Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

VTBN July 31st 2010 Super Cycle Showcase planning.

re: VTBN July 31st 2010 Super Cycle Showcase planning.

Please don't get attached to the name peeps...it's currently being re-worked.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Rennline is a locally owned Porsche aftermarket part company. I know it's not the same name but I'm just throwing it out there.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

2010 VTBN Motorcycle Expo

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    i like it

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

That name doesn't evoke sport bikes at all though. May want to work that in. Sounds more like a harley meet with that name.

It's not all sportbikes.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    It's not all sportbikes.
    Right, but I think Jason is trying to say is that if you simply call it a "Motorcycle Expo" then lots of head-to-toe Harley-die-hards are going to show up and probably be somewhat disappointed when there isn't an abundance of American chrome on display.

Work "sport" into the name.

/$.02

Maybe you guys should think about using a name that has at least a little personality. Motorcycle Expo? Bike Show? Do you also drink beer that comes in a white can with big black letters that spell "BEER"? Try to be at least a little imaginative.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by catamount View Post
    Right, but I think Jason is trying to say is that if you simply call it a "Motorcycle Expo" then lots of head-to-toe Harley-die-hards are going to show up and probably be somewhat disappointed when there isn't an abundance of American chrome on display.

Work "sport" into the name.

/$.02
    Let em show up then. We will have a few cruisers at this show.

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Maybe you guys should think about using a name that has at least a little personality. Motorcycle Expo? Bike Show? Do you also drink beer that comes in a white can with big black letters that spell "BEER"? Try to be at least a little imaginative.

--mark
    Parker put out a big list of possibilities. And how did either of you, and others respond?

And while the whole Revline thing sounds cool...Doc, Parker and I agree that it lacks clarity and focus.
    If Motorcycle Expo/Show is too bland, then what are we lookin at? Take a look at what Parker posted, and lets get this ironed out. We are not out to please everyone, but we do want this to be attractive. If we don't have something by the end of the week, or at least Wednesday, we gotta go with the best we got.
    Lets see some good brainstorming then eh?

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Parker put out a big list of possibilities. And how did either of you, and others respond?
    Did you somehow miss the first page of this thread? I put out plenty of ideas. If you guys don't like any of them, fine, but I still did my part. And the general advice still applies, even if the specifics aren't along the lines of what you're looking for.

One further bit of advice: Stop running this by committee. You'll never get anything accomplished. Either Parker should take it on, run with it, and make the decisions he feels work best, or someone else should, because you're right, you're never going to please everyone. Not even everyone on the planning committee.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

The problem with one person doing it is that there is ALOT of planning and organizing. Parker and Adam accepted the task with the understanding they would get guidance and direction from Bill (and me).

On the one hand I don't think the name is all that important so just call it Concours D'elegance

On the other hand I do think it smart to play to your target audience. That audience is not a bunch of "Bikers" or a bunch of "Bashers". I also don't think we are sponsored by "Revline" energy drink/ body spray/ deodorant etc

The audience is the motorcycle enthusiast who is interested in sport/standard/classic/race/adventure touring/cruiser bikes. At a minimum it is just a bunch of bikes to come look at. If we can get a couple vendors GREAT, if the local businesses are going to get involved with discounts GREAT, if there is going to be a raffle or handouts GREAT! If we are going to raise money for a charity GREAT! BUT I don't think much of that will happen without the same type of help and commitment we got from the AJ fundraiser.

Last edited by Doc; 06-07-10 at 07:04 AM.
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually made any inquiries into how high the level of interest around here might be for people to even enter their bikes into the show?

Just asking because I'm not going to enter mine, for example. And it's not going to be a terribly interesting show if it's a few mostly-stock bikes that you can see on dealership floors (or parked at Bike Night) at any time.

Has anyone talked to Tim, for instance, about displaying some of his old Ducatis and Laverdas? Or the CBE guys about displaying a Norton or two?

--mark

Hey guys, I'm sorry i haven't been on the forum as much lately, i will hopeful be getting internet in my apartment on Wednesday morning. I would like every one to know that I am in charge of this event I have Adam as my right hand man to help with projects and make sure that i am kept in line. I also have the assistance of Doc and Bill to help with planning and guidance. All matters of this event will be run through me. Yes i will be asking for help in accomplishing this task, but i want to make sure that i know of every thing that goes on.

As it stands right now, i am not trying to please every one, however, i only want to hear constructive criticism from now on. I want ideas to be put out there and i want to welcome new ideas to be posted. Just because an idea is posted, doesn't mean that i will use it, but i will always look into it.

As for the name of this event. I like a few different options and i am working with a few people to figure out what a good name would be. I will be running the ideas around at bike night tomorrow. If the name gets changed, it will happen by Wednesday.

Once again i want to thank every one for participating with this event. I know right now there is a lot of chaos, but i assure you that it will dissipate once we get our permit back from the town and a name for the event. then fliers can be made businesses can be contacted, and the gears can be oiled up and start turning.

