anything to anyone about going over the yellow.

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

It wasn't a leathers type of ride. At least not for me. I made a choice what to wear to portray an image. If I would have shown up in my leathers people would have thought it was going to be a fast ride. It was not. I clearly stated it was a "moderate" ride.

I did not say anything to anyone about going over the yellow.
    I'm sorry...what? Were you planning on riding on marshmallows and rainbows all day? I was under the impression that EVERY ride was a leathers type of ride. I'm sorry, but when you preach ATGATT and then make excuses for why you aren't wearing full gear, your credibility plummets. I wore leathers, and I didn't have any intentions of doing a super aggressive ride. Leaf peepers, falling leaves, and a road that is notoriously sandy all mean that the danger level is high, regardless of intended pace. I wish I could predict when other cars were going to do stupid things so I could know the appropriate gear to wear.

I don't really care what kind of gear people wear, but when you get on people's cases for what you deem to be less than appropriate gear, then you are going to be held to a higher standard. How can you decide what is acceptable for somebody else? If you are willing to accept the consequences of a crash with draggin' jeans, who's to say they aren't willing to accept the consequences of a crash with no gloves, or no jeans, or no jacket?

It's kind of sad that I felt that I had to justify my choice to wear full leathers on a 60 degree fall day in a group ride with a ride leader known for his gear advocacy.

Last edited by NobodySpecific; 09-27-09 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SV650N View Post
    I'm sorry...what? Were you planning on riding on marshmallows and rainbows all day? I was under the impression that EVERY ride was a leathers type of ride. I'm sorry, but when you preach ATGATT and then make excuses for why you aren't wearing full gear, your credibility plummets. I wore leathers, and I didn't have any intentions of doing a super aggressive ride. Leaf peepers, falling leaves, and a road that is notoriously sandy all mean that the danger level is high, regardless of intended pace. I wish I could predict when other cars were going to do stupid things so I could know the appropriate gear to wear.

I don't really care what kind of gear people wear, but when you get on people's cases for what you deem to be less than appropriate gear, then you are going to be held to a higher standard. How can you decide what is acceptable for somebody else? If you are willing to accept the consequences of a crash with draggin' jeans, who's to say they aren't willing to accept the consequences of a crash with no gloves, or no jeans, or no jacket?

It's kind of sad that I felt that I had to justify my choice to wear full leathers on a 60 degree fall day in a group ride with a ride leader known for his gear advocacy.
    Ok, that's more like what I was trying to say.

And again, Doc, I don't think ANY of the responsibility of the crash was with you, ride leader or not. I've been in the unenviable postion of back-tracking to find a downed rider and it's a terribly slow ride, traffic or not......

Last edited by Uncle Snake; 09-27-09 at 03:12 PM.
    Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Quote Originally Posted by SV650N View Post

Well let me be clear then. I am sure I have stated this before and I am sorry if you got a different impression.

Gear should be: Motorcycle specific jacket and gloves, Full face helmet, over the ankle boots and long pants. (at a minimum) I have NEVER said that Leathers are needed.

It is what I put out as an MSF instructor and it is what is mandated military regulations that I follow.

Your CHOICE to wear full leathers was never questioned by me. I was happy to see you show up in them.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Your CHOICE to wear full leathers was never questioned by me. I was happy to see you show up in them.

Ok. Now you're clearly looking for man sex and in the past you've claimed to be straight. Is this yet ANOTHER flip-flop??!?!??!??

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Ok. Now you're clearly looking for man sex and in the past you've claimed to be straight. Is this yet ANOTHER flip-flop??!?!??!??

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Bill -

Call / write me... how was the track?

When can we ride???

~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

Quote Originally Posted by tsanterre View Post
    Bill -

Yeah Bill, how was the track?

Sorry man, I still can't resist.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post

Can't resist jumping in on this one. 2 for 3 or 3 for 3????????

2004 Honda VTR
    1998 Honda VTR (Track Bike )
    1990 Honda CB-1
    1973 Yamaha RD350
    http://www.ftmsnh.com

Quote Originally Posted by tsanterre View Post
    Bill -

When can we ride???
    Well..we have to wait a little bit to ride...track was great though! Lots of, uh, experiance gained .

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post

Can't resist jumping in on this one. 2 for 3 or 3 for 3????????
    2 outta 3...Third times the charm dont cha know!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Well..we have to wait a little bit to ride...track was great though! Lots of, uh, experiance gained .

2 outta 3...Third times the charm dont cha know!
    So it only counts if the bike is what, on the track?

Or does it just have to be running?

Can we just nickname him "Crash"?

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post

2004 Honda VTR
    1998 Honda VTR (Track Bike )
    1990 Honda CB-1
    1973 Yamaha RD350
    http://www.ftmsnh.com

Quote Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
    So it only counts if the bike is what, on the track?

Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    Ok so spill it... He tipped it over in the garage?

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Ok so spill it... He tipped it over in the garage?
    Track Report in the works...the good stuff is worth waiting for.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

track was great though! Lots of, uh, experiance gained .

I hear a new nickname was gained as well.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

DBag

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast