Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

08 Daytona (ROC) Race of Champions Who's Going. Set up up your rides here.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Re: 08 Daytona (ROC) Race of Champions Who's Going. Set up up your rides here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post

Gino, what's the sleeping plan for the NJ leg?

Got to fend for yourself on that one. SMF is calling a small favor for those in the truck. Sorry.

Thanks fo the push Scott.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by Scottg22 View Post
    Guys, this is truely a chance of a lifetime. Two of the biggest expenses of doing daytona are Hotel and Fuel to get there. This deal sounds pretty sweet. Talk about doing it on the cheap!

I have been going to Daytona 2x a years since 2001, driving my truck and trailer down and back and let me tell you, its a huge expense. For the October round, we make it a family trip and I make the wife and kids experience 'the traveling racers lifestyle' -complete with a few hours of sleep in the Hotel de'Pickup Truck. The last few years after the ROC, we have parked the trailer and went to Orlando for a few days as a family vacation.

Racing at Daytona is an amazing experience.... there is no other track in the world like it. I know money is tight and the ecomony sucks... but if there is a way to make this happen, I highly suggest it.

No bigger rush than hitting the banking WFO, drafting by 2 guys, running it in deep into the chicane and outbraking 1 or 2 others.........all with a tail wind !

Scott #4

Scott,
    What kind of truck and trailer are you getting down to FL with? I'm throwing out an estimate on what I may be getting for Gas Mileage. I'm guessing 5 mpg. I've got a 07 Tundra 5.7L, 6 speed, gas.

Gino
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

ill probably be staying @ the La Quinta next to the track. if anyone wants to split. Should be 30/night

David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Scott,
    What kind of truck and trailer are you getting down to FL with? I'm throwing out an estimate on what I may be getting for Gas Mileage. I'm guessing 5 mpg. I've got a 07 Tundra 5.7L, 6 speed, gas.
    I have a Ford F250 Diesel with 28Ft Trailer hauling 6 Race Bikes and 2 Scooters and all the associated Gear ( Tool Boxes, Tires, Gear, Wheels, Gas Cans Etc) I get almost 12.

I had a 04 Chevy 2500 with a 6.0 Gas and it got 8. I would say you will prolly get 6-8 with your truck.

I get my best gas mileage if I keep it under 70. When I go 75-80 mpg takes a hit not to mention I blow tires off my trailer quicker if I go too fast.

With that many people in the truck and that many bikes.. you will have a HEAVY load for a Tundra.... be careful. I doubt that Toyota has big brakes on itas its a 1/2 ton truck right?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottg22 View Post
    I have a Ford F250 Diesel with 28Ft Trailer hauling 6 Race Bikes and 2 Scooters and all the associated Gear ( Tool Boxes, Tires, Gear, Wheels, Gas Cans Etc) I get almost 12.

I had a 04 Chevy 2500 with a 6.0 Gas and it got 8. I would say you will prolly get 6-8 with your truck.

I get my best gas mileage if I keep it under 70. When I go 75-80 mpg takes a hit not to mention I blow tires off my trailer quicker if I go too fast.

With that many people in the truck and that many bikes.. you will have a HEAVY load for a Tundra.... be careful. I doubt that Toyota has big brakes on itas its a 1/2 ton truck right?
    Thanks, sound like i'm in the right ball park.

Supposedly the Tundra has the largest brakes in its class and towing a 10,800# capability. I'm planning to set the cruise control at 65 with not much more than 70. The trailer also has load levelers, so I’m told. It will be a long trip but well worth the experience of a life time with friends.

This will be my third trip to FL via 95. 1st was by motorcycle. 2nd was by truck and motorcycle. 3rd will be with truck and a whole shit load of motorcycles. I see a pattern here.

I may have to pick you brain about the track configuration. Do you know of any maps or videos out there?

Gino

Just bought my plane ticket to Daytona

will arrive at 9:15pm Wednesday

Should be an awesome time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by s a x m a n View Post
    Just bought my plane ticket to Daytona

will arrive at 9:15pm Wednesday

Should be an awesome time!!!

Go and represent Jamie!

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Quote Originally Posted by BMFR6 View Post

Go and represent Jamie!
    maybe scott will slow down a little so he can tow me around .... hahahah

looking forward to this trip though ... i've heard so much about daytona that I can't wait to experiance it for myself

Seriously, it's just crazy. Words can't describe it. I'll try.............. scrumtrulescent. That's it. You won't regret it, even if you will be eating PB+J for the next 3 months. Gino, we have much to discuss this weekend.

One of the former LRRS #13's

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisWatt762

JT42

Gino, whats your target leave date/time?

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Plan has changed. We not longer are going to be using my truck . SORRY. A Ford Super Duty 350 crew cab Diesel will be taking the Tundra's place. Form what I know It will be getting better gas MPG. Gas Diesel may be $1.00 more but over all things may be cheaper.

