Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

VTBN July 31st 2010 Super Cycle Showcase planning.

re: VTBN July 31st 2010 Super Cycle Showcase planning.

Doc started the permit and i am finishing it up with the chief later this week maybe thursday or friday morning. Doc has offered though to re-subbmit the regular Bike Night Permit. I'll keep ya'll posted as to what we decide at Bike Night tonight. (it won't be posted until tomorrow afternoon due to not having internet at my apartment) hopefully though i will be getting internet tomorrow morning and then it will be easier to get in touch with me!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

GT2

What night is Burlington BIKE NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Alright after much consideration and trying to take in the suggestions (knowing that i can't please every one) the Official name of the event will be:

VTBN hosts the 2010 Super Cycle Showcase

If anyone would be interested in helping to make/ arrange a flier to be made up, please PM me.

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Tougher than a lion Sportygurl131's Avatar

im not in vermont but im good with design, let me know if you guys need help

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto
    Subaru love is so sweet.
    qoute from a fellow nesrian

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Sportygurl is probably your best bet for meeting and making new friends, she is like the social director or ambassador or something for NESR.

Quote Originally Posted by AHAMAYs2 View Post
    Alright after much consideration and trying to take in the suggestions (knowing that i can't please every one) the Official name of the event will be:

VTBN hosts the 2010 Super Cycle Showcase

Can we abbreviate it VHT2SCS?

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Can we just say "Cycle Showcase"???

Please?

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

That's the name guys. Enjoy!

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dichotomous View Post
    it will need to be a big case to hold all the motorcycles, motorcycles are big!
    Good idea.... I'll let you head up the construction crew to build it.....

As for the name, i'm keeping the name the way it stands, i want this event to be a little flashy. The purpose is to get some "super" bikes, in both power and in style. I'm hoping that the name is catchy enough to attract people from all over. If people are interested in putting their bikes in to the judging competition they it's about the pitch to have them enter their bikes, not the name of the event. Anywho, i would ask that every one start advertising via word of mouth that we are holding the 2010 Super Cycle Showcase on July 31st.

I'm still working on the permits i have called the station and I'm sending out an email now because i have to meet with the Winooski police chief to set up the rest of the paper work.

SportyGirl, if you would like to start drafting up a design or two for fliers and posters that would be extremely helpful. Drawn up designs can be posted here or emailed to me (parkermit@gmail.com). If any one else is interested in helping out with the a design for the flier that would be great for you to help out too.

Does anyone know a manager, boss, or owner of a copy center where we could possibly have these printed off as a donation or at at reduced price?

Thank you every one for your input thus far!! Don't forget when ever we advertise this event or ask for anything for this event, Please do so with a smile and lets mind our P's and Q's!

I'll keep you guys posted as more the gears keep turning!

Last edited by Doc; 06-14-10 at 01:20 PM.

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

I passed things on to Parker, and its his show to run now.

My opinion is that, while a catchy name is good, I think portraying a certain amount of maturity (for lack of a better word) is important as well. Especially considering the potential people and Dealers who might be a part of it.

Personally, if someone approached me and asked if I would like to display my Aprilia in the 2010 Super Cycle Showcase, I'd be hesitant. And I feel a little embarrassed having to use this title to advertise. Especially to Cyclewise Ducati Vermont.

But its Parker's show, everyone has an opinion, and mine is just another one at this point. This is the last I'll bitch about it.
    I'm doing my best to get some hot machines registered for the event and waiting to hear back from RSM and CW!

Last edited by Doc; 06-14-10 at 01:20 PM.
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    My opinion is that, while a catchy name is good, I think portraying a certain amount of maturity (for lack of a better word) is important as well. Especially considering the potential people and Dealers who might be a part of it.

I wouldn't be ashamed, hell, half of us ride bikes that are consider 'super sport' bikes.

Bill, you know me so you know I am blunt and not just trying to be a jerk but I'm torn between trying to decide if this is just honest feedback or an underhanded attempt to change Parker's mind without actually forcing him.

The name is fine! Do it up! If someone is too embarrassed to show up cause of the name, odds are they're a poser anyways (you know I love you bill ).

Anyways, just my two cents. Not trying to stir up controversy. We have a name, I'll get the forms wrapped up and lets all do our part to get this show on the road!

what level of awsomeness shall the bikes registered be? I have done a lot of work to mine and wouldnt mind showing it off, but its definately no show bike. is that the sort of thing thats to be on display or is this for show quality bikes only.

theres just something about a blue bike

Quote Originally Posted by AHAMAYs2 View Post
    Does anyone know a manager, boss, or owner of a copy center where we could possibly have these printed off as a donation or at at reduced price?
    !
    I can possibly help with this.

Let me know when you have more details (size / quantity / paper type / color / etc.).

~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

what level of awsomeness shall the bikes registered be? I have done a lot of work to mine and wouldnt mind showing it off, but its definately no show bike. is that the sort of thing thats to be on display or is this for show quality bikes only.
    This is for anyone and anything. Mine should be there and you've seen mine lol

So i sent an email to the Police Chief yesterday and was directed to talk with a woman named Michelle, who is in charge of the event planning for Winooski. So i was able to send out an email to her before i left work. I heard back from her this morning, and it looks as though we may have the permits submitted on Monday evening, Tuesday morning. I am waiting to hear back from her, but it looks like we will have an appointment on Monday afternoon. If there are any other big ideas that people have for this event i would encourage you to share them or PM me with them. That way we can look into them before my meeting on Monday.

Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted.

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    yeah, well polished frame and chrome wheels/rotors/calipers and what not beats zipties and scratches..... I'll see your windsheild support and raise you a cracked headlight.
    but who knows, maybe I can get a good polish on the bike and stickers to cover the major scratches ("yeah dem mah sponsahs") which would go well with the matching theme on my car. alright I'm in, it'll be fun for the kids (I mean child labor for cleaning/polishing) I claim "in" on the "super" part of super cycle as my bike has supersport suspension grafted on.....

Last edited by Dichotomous; 06-11-10 at 01:38 PM.
    theres just something about a blue bike

yeah dem mah sponsahs.....
    I didn't know you were sponsored by Hello Kitty.....

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Not necessarily show bike quality, but not your average street going moto.
    For instance; I wouldn't register my Kawi, but my Aprilia would be acceptable.

From the "Wanted" Thread:

What we are looking for:
    Exotic:Ex- Graham's Mille R, or a Duc 916, MV, Laverda.
    Vintage/Rat: Ex- Norton, BSA, Vincent, etc.
    Custom/One-off: Chopper or Show Bike
    Highly modified: Ex- Noel's GSXR1000
    Race Bike: A nice assortment, from Hawks(we'll have enough) to SuMo's. Preferably nice-ish looking. Sorry boys and girls, but no junkie EX500's.

And anything else thats cool...not sport bike specific, but a HD with lots of Chrome doesn't count. Unless its a complete one-off custom build.
    Also note that your Jap Bike with a paint job, full system and levers does not count as custom. Unless the paint is really really nice .

Last edited by MotoFreak; 06-11-10 at 04:10 PM.
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Not necessarily show bike quality, but not your average street going moto.
    For instance; I wouldn't register my Kawi, but my Aprilia would be acceptable.

From the "Wanted" Thread:

What we are looking for:
    Exotic:Ex- Graham's Mille R, or a Duc 916, MV, Laverda.
    Vintage/Rat: Ex- Norton, BSA, Vincent, etc.
    Custom/One-off: Chopper or Show Bike
    Highly modified: Ex- Noel's GSXR1000
    Race Bike: A nice assortment, from Hawks(we'll have enough) to SuMo's. Preferably nice-ish looking. Sorry boys and girls, but no junkie EX500's.

And anything else thats cool...not sport bike specific, but a HD with lots of Chrome doesn't count. Unless its a complete one-off custom build.
    Also note that your Jap Bike with a paint job, full system and levers does not count as custom. Unless the paint is really really nice .

My understanding is that this is a motorcycle event? Yes that would apply to the show section but anyone and everything is welcome to come, park, show off whatever I thought? Correct me if I'm wrong?

My understanding is that this is a motorcycle event? Yes that would apply to the show section but anyone and everything is welcome to come, park, show off whatever I thought? Correct me if I'm wrong?
    Uh, yes? I'm not really following you though Jason.

Its pretty clear cut. There will be a Race Paddock area for the race/track bikes, TD promo, etc; Vendors, and then the registered entries for the Show, which is the main event.
    We encourage everyone to enter, but we do ask for some personal discernment when it comes to registering for the Show.

Last edited by MotoFreak; 06-12-10 at 04:58 PM.
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Uh, yes? I'm not really following you though Jason.

Its pretty clear cut. There will be a Race Paddock area for the race/track bikes, TD promo, etc; Vendors, and then the registered entries for the Show, which is the main event.
    We encourage everyone to enter, but we do ask for some personal discernment when it comes to registering for the Show.
    I could be wrong, but knowing Dano I think he was more just making sure there will still be a place for everyone to show off their bikes - not as part of the 'way sweet' show, just more then merely parking lol. You know how some shows will ask you to park in a regular parking lot far from the show thing. It was just a double check after Doc's talk about doing a fancy show.

Just send me a PM next time ya'll have any questions about the actual registration of show bikes.
    Outside of the show, we don't care who shows up. Parking for the Show will be at the Show. Parker and Doc have a parking plan lined up already. At least in the works.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    You felt it too ?

Hey, is this SuperCycle, Super-Cycle or Super Cycle? and is it ShowCase or Showcase? Want to make sure I did the forms correctly.

VTBN Hosts the 2010 Super Cycle Showcase

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Re: VTBN July 31st 2010 Super Cycle Showcase planning.

wooooosahhhh guys!

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast