Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

VTBN July 31st 2010 Super Cycle Showcase planning.

Re: VTBN July 31st 2010 Super Cycle Showcase planning.

I think the darker bike looks a bit better, there's more defintion in the bike. Anywho, thank you sooooooooooooooo MUCH! Now that we have a poster we need to start figguring out how many we need! Any guesses, or better estimations for how many we will need printed? we need a buch for handing out in person and hanging up in shops. Remember, guys like us like to work on our own bikes so lets hang posters every where (like in auto parts stores ect.)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

GT2

What night is Burlington BIKE NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Tougher than a lion Sportygurl131's Avatar

i need the psd codes for yellow magenta and blue...

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto
    Subaru love is so sweet.
    qoute from a fellow nesrian

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Sportygurl is probably your best bet for meeting and making new friends, she is like the social director or ambassador or something for NESR.

Here are some proofreading comments:

"Hosted by Vermont Bike Night" line: might want to track out the spacing a little between "by" and "Vermont" because the loop on the V makes it look like the space between words is missing.

"For a Custom..." line: remove the comma after Classic. Not necessary.

I would remove the http:// from the vtbikenight URL -- it's a lot simpler just to show the basic URL, plus it would make it consistent with the NESR URL below.

Bottom line of text: NESR URL is misspelled (it's spelled "steet;" should be "street," obviously).

"Coordinator" is also misspelled (missing an o). Also, it would probably be better to make the O in Or lower case so the whole line flows as one sentence; otherwise you'd need a period after the NESR URL.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe
    My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more
    Bennington Triumph Bash, Oct 1-3, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Sportygurl131 View Post
    im that i can get the day off
    I'm that you can get the day off too

Edit...was playing around with this awhile but here it is after deleting it. And rewriting it... I'd simply tell Franks show = more exposure, more potential customers, and of course there's nothing wrong with a brandy new S1KRR being for sale at said show. Car, boat, RV shows...everything is for sale on the spot.

Now if he doesn't have the resources to run the shop and be at a show, that's understandable. Personally I'd close shop and attend the show with one of your posters in the door, another in the window, and it would be well known that that is where we'd be on that particular day. But, that's just me.

Last edited by Doc; 07-07-10 at 10:49 AM. Reason: to give my 2 cents and stalk sportster chick she is sooooooo dreamy :)

Quote Originally Posted by markbvt View Post
    Here are some proofreading comments:

"Hosted by Vermont Bike Night" line: might want to track out the spacing a little between "by" and "Vermont" because the loop on the V makes it look like the space between words is missing.

"For a Custom..." line: remove the comma after Classic. Not necessary.

I would remove the http:// from the vtbikenight URL -- it's a lot simpler just to show the basic URL, plus it would make it consistent with the NESR URL below.

Bottom line of text: NESR URL is misspelled (it's spelled "steet;" should be "street," obviously).

"Coordinator" is also misspelled (missing an o). Also, it would probably be better to make the O in Or lower case so the whole line flows as one sentence; otherwise you'd need a period after the NESR URL.

--mark
    GOOD EYE! I HAVE BEEN JUST COPYING AND PASTING WHAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SENDING TO ME ... since i have a very busy schedule ahah ill edit that up...
    then i need to send 3 copies with yellow magenta and blue text

Subaru love is so sweet.

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!
    Sportygurl is probably your best bet for meeting and making new friends, she is like the social director or ambassador or something for NESR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportygurl131 View Post
    GOOD EYE! I HAVE BEEN JUST COPYING AND PASTING WHAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SENDING TO ME
    Not to worry, not blaming you for the typos.

--mark

'20 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro / '19 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE / '11 Triumph Tiger 800 XC / '01 Triumph Bonneville cafe

Okay, my apologies that I have been so disconnected lately. I have been involved in numerous weddings and family events for a while now but am finally set with those so hopefully I can get back into things.

It's rough, it's ugly but I took 15 mins and threw up a quick page for this event on the vtbikenight.com site. Jackie I went ahead and put your poster up for now, I can update that if you crank out a new one.

Bill the registration form is up.

Yeah, site is rough right now. I hopefully I will get some more work done on it in the next few weeks as well as get the content management system in place so you can all start editing too.

Thanks for the patience everyone!

ill send you an edited one tonight

Subaru love is so sweet.

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!

Thanks Jason for getting the PDF done and website ready to go!

To Mark for the keen eye!

To Jackie for finishing up the poster!

To Bill for the press release (Bill, can you post a copy of it up please, Thanks! )

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Land Air is in!

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Alright i just talked to Lester and here's the 411 -

He right now just doesn't have the ability to send 2 people down to the event for the afternoon. He sounded to me, as if business just isn't what it used to be and that he's hurting. Although he recognizes the opportunity to have his name out there, he doesn't want to take the (financial) risk of sending 2 employees down.

He did however say that if there was any other way that he could support us he would be more than happy to oblige. He offered to donate a door prize for our raffle.

So Franks is out but we now have a door prize for the raffle from them.
    (nothing more needs to be said on this topic)

Last edited by Doc; 07-07-10 at 10:41 AM.

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AHAMAYs2 View Post
    Land Air is in!
    WOOT!!!

Hey, I went ahead and took a bit of lunch break to pretty up the site a hair. Made the whole header section smaller and cleaned up some of the images. I'll clean the code later in the week.

http://vtbikenight.com

http://vtbikenight.com/2010_SCSC.html

Site is still rough - Jackie, do you do website stuff? I wouldn't mind someone that would be willing to work with me on this as I am swamped already with side projects.

Last edited by yesterdayze; 07-06-10 at 01:50 PM.

He right now just doesn't have the ability to send 2 people down to the event for the afternoon. He sounded to me, as if business just isn't what it used to be and that he's hurting. Although he recognizes the opportunity to have his name out there, he doesn't want to take the (financial) risk of sending 2 employees down.
    I don't know if it's so much that business is hurting (BMW sales are up) -- he just doesn't have the employees to send. Like I said before, it's just him, his wife, and his daughter. (Of course, part of the reason he hasn't hired more employees is because sales are down overall due to the shitty economy.)

Glad he's donating a door prize though. Good work.

--mark

Thanks Jason it looks great and will do just fine! Now we can start sending people over to that website to enter their bikes or at least see our flier online!

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

And so we don't burn bridges would someone please go ahead and edit out all that past commentary we had on said subject. IMHO that is best reserved for in person, pms or phone conversations not 'anyone can see this' online debates - especially when tone isn't easily portrayed Just a supportive criticism

Quote Originally Posted by yesterdayze View Post
    And so we don't burn bridges would someone please go ahead and edit out all that past commentary we had on said subject. IMHO that is best reserved for in person, pms or phone conversations not 'anyone can see this' online debates - especially when tone isn't easily portrayed Just a supportive criticism

I already asked doc..... he said no...... It's not the best thing in the world but we also can't just have every thing we think is ugly removed from the thread, there would be nothing left but my updates

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

Doc only does ninja edits when negative things are said about him.

I already asked doc..... he said no...... It's not the best thing in the world but we also can't just have every thing we think is ugly removed from the thread, there would be nothing left but my updates
    I agree but Doc, in this circumstance I would say it is warranted as it could be construed as libel at worst; rude at best. It doesn't help that it is towards a local vendor we would be better served to have positive ties with. Things have certainly been removed for less.

If it was a report of a circumstance someone here was involved in, or merely aimed at an individual not involved in a business that is one thing. This is a generalization about the character of an individual not in the context of a review or report on an incident or series of incidents; that type of thing is often best avoided by the mainstream core of people that may someday work with them on events.

Just my humble opinion

Last edited by yesterdayze; 07-06-10 at 02:10 PM.

Input Bill's apology here:

Sorry guys for my lack of rational thinking. I tend to speak my mind, and I didn't think a head of my last few posts.
    Mark gave me a little reminder of the big picture and I'm sorry. Not setting the best example, especially at this point in time.

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Alright guys, here is where we are at:

I want to start by saying thank you to Mark and Bill for apologizing. Still I would like every one to remember that this thread is supposed to be supportive and positive. We need to all work together to make this event as successful as possible. That being said -

I am extremely proud and excited with the work that has been done so far. We still however have a great deal to do! We need to start advertising (the posters will be printed in a few days to start handing out and the website and PDF are ready to go). We also need to start gathering raffle prizes!

Remember, although this is a motorcycle event, we can still gather raffle items from places such as restaurants, auto shops, online motorcycle sites, ect.) Right now I have 3 shirts that have been donated buy Franks BMW shop for the raffle, and a free portrait photography session (from my mom ). I would ask that every person try to think of 3-5 shops at a minimum and post up that you are requesting a donation from them. It is important that we not ask the same places twice, we are already asking for free stuff! No need to add to that with harassing the stores several times for the same thing. Also if a store donates, please get the store’s mailing address, and the name of the person that authorized the donation, I want to send out thank you notes when the event is over.

Please keep a positive attitude and a smile on when you request a donation. Thanks all for helping out so far and let me know if there is anything you need.

GT2

TUESDAY...!!!!!!!!!!

sorry been busy for the past few day... i will have the new ones tommorow night

Subaru love is so sweet.

You crazy bitch!!

2003 sv650s copper!

Land Air is in!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Alright i just talked to Lester and here's the 411 -

He did however say that if there was any other way that he could support us he would be more than happy to oblige. He offered to donate a door prize for our raffle.

So Franks is out but we now have a door prize for the raffle from them.
    I would say that is an IN!

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Last edited by Doc; 07-07-10 at 11:36 AM.
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678