Leave Sunday morning for NJ. TTD on Monday. Maybe head to Daytona after TTD. We should be able to shift out and get down to Deltona on Tuesday for some rest. Will see what everyone feel like after the TTD.

2 SPOTS OPEN

1 EX #929 Gino (TTD+Daytona)
    2. AM #824 SMF=Scott Ferguson
    3. EX #762 Stupidhawk = Chris Watt
    4. AM #441 Mongoose 441 Daniel Carr (Bike + gear)(Team Hammer Day+Daytona)
    5. EX #266 Pastarocket = Ryan Hobbs
    6. EX #576 Saxman = Jamie Kupernik (Bike + gear) (TTD + Team Hammer/Daytona)
    7. EX #434 a13x = Alex Dunstan (bike + gear)
    8. NV #556 Rich Blake =(Ryans Buddy)

Gino

You better make this happen Hobbs!

Is this the configuration that CCS runs? There is a vid of the 07 ccs event that is running in this configuration. Does anyone know if this will be the same configuration for 08?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxmbTL1pkps

Gino

according to the ccs site that was used in March, but the other config is being used in October.

Lifer

That's the one I ran on Dan's 750 (SG's old old one) and it was a blast.

Both the video and the map are from the Spring Events (March).

The map Gino uploaded is what as known as the AMA track. They came up with that a few years ago to eliminated 1 banking and keep speeds down after the big 1000 superbikes were blowing up tires. That track only uses the west banking.

In the Race of Champions (the fall event) CCS uses the "Traditional Course" . Track map is located here: http://ccsracing.us/venues/maps/daytonaroctrackmap.pdf

On the video.. the footage from 1:42 - 2:50 is about the same. (with the exception of the International Horseshoe at 2:32... its a little closer to T1...now this vid is a few years old)

The traditional track is easy to learn... just hard to go fast at ..

Last edited by Scottg22; 09-03-08 at 09:55 AM.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

ohh man i gotta stop looking at this thread. im trying to find ways to justify it

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

do ittt

-Benjamin Franklin

Cheap NJMP trackday! - Planet Minis

An option if you don't want to run your race bike at NJMP on Sunday... : )

2 SPOTS OPEN

6. AM Tony S.
    7. EX #434 a13x = Alex Dunstan (bike + gear)

Jamie is out. Tony is in.

Here is the Deal $300 to get your bike and equipment to NJ then to Daytona. Next Thursday October 9th you will need to bring you bike/gear/$300 CASH to Rick's house. I will provide you a PM when I get his Address. Should this estimated amount run higher I will look to divide the balance amongst us all. I feel very confident this will suffice with no more drops out. I may look to see if anyone needs to get a bike down for just the track day. What do you (those of you that are going) think of this?

Gino

so....as of last night, its official.... I'LL BE THERE!

flying down on wednesday and Bruce Lyskowa is taking the bikes down, taking the team hammer day, staying at the super 8 right by the track with Ronnie.

Have a blast folks!

bummed that I can't go, but hasn't been a good 2nd half of the season for me and I just don't feel prepared with the bike (or financially) to make this happen.

I'll be rooting you all on!!!

3 SPOTS OPEN

6. AM Tony S.

Jamie is out. Alex is out. Tony is in.

Here is the Deal $300 to get your bike and equipment to NJ then to Daytona. Next Thursday October 9th you will need to bring you bike/gear/$300 CASH to Rick's house. I will provide you a PM when I get his Address. Should this estimated amount run higher I will look to divide the balance amongst us all. I feel very confident this will suffice with no more drops out. I may look to see if anyone needs to get a bike down for just the track day. What do you (those of you that are going) think of this?

Fixed above. I thought you had heard but I'm out. I'm selling my 600RR to Erasmo today actually and he's racing it at Daytona. I am between gigs right now and can't piss away 1k on racing

Boston --> San Diego

Why Did I even start this thread.

Gino

Welcome to the wonderful world of trying to organize travel for racing.

Shit Happens.... Bikes break, people lose jobs, wives freak out, not enough vacation time, The ecomony, guys can't find there balls in their significant others purses..... dont sweat it Gino. Good thing is you have enough guys that it shouldnt increase the $$ that much.

I am sure you already have... but throw a post out there on the Near List see if you can grab another guy or two. (also try the CCS Board and the WERA Board-Maybe u can grab a guy in the Mid Atlantic ?)

Ryan... glad to hear you are going. Hit me up if you need any help while down there...same goes to the other guys as well.

-Scott

*disclaimer* I am just breaking balls... I am not directing my reply at anyone that can not make it to Daytona. With the current economy....I would imagine the entries will be down for Daytona overall. **

Why Did I even start this thread.