Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

(Vermont) DMV seeks motorcyclist doing wheelies during rush hour on I-89

(Vermont) DMV seeks motorcyclist doing wheelies during rush hour on I-89

Police searching for reckless motorcycle: On Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:43 p.m. DMV Capt.Jake Elovirta was traveling northbound on I-89 from Exit 13 when he was passed by a black sport-style motorcycle doing wheelie stands and driving at a high rate of speed in rush-hour traffic.

DMV seeks motorcyclist doing wheelies during rush hour on I-89

SOUTH BURLINGTON — The Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles is seeking the identity of a motorcycle driver who popped wheelies in the middle of rush-hour traffic on Interstate 89 in South Burlington.

The driver of the black sport-style motorcycle lifted the front tire off the pavement several times while heading north on I-89 toward the exit to Williston Road at about 5:40 p.m. Tuesday, the DMV said in a statement Wednesday.

DMV Capt. Jake Elovirta turned on his vehicle’s lights and siren and attempted to stop the motorcyclist for careless and negligent operation, officials said.

But the motorcyclist sped away well in excess of the 55 mph speed limit, said Elovirta, a commercial vehicle enforcement inspector.

The motorcyclist continued north between vehicle lanes and cut back and forth in front of vehicles, Elovirta reported.

He discontinued efforts to stop the motorcyclist because of safety concerns.

The DMV noted that Vermont has had 51 vehicle-related deaths this year, including seven involving motorcycle crashes.

Anyone with information about the identity of the motorcyclist is asked to contact DMV’s Enforcement and Safety Division at 828-2078 during business hours.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: (Vermont) DMV seeks motorcyclist doing wheelies during rush hour on I-89

Good luck lol

"Rush hour"

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

he intentionally wheelied for the cop haha

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

DMV people have lights and sirens and can pull people over?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by warsaw1776 View Post
    DMV people have lights and sirens and can pull people over?!?!
    In VT they do.

OMG over a few whoolies.......Jeez you would have thought he killed a few people

Lifer

He outran Motorola. Wow.

First time I've heard tunes on the dash cam audio.

IF there isn't a rash of cow tippings, the police in VT need something to do...

Really. Stop the effing presses and put out an APB. Someone popped a wheelie and exceeded 55 mph.
    <yawn><roll eyes> #bigbrother+pussificationofamerica+youcallthatrushhour??+gocatchsomerealcri minals

Rush hour in vt is a couple cows standing in the road.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Just to show solidarity, I'm considering going out and doing some "wheelie stands" of my own today. Who's with me.

Another stupid rider, yay.

And FWIW, I will never take the VT DMV enforcement seriously. The VT DMV is staffed by a contracted company, so DMV enforcement is the equivalent of highway mall cops.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Someone should have run him over with an SUV.

Comments on the Facebook page are very enlightening, especially off the opinion on riders. The video didn't look too menacing either.

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    Another stupid rider, yay.

Guess you can't wheelie???? LOLOLOL JK

No joke. My bike can power wheelie, I'm just scared to lol.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Quote Originally Posted by SRTie4k View Post
    No joke. My bike can power wheelie, I'm just scared to lol.

No joke----Power whoolies will get you killed. Clutch it up and cover the rear break and its ON.....not as hard as it looks

its all good.....

A smooth power curve is more dangerous than whacking it open and using the clutch? I'd tend to think it would be opposite. As long as you're not a newer rider and can control the throttle properly, it's kinda like doing stoppies...pull the lever harder and harder little by little until the ass end is in the air.

I do not condone wheelies or stoppies. Experiment at your own risk, well away from me please

As for the mall cops on the highway with the VT DMV, they also carry guns unlike most mall cops. And they enforce all traffic laws. And everyone I know, who has had a run in with them, said they're complete assholes and would take a VSP officer, Sheriff, or local town cops over them any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    No joke----Power whoolies will get you killed. Clutch it up and cover the rear break and its ON.....not as hard as it looks

its all good.....
    I hate doing clutch ups. I like my clutch not beat to shit thanks.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

The problem whith power whoolies and I did loose a friend to them is with a clutch wheelie you can do it at a lower speed less RPM and more controll. Power wheelies take longer and once you hit the power curve it pick up and will wheelie but then your at either a high rate of speed or at red line and thats when the Bad happens can't stop for a car pulling out or anything and some times cause the bike is screaming at redline you will get a nice tank slapper and eat shit so.......and thats why any good stunter has real good clutch controll and can walk them all over

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post

Ehhhh really doesn't smoke a clutch that bad if done right....def cuts the life down on it but isn't worse than anything else

Clutching up on my TLS would kill me way faster than powering it up in 2nd I think.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Whoolies 101 with Pigman!!!

But he's on the ball, bad can happen as he mentioned. I'm just to use to riding a 1000 (with -1 +2), the front end gets light long before you hit ludicrous speed. I rode a friends tarded out XR650 and it was powering the front end up in 3rd gear and wasn't going fast at all. I guess it also depends on what you're riding and power / weight ratio. Could power wheelie that XR all day long and never see the speed limit

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    You're a pussy. Learn to use your clutch... and rear brake...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast