Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

VTBN July 31st 2010 Super Cycle Showcase planning.

Re: VTBN July 31st 2010 Super Cycle Showcase planning.

very classy......

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Dichotomous; 06-23-10 at 07:20 AM. Reason: being nicer
    theres just something about a blue bike

Hey guys, I have been thinking so much about this event lately and I wanted to post up a little piece to explain why I am pursuing this event with so much passion.

Adam and I used to ride together on rare occasion last fall until we discovered Bike Night. Once Adam found it on Craigslist, we decided we would check it out and see what it was like. Upon arriving Doc (who surprisingly showed up to a Bike Night I jest) Welcomed Adam and I right of the bat. As we continued to return I found a rhythm when I was riding with Adam where we didn’t need to speak to each other to know what the other was thinking. That’s when I stated to truly loving my bike. I had dropped out of college last fall with the assistance of some very poor choices that I made. I lived out of a storage unit for 3 months, and yet every week Adam and I would ride to Bike Night and be surrounded by people that would welcome us in, and then later refer to us as the Ginger Twins.

I was going through a rough patch in my life and yet every Tuesday, Bike Night was there to lift my spirits. Throughout the winter when I lived with my grandmother with Alzheimer’s, Bike Night was there. Through this very long part of my life Bike Night has given me a very strong group of very supportive friends, and education on motorcycles (I still have so much to learn), and a positive atmosphere to continue doing what I now wouldn’t give up for the world, Riding!

But with all that Bike Night has given me, how could I give back to it? I had struggled with this all winter and couldn’t think of anything but continuing to show up and smile my goofy grin. When Bill talked about this event I thought I had finally found a way to give back. When Bill left and went to Arizona and handed the event to me… I knew I had the full opportunity to step up and give back to the Bike Night crowd which has done so much for me.

I appreciate the help and support giving by every one from Bike Night and all of you who have posted through NESR. I have planned events in the past, but never anything this large. I am glad to be running this event and I thank you as your continued help and support.

Later this evening I will post up the full list of categories, space and how it will be used, and where we are at with the permits (we are looking very good with it all!)

GT2

What night is Burlington BIKE NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. That was a really awesome read Parker. You have shown an incredible amount of passion for VTBN over the past year. It's pretty refreshing.

I think everyone is really glad that you're taking the bull by the horns on this one.

Now, one month left to organize. That time is going to fly by. Let us know how we can help.

Yea baby! Rally the Troops!
    Its time to get shit done people...Parker and Doc have done the leg work, now we need bikes, and some people to spread/print/pay for Advertisements. Not too much activity lately.

Anyone talk to:
    Classic Bike
    Land Air
    RSM
    Known Builders (Tommy Graves)
    Bike Nighters
    ?

What's the good word?

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Tougher than a lion Sportygurl131's Avatar

i offered to help... but havent heard back...

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto
    Subaru love is so sweet.
    qoute from a fellow nesrian

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Sportygurl is probably your best bet for meeting and making new friends, she is like the social director or ambassador or something for NESR.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoFreak View Post
    Yea baby! Rally the Troops!
    Its time to get shit done people...Parker and Doc have done the leg work, now we need bikes, and some people to spread/print/pay for Advertisements. Not too much activity lately.

Anyone talk to:
    Classic Bike
    Land Air
    RSM
    Known Builders (Tommy Graves)
    Bike Nighters
    ?

What's the good word?
    I have spoken to Graham, Tony, LAPS, Boston Moto, Kevin Buck (AGV leathers and some other gear that I forget the name of) CBE,

I thought you were talking to RSM and Cyclewise?

Sporty... if ya wanna help PM me.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I have spoken to Graham, Tony, LAPS, Boston Moto, Kevin Buck (AGV leathers and some other gear that I forget the name of) CBE,

I thought you were talking to RSM and Cyclewise?

Sporty... if ya wanna help PM me.
    I just PM'd her about the posters...I have spoken to Cyclewise and RSM (and Im awaiting confirmation) but once they are in I can't coordinate logistics( ie. show times, set-up, placement) from Arizona.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Pretty sure the Show is starting at 10am. Setup starts at 9am. Parker and I wil be there to direct (mostly Parker)

Pretty sure he is mapping the area to hand out to people (where stuff goes/is)

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Hey guys sorry for the absence on the forum, i know that it's really important to keep moving forward and i appreciate the helping suppost!

to Doc and Bill!

Last week i had to decide if i was moving jobs, and do 3 night time shoots with the studio so most of my time was eaten up. But now i'm back and ready to go. The permits will be handed in today (or tomorrow morning if the office is closed tonight ) Doc and I will determine the final categories for the show and then Jason will be able to make the PDF available to anyone

Like Bill said, we need to start advertising and getting the word out there, the PDF's will be available by tomorrow so start thinking of people and businesses to contact! Also we should have a flier drawn up by the end of the week so we will need to have it printed off and help distributing them. Thanks guys for sticking with me through this and lets make this event HUGE!!!!!!!!

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Parker. Things are coming together, lets get those permits in baby and get this rolling!

As far as the pdfs go, if people want to email them out to individuals they know, that will work great. Just let them know, or I'll get Jason to put it on the bottom of the form, that all registration forms should be submitted to me at wrr.design@gmail.com, as I am kinda the collection point for the electronic registrations, of which I will pass on to Parker and Doc.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Cyclewise is in baby!!! Getting some bikes rounded up as well. Things are coming together!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

Good work Bill!!

---------------------------------------------------
    - Nothing Witty -

2002 Ducati 998 (sold)
    2006 Xtreme Pro Stock 125cc (sold to JBell)
    2000 Ducati 748 track (sold)

As soon as we get confirmation that the Permit is approved I am gonna start a list of Confirmed Vendor Attendees. (If that is OK with Parker)

SO... Is the permit approved?

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

as soon as my new version of photoshop is downloaded i can make head way on the posters

Subaru love is so sweet.

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!
    Sportygurl is probably your best bet for meeting and making new friends, she is like the social director or ambassador or something for NESR.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    As soon as we get confirmation that the Permit is approved I am gonna start a list of Confirmed Vendor Attendees. (If that is OK with Parker)

SO... Is the permit approved?
    I'm hopefully dropping the permits off at city hall this afternoon. I have been in contact with Machelle (the permit lady for winooski) and she said that i should submit the permit and just make sure to still schedule my meeting with the police and fire departments after the request is submitted. She also has a food vendor that will be completely self sustaining and won't cost us a dime. I'm meeting up with Machelle and the vendor this evening when i head up to winooski. It's the Riverwalk festival tonight, (might be worth checking out) and it's located at the Champlain mills site (on the roundabout across from donny's) Anywho, yeah the permits look good, and i have talked over the space that we will be requesting with Machelle, and she thinks it won't be a problem to get the permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportygurl131 View Post
    as soon as my new version of photoshop is downloaded i can make head way on the posters

Thanks!

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

I am leaving to go to Lake George this afternoon (was planning on attending the festival).

I hope a number of peeps on bikes can make it down tonight.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Hey All! I wanted to put an update out to let every one know where we are at with this event.

I was unable to get up to Winooski this morning, but the second I clock out I’m headed straight for City Hall. The permit will start working it’s way through the system. I asked for the space in front of Champlain Mill the top and bottom area on July 31st from 10am to 2pm. I wanted to focus this year on the main event which will be the motorcycle showcase. Once every thing goes well this year, then we can plan out more for next year. ( Yes I am planning on having this thing be such a hit that we do it again next year! ) What we are looking at right now though it that both Jackie and Bill are drawing up poster designs so we can have a few different options – Thank you! We need a picture of the front of Champlain Mill during the day time so that we can send it off to Jackie for the poster.

I have talked it over with Bill and Doc and the three of us decided that we would like to make our donation to the Vermont National Guard Charitable Foundation Inc.

http://www.supportvermontguard.org/index.html

We currently have 2 food vendors that will not cost us anything to have at our event. I am crossing my fingers because I am trying to see if we can get Donny’s over at the event with out have to make them get a separate permit (I’m waiting to hear back on that). I am requesting from the 2 vendors that we all agree on an amount, but that some percentage of their sales will go towards our donation to the VNG Charitable Foundation.

I will hopefully get time this week to start contacting some of the local radio stations to see if they would be interested in providing some background noise / advertisement for the event. If we can get one (I’m hoping for free) then we will also have the PA to make announcements.
    -------------------------------------------

Doc has been and will be helping me create a press release that we can send out to the newspapers and TV stations. He has also been working to help get me in contact with the VNG Charitable Foundation, as well as P&P (so we can have porta poties at the event).

Bill has hit the ground running by contacting several businesses (like getting Cyclewise – Ducati Vermont) to come to the event. He has also been sending out email and phone calls to get some incredible and beautiful custom bikes at this event. I have placed Bill in charge of receiving all of the applications for the 2010 SCS.
    Jason has been working on the PDF form so that people may enter their bikes. And will soon have the form available for every one to download, as well as the new Vermont Bike Night website so that anyone can download the form from there.
    ----------------------------------------

Right now we need to start getting raffle items for the event so that we can raise money for the foundation and draw a larger crowd. If anyone is interested in working this event (something like sitting at the poll collection booth for ½ and hour or an hour) please let me know so that I can start to create a schedule. There isn’t much that needs to be manned, but we do need a dew volunteers.

Thanks for sticking with us and I’ll keep everyone posted as the ball continues to roll.

P.S. Please post up online when you are going to contact someone about a donation so that we don’t call the same business multiple times.

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

im working on the poster tonight! great info in that post thanks!

ps color or black and white?

also we may want to do a simple and a complex poster...

simple you can read while driving
    complex... for restaurants and shopping marts etc

Subaru love is so sweet.

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportygurl131 View Post
    im working on the poster tonight! great info in that post thanks!

ps color or black and white?

also we may want to do a simple and a complex poster...

simple you can read while driving
    complex... for restaurants and shopping marts etc
    could we do one of each? And black and white, it will be cheaper to print.

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

yes i can do both!

Subaru love is so sweet.

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!

For anyone on here who does not have my contact info and would like it, it is as follows:

My cell: (802) 279-0624
    My personal Email: Parkermit@gmail.com
    My Mailing Address: P.O. Box 10, Hyde Park, VT 05655

Feel free to contact me any way you wish at any time.

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

You just got slammed with a TON of stuff in an email from me.

Believe it or not that is just 1/2 of the stuff I was looking to get to you.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Get some. Way to be Parker, and welcome to planning an Event. Doc, good on ya mate for doing what you do.

Lets do the posters in CMYK, talk to TSanterre about printing, and if you need cash, let me know and Ill front ya for it. It needs to be seen!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-

i wish i lived in vt, this would be much easier lol

Subaru love is so sweet.

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!

Attachment 21078

Attachment 21079

here are some ideas (rough copies not good qualities)
    feel free to admit if they arent what ur looking for

Subaru love is so sweet.

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast