Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Gonna Need Some Help... End of Summer Party

Talking Gonna Need Some Help... End of Summer Party

Okay... so I have a problem... 3 kegs on tap.... can't drink them all myself... don't want them to go to waste... rough huh?

In all seriousness I know I've been all but silent on NESR this year (most of you know that's because I am about to be a dad so I have been running around getting stuff in order... scheduling time to breath!) but I wanted to extend an invite to NESR folks for our annual end of summer party.

When: September 29th, 4pm – Midnightish
    Cancellations: We don’t plan to but rain or the imminent arrival of our baby would cause this to be cancelled. I will update this if that happens. Call if in doubt.
    Parking: Driveway and entire lawn to the left of the driveway or along the road across the front and side of the house. Some garage space is available for motorcycles.
    RSVP: HUGELY appreciated so we can plan for food but if you don’t know yet, no worries.

Okay, so for anyone that hasn't been to one of our annual end of summer parties...

This year's party will be a bit later in the year and probably cooler so in addition to the cookout we plan to have hot cider/chocolate and donuts. As usual we plan to have a bonfire, outdoor movie (Starts around 7:30) and an open bar. This is a fun but relaxed event and things don't get too crazy so you are more than welcome to bring your kids. We do however ask you to bear in mind that the movie may not be kid friendly and as great as your kids doubtless are we won't be available to babysit them Since there is an open bar I would recommend and prefer that kids be out of there by 9.

We have a horseshoe pit, tire swing for the kids (or crazy adults lol) and a hot tub to relax in. Bring your own bathing suit and towel cause no you can't borrow my bathing suit Parker

The bar will be open for drinks; we have a great selection of liquor and it looks like we will be running 3 kegs on tap this year Switchback is back by popular demand. Long Trail is also back by popular demand and because it is one of my favorites. We also have a newcomer: Brewmaster's Reserve Dry Irish Stout. This is an imperial stout. Think Guinness. This is sure to be a good one and we have a 1/2 barrel of it so I'm gonna need you guys to help me out! We may also have some home brew from one of our guys here. Good stuff! I can run up to 6 kegs, so if you think 3 isn't enough and want to add one I have taps for all 5 major kegs styles. Because so many kind people asked last year we will have a donation jar out to help defray the cost of the kegs...they aren't cheap! Don’t feel bad if you are broke though.

The outdoor theater has had some upgrades. Some new speakers, a better projector with higher resolution (1080p, 240hz) and a new fully networked BluRay player to drive it all. This will be the first full run on the new system!

What should you bring?
    Well, your friendly self, a dessert or dish of some sort and, as chairs are limited, a lawn chair, blanket or something to sit on. Feel free to bring a couple friends; if you bring a lot of friends it would help if you could bring some extra food as well We will have a bonfire but you will likely want a sweatshirt... the end of September can get a bit chilly.

RULES:
    We have fun, laid back friendly parties and in 5 years of this have never once had a single incident or even had to tell someone to chill, but to avoid any confusion.... While we have never had any problems or concerns, as always all alcoholic drinks are for people 21 or older only with no exceptions. If you are underage forget it. If I see you sneaking a drink at my party and you are underage I will kick you out. Hell, I may call your mom and dad and have them come pick you up.

If you plan on drinking we strongly encourage you to bring a designated driver; if I see you try to drive off drunk I will take your keys.

If you need a cigarette go to the other side of the garage, no drugs of ANY sort, no gladiator midgets, strictly no bearded women, and please don’t ask me to play Justin Bieber – if you do I will ask the guests to form a circle around you and poke you in the head while saying mean things about your hair and clothing until you repent for listening to crappy stupid music

Finally… HAVE FUN!!!

If you plan on coming please post up or pm me and I will get you directions. If you can bring a side or dish please let me know what so I can coordinate things.

Gonna Need Some Help... End of Summer Party-01e3c073-ccac-4676-9e09-4b0688ab1986wallpaper Gonna Need Some Help... End of Summer Party-collage-jpg

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by yesterdayze; 09-13-12 at 10:36 PM.

Re: Gonna Need Some Help... End of Summer Party

Wow........ epic multiple-post fail

Sounds like a great time though, wish it wasn't in VT

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    Wow........ epic multiple-post fail
    Yeah... thank God for edit right? I hit CTRL-V thinking I had only copied a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    Sounds like a great time though, wish it wasn't in VT
    Me too... I'm thinking the Carolina's would be nice... maybe Florida.... Somewhere where the end of summer meant the temperature was going to drop down to the 40's and 50's for a few weeks....

Awesome post very detailed and sets the right expectations.
    If I wasn't in such a clusterfuck situation id be there sounds lots of fun.