Right now Bill has approximately 10 people interested with any where from 10-20 bikes. This is a road block for us, can any one create and editable PDF file that we can use to have people submit their bikes into the show? I would create it but i don't know how to. If you are able to help out with this it would be extremely appreciated. Doc and i will hopefully discuss what will be on the form tomorrow night.

Anyways, rember if you have any questions comments or suggestions, please feel free to post them up or PM me.

Thanks,
    GT2

GT2

What night is Burlington BIKE NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Well said Parker.
    Yesterdayze is all over the PDF so no worries.

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually made any inquiries into how high the level of interest around here might be for people to even enter their bikes into the show?

Just asking because I'm not going to enter mine, for example. And it's not going to be a terribly interesting show if it's a few mostly-stock bikes that you can see on dealership floors (or parked at Bike Night) at any time.

Has anyone talked to Tim, for instance, about displaying some of his old Ducatis and Laverdas? Or the CBE guys about displaying a Norton or two?

--mark
    First, my apologies Mark for not reading back far enough to see your post.
    Second...why not enter the Bonnie? Why haven't you talked to Jack, Nick and Welby at CBE, along with Tim and anyone else? Not upset, just curious, since you're asking if its been done. Doc and I can only ask the people we know, and I figure its up to the rest of the Crew to take a little initiative to funnel people they know to Parker, Adam, Doc and I to register their bikes for the event.
    We need your help in this area Mark.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

--mark
    Would you like to head that up Mark?

I have talked to CBE and they are enthusiastic. If I had Tim's number I would call him.

I don't think of this as entering in a contest. I think of it as a place to look at a bunch of different bikes. The criteria are vague and very open. The prizes are a bunch of ribbons (and maybe Hugs from Bill's Girlfriend).

If you have contact with anyone that might be interested Mark PLEASE step up and contact them. I would love to see a bunch of Triumphs from the Rat Pack and some cool adventure tourers!

Last edited by Doc; 06-07-10 at 12:11 PM.
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Yesterdayze is all over the PDF so no worries.
    Cool Beans!!!! Thanks Jason!!!! I know your schedule is hectic.

GT2

What night is Burlington BIKE NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Second...why not enter the Bonnie?
    Because there's a good chance I'll be busy riding it to Maine for the 11th annual Maine European Motorcycle Enthusiasts meet that weekend.

Besides which, entering it in a show would mean I'd have to wash and detail it much more thoroughly than I have the time, energy, or willpower to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak
    Why haven't you talked to Jack, Nick and Welby at CBE, along with Tim and anyone else? ... We need your help in this area Mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc
    Would you like to head that up Mark?
    No, I would not like to head that up. I just got finished doing a large amount of the work for a rally that drew well over 100 people for the whole weekend, including leading a group ride of 24 bikes through the Adirondacks (and you know how I love large groups). And I'm going into super-busy season at work (lots of overtime). So I'm taking a few months off organizing motorcycle events.

That said, you guys missed a fantastic weekend. Told you you should have come down.

--mark

That said, you guys missed a fantastic weekend. Told you you should have come down.

--mark
    Sorry Mark. I may have made it down if I wasn't working.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Tougher than a lion Sportygurl131's Avatar

Vermont Streetriders Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto
    Subaru love is so sweet.
    qoute from a fellow nesrian

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Sportygurl is probably your best bet for meeting and making new friends, she is like the social director or ambassador or something for NESR.

I also don't think we are sponsored by "Revline" energy drink/ body spray/ deodorant etc
    Hey Doc, apparently there are others who got 'Revline' though it is a good thing we didn't go with it as there is already a 'RevLine Motorsports', 'RevLine - Speed Forums', 'RevLine Racing' and several other high octane fast car/motorcycle related things with that name. Hey, on the bright side at least we won't be calling it 'Concours D'elegance', after all this is more the image we want....

Not so much this....

Parker, I'll let you know when I have that pdf wrapped up. Meanwhile, keep utilizing the resources you have. I know you have stepped up to the plate to take charge of this so thank you for making sure you are working for the collective interest of the group. I know it can be hard to balance getting things done with 'pleasing everyone' and I am glad you aren't afraid to displease someone; just be careful not to let yourself lose sight of the fact that leadership is less about being the big boss and more about serving Not that I am worried about that from you just my encouragement... go get em big guy haha... That said, thank you for heading this up and representing the group in this.

I was thinking less of this:

More of this:

But replace the some of the old bikes with Sportbikes.

Last edited by Doc; 06-08-10 at 08:17 AM.
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

More of this:

yeah, but most of us don't wear white gloves and most of us actually ride our bikes I suppose if we joined forces with the local equestrian group we could pull it off.... horsepower is horsepower right?

If you want high quality show bikes, you need more than 2 months notice, and you need a venue bigger than Winooski, VT. It's nice to have lofty goals, but I think we need to be realistic here.

NO. Not high quality show bikes, not this year.

But the concept.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

The concept is cool bikes. What we want to do is possible, and we can do it, but instead of criticism, we need support.
    Talk about it tonight, get a name solidified, Doc, get the permits in, and then all ya have to do is get people to register.

There is plenty of time to do make this happen!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast