Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

100th Loudon Classic

100th Loudon Classic

If you guys missed it, the Classic is a full on pro race this year with a 250k purse. 55k to the winner. It's going to be off the hook. I was part of a panel discussion on it last night. You can check it out here:

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Re: 100th Loudon Classic

I was waiting for this to surface here! Considered posting it myself to be honest.

Super, super, cool. Any track improvements being made to entice bigger names to show up? Or is domestic motorycle racing at such a bad place a pay day is enough?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

My understanding is another round of patch type improvements is coming along with some minor safety upgrades, but nothing radical. This payday is enough to draw the talent. It is a safer place than it was 15 years ago, and these are 600s, not superbikes. I hope for a safe, fun, top level race.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

The buzz and excitement for road racing at loudon this summer has everyone talking in January. I think we will see some top talent put on a great show for 10's of thousands of spectators. My son is entered for the 500 superbike race (race 1 on saturday) and is looking forward to qualifing and racing in front of a big crowd and being part of the historic 100th classic

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by improvedfd; 01-18-23 at 09:22 PM.
    NEMRR #337 & 157

Not sure if you will get a lot of fans in the stands.
    Purse money will draw racers for sure and the buzz is very cool, but the track will need to step up (as they are the one that will benefit from attendance) and help with marketing and advertising the event, making camping at the track available again might bring more people in.
    Still should be one heck of a show can't wait.
    The local guys will need to step up their game and as always, the weather will be a factor.

I’m curious to see if there is spillover into other rounds. Will the people coming to race do a few more events for some practice?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    I’m curious to see if there is spillover into other rounds. Will the people coming to race do a few more events for some practice?
    i've heard rumors of a few teams coming for the first 2 rounds to get seat time for it.

my only question is if they'll add more than the one dinky bleacher for T6 finally.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Seems like since Eric and Grush took over and its not a nhms event anymore, the track has done even less. Can't even get the tower working right during a race, for christ sake.

And the re-pave/road course mods they've promised for years seem to have fallen by the waist side.

Definitely be cool to see who shows up. Get some MA talent ripping it up with local talent. That first place pay out is insane.

14 Triumph Street Triple R, 18 TM 450SMX sumo, 15 Husky 250SXF tard, 14 KTM 250SXF and Cole's Grom
    LRRS/CCS #66
    Thank you to my sponsors: Sidi / AMSOIL / Klutch Industries

Qualifying should be fun to watch.
    https://www.roadracingworld.com/news...vONEeMGi6cccB0

What a reg list! Might need to fly back for this.

They should really try to televise this. There are small companies that do it pretty successfully for US bicycle racing (which is in a similar state as US motorcycle racing). You don't need helicopters or anything. Its usually in the realm of 10s of thosands of dollars.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 01-19-23 at 02:52 PM.

Pretty fucking cool. Barring something really getting in the way I’ll definitely go spectate. Don’t think I’ll be in 10’s of thousands, may be 10’s of hundreds though

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Is the funding locked? Or is this potentially getting the rug pulled out from underneath it?

The funding is locked. I'm pretty pumped! Looks like there are about 18 top tier riders. That is going to make my goal of cracking the top 10 pretty damned tough. I will put my best program together though and I guarantee that race will be my all time best performance. I can't wait to see where I end up. I love high pressure events. And timed qualifying. This always brings out my best.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

This is really fucking cool. I'm going to do everything I can to be there. I don't think there are going to be any extra rooms at the red roof!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

What the rule about having to run the previous rou ds to enter?? Did that go away?

No rule about that. The previous rounds thing is for locals. If you ran 3 rounds last year, you get extra payout for your finishing position.

Paul_E_D

So, what's the fastest times some say 1:09s. I would go high 1:08s. if the weather is good and not to hot or rainy that's a totally doable time. With a 106 percent of that being around 1:15s would be the cut off, and that is superfast. race pace high/med 1:10s

Last edited by MUZ720; 01-19-23 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    So, what's the fastest times some say 1:09s. I would go high 1:08s. if the weather is good and not to hot or rainy that's a totally doable time. With a 106 percent of that being around 1:15s would be the cut off, and that is superfast. race pace high/med 1:10s
    I think that's not realistic. Mladin did a 109 on a superbike. These are 600s. The middleweights haven't progressed much in the last 10 years.

I think a low 10 for qualifying would be stunning, but possible. Race pace in the 11s (possible a few laps in the high 10s). 106 percent to qualify would mean a mid 14 to get a spot. I think more than 32 peole will be in the 14s, so it's going to be interesting to see who makes the cut!

Paul_E_D

well, Mladin did that 1:09 on a different configuration turn 1 2 8 11 12 are all different now. We will see, should be a superfast and close race. Weather will be key! If it rains the locals have a Hugh advantage.

Idk about 1:08. That doesn’t sound realistic (as someone who hasn’t been on bike at the track since 2017).

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Idk about 1:08. That doesn’t sound realistic (as someone who hasn’t been on bike at the track since 2017).
    well, nothing against the local fast guys but the guys showing up are just a tad faster with more money and crews behind them, given that I would think the envelop will be pushed, and how far is a guess.
    I don't know the current MWGP fast time, but I think it's in the high 1:10 range so a second or two faster is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Last edited by MUZ720; 01-19-23 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    This is really fucking cool. I'm going to do everything I can to be there. I don't think there are going to be any extra rooms at the red roof!
    Haven't been up in a while, huh?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    well, nothing against the local fast guys but the guys showing up are just a tad faster with more money and crews behind them, given that I would think the envelop will be pushed, and how far is a guess.
    I don't know the current MWGP fast time, but I think it's in the high 1:10 range so a second or two faster is not out of the realm of possibilities.
    Part of me wants you to be right. It will be wild to see a 1:08 live in person

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Haven't been up in a while, huh?
    Is it not there anymore?!

And you caught me

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast