Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

106 Race Park

106 Race Park

Awesome afternoon of racing at 106 Race Park. At least one LRRS (and NESR member) was in the mix. Seemed like a good crew this time around, the racing was fast, with lots of clean contact and rubbing, as well as some great 'no guts no glory' passes. Because of much higher turn out we switched to a qualifier - main format rather than just running dual mains, and that seemed to turn up the competitiveness of everyone.

As usual, there were a few people fighting bike issues, but that's part of racing. For the most part everyone managed to get out and at least run one GOOD race. No one person really dominated the night, just about everyone had a turn at the front. While there were some pileups, it was all lowspeed stuff with only a couple injuries.

Arcy was playing photographer, so once he and others post some pics, I'll spam the links in here.

Unfortunately the last race of the season is on the 6th, starting at 10am, so while I'd love to see more LRRS guys throw down on minis, I guess I'll have to wait till this spring to race ya on the big track instead.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

106 Race Park

Find me a good, cheap mini and I'll be there!

Or help me sort my 100...

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

106 Race Park

Unfortunately, for 106 Race Park the rules require a 12" or smaller rear tire. But I'll still help you sort the 100 if you want. : )

For a good cheap road race pitbike, find a used Honda 70, lace up a 70 rear rim to the front so you've got a 12/12 combo, and slap on a set of Dunlop TT91 100/90R12s. HD springs front and rear, and all thats left is to dial up the motor for however much power you want.

106 Race Park

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Arcy was playing photographer, so once he and others post some pics, I'll spam the links in here.
    Playing? Spam? Anyone looking to check out the mini pics they are posted on our picture page. Also added a couple new vids. Still on the DL so plan to snap a bunch this weekend at our LRRS final.. See ya this weekend..

Last edited by Pookie; 10-03-07 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling

106 Race Park

Wow, just looked over the pics Pookie... NICE FREAKING JOB with the camera! Next time I'll try to look better for ya.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

106 Race Park

that bike of your is pretty gnarly Coombs. i tried to hold my own out there but i was a little underpowered on the 107. i was in 2nd for the sportsman race but some guy dumped it in front of me on the 2nd or 3rd lap. i had no where to go but to come to a stop. 4-5 guys went by and i had to fight back. i didnt have the drive down the straight but i had cornerspeed to catch up. picked off a couple guys. worked my way up to 3rd but the guy in 2nd (whose rear wheel i was 3 inches from) nearly hi sided out of the tower turn and i checked up just to let 4th go around me when i missed the down shift. i fought back but it was too late. oh well. i had a good time. really wish the classes were better set up. cant wait for the MoM race at cycles 128.

i really need some 12" wheels and some suspension...oh...and at least a 125cc motor

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

106 Race Park

Before you chase displacement to bump the power, there's some mods you can make to 107s to wake them right up. A TB 114 kit, and having someone work the head over will have that machine running with the rest of us down the front. (As you pointed out, if you've got corner speed figured out you can abuse us straight line only speed freaks. )

Cycles 128 should rock this year. I gotta see if I can worm more info out of Daveo about the track layout, I've got perfect gearing for the old setup, rumor is there will be an indoor/concrete section so I dunno what to prep for now.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

106 Race Park

greeeeaaaat. that doesnt sound slippery at all. especially if its raining again

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports