Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

08 R1 turn signal/tail light project

Lifer

I started this project 2 months ago and finally finished it up tonight. Had to custom install the front flush mount signals by cutting part of the stock signal stem so the after market LEDs actually sat flush instead of recessed. Had a lot of trouble getting the sequential tail signal to work properly due to the load resistors on the front signals. Some of the frustration was my fault because I originally did a half-assed job installing the resistors to begin with in my haste to get the bike finished before being sent to El Sweatro for 2 weeks. Some of the frustration was not my fault, however, as it turned out one of the resistors was bad from the get go, so I had to wait for a new one to be shipped. Anyway, I finally got everything working properly, and in case I have future trouble with a resistor being bad, I installed them with electrical connectors for easy removal instead of splicing and permanently soldering them in place (all wires are crimped, soldered, and taped into the connectors).

All said, this was way more of a pain the ass than I had hoped it would be, but it was 4 years coming and had to be done. If I had to do it again, I could save myself a lot of ass pain now that I know how to do it.

Anyway, video below for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RrvI...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RrvI...e_gdata_player

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Sorry for the double post of the video, not sure how to edit it. I'm a newbie with this iPad and tapatalk crap.

Here's a second video I took without the power. When I turn the battery on at the end and activate the left signal, you can see its blinking at a fast rate which means the sequential function of the tail light isn't working. I gave the bike a good smack and it straightened up and works properly now. Loose connection somewhere maybe? I dunno, damned electrical gremlins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWZ-C...e_gdata_player

Re: 08 R1 turn signal/tail light project

Wrong section, but nice bike.

Is that the Custom LED Blaster-X tail light? The Watson flush mounts fit a little better, BTW and have built in resistors. Just incase you have to do it again. There color matched, too.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries