Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Vermont motto meetup!?

Question Vermont motto meetup!?

Hey guys! I was thinking of trying to get a Vermont and surrounding states together and have a bike meet up! You know something more then the normal 10 bikes you normally see at bike nights. Like how cool would it be to get 100 or even more bikes together and just go take over for an hour or two!! Any interest in this at all from anyone? I will post in regular bike discussions as well!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Vermont motto meetup!?

Must suggest a where and when,

Brattleboro sucks but it is closets to population

good luck

or get a dirty bike and go to Cromag

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Yeah that's the only thing I cant seem to pin down is a good enough place where it's not too far for people from the surrounding states and isn't a drive for everyone in VT lol I was thinking Rutvegas but I don't wanna someone getting shot lol any suggestions Brattleoro wouldn't be a horrible choice just yeah kinda sucks lol

Having lived in Brattleboro, that wouldn't be a bad place to meet. Take route 9 west to Wilmington then try 100 north for a bit. Let those people from northen Vt break off for home while you loop back toward Brattleboro. Done this loop a few times. Endless possibilities for routes to take.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2004 SV650
    1979 GS 850GN
    2005 Tt-r125
    NEMRR #246 - Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersports

hmmm looking at it just distance wise from the surrounding states Brattleboro is in a pretty ideal location actually and it's big enough to where I am sure most people could find it. I take it there is proabably a big open parking lot somewhere in that town lol. I've only driven through it a handful of times, Now the real question is when would be the best time to host this gathering I was thinking like july 14th or sometime around that gives people enough time to plan it out and recover from july 4th. thoughts? comments? concerns?

So far you've only been to Bike Night in the winter, Logan. The aim is definitely to grow the numbers again this summer. We've had 60-70 bikes in the past. Need good weather for that though.

That said, planning some sort of event is always a possibility. Maybe you should come to the Bennington Triumph Bash, which is the weekend after Memorial Day in Bennington. Doesn't matter if you actually have a Triumph.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Very true! And I haven't been in a few weeks and sorry for that been super busy! I am excited to see the guys who show up once the season is in full swing and so would that be June 3rd weekend for that Triumph Bash? Sounds awesome I should've checked with you guys to see if we had anything like that going on.

Yeah, the BTB is June 2-4. Best bet is to take off work Friday and come down Thursday night. There's always a group of us that camps (because hotels are expensive), and quite a few people roll in Thursday evening. Then Friday and Saturday are the main days; there's a BBQ Friday night and a more organized dinner Saturday night. The event itself is free, but of course you have to pay for dinner, camping, etc.

If you can't take off work Friday, see if you can at least get out early and ride down in time for the BBQ.

The website is down at the moment (long story), but should be back up hopefully by the end of this weekend, at which point I can point you to all the specific info.

--mark

Last edited by markbvt; 03-31-17 at 10:47 AM.
    '20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

hell yeah shoot me the info and ill put in the time as soon as I can that sounds sweet!!

Website is up now. Click on the link in my sig below. Text me if you have any questions.

--mark

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

is this a plan to change Vermont's motto to something other than "Freedom and Unity" ?

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Oct 1-3 works better for me!

My motto is "I'm not happy `til you're not happy", let me know if you still want to meetup and discuss

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek