Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wonderful... here we go...

Re: Wonderful... here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Snake View Post
    My TL sounds kinda like a Black Hawk helicopter.......
    Which gets me thinking, I have them fly over my house every now and then and they are loud, they shake the windows. Perhaps we need a bill for that??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2015 FJ-09
    2006 Miata ( summer )
    2016 Mazda CX-5 ( winter )

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    snowmobiles
    They already do that with snowmobiles in VT. Throw on a set of aftermarkets with open stingers and see what happens

The part I found to be really funny was, the state would fine you $300 bucks for "loud" exhaust (and it was up to the discretion of whomever listening, no metering devices used) AND the state thought it could fine the manufacturer of said exhaust as well. What a joke. VT really makes me wonder sometimes.

VT is, or was also doing a kind of "inspection" for snowmobiles. We went to a popular truck / trailer parking spot in Groton right off the trail and there was an Auxiliary VT State Trooper there who was "inspecting" sleds, he demanded proof of insurance, or you'd get a fine if you left the parking lot on the sled, as well as reg. My favorite part was "start it up so I can check the headlight and tail light" which was a nice cover-up for "fire it up so I can hear how loud it is, I got my ticket book ready".

I kept my reg and insurance card in the tool box under the cowl. When he had his back to me I popped the cowl and grabbed my junk, he didn't need to see the twin pipes and that nice shiny ceramic coated silencer. The motor was still warm so when I started it, it idled low. No problems. Now if he had seen the pipes? I wonder.

He gave me a safety inspection sticker so later that day when we came across Trooper #2 out on the trail, I pointed to my sticker and never had to stop. In the end the stickers were kinda nice, not mandatory at all, but still nice.

You know what else is ungodly loud that no one cares about? Skidduhs. You can hear those things for miles and miles. And miles. It's ok for the 2nd grade drop out mudweiser fueled redneck to have little to no muffler on his skidduh.

Last edited by Slyder; 02-22-10 at 11:54 AM.

I'm glad they don't regulate jetski noise.

2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

I agree some bikes are too loud. So are some trucks, some cars etc. Frankly, I would rather suck it up then have some prick tell me I am too loud. No, I may not always like it but we dig our own graves when we have to set some standard for every little freaking thing. It get's stupid. If it's late at night, I try to keep my bike in as high a gear as I can comfortably to help keep the noise down in neighbor hoods. Plan and simple courtesy, I don't need to be told to do it.

Everyone can find something to whine and complain about and if everyone got to pick their little pet 'regulation' we would all have to die just to live up to all of it.

Regulations should be about OTHERS safety, not courtesy. 100 DB from 20 ft away won't blow your eardrums out or cause any damage unless you stand there for about 2 hours listening, so chill.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12