Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Turn 1a

Re: Turn 1a

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    There's a new circle track?

If you are making reference to the 1/4 mile oval that's a bullshit argument. I bet that circle track cost almost nothing to make and brings in a decent amount of revenue. People have to remember that the track is a business and can't cater to everyone's individual needs. If the track could just throw money at every series that runs there the it would not exist and probably wouldn't be profitable. For the little revenue that LRRS racing brings to the table I am surprised that we are getting as much as we are.
    Not sure who's done your paving but I'm willing to bet that oval cost way more than "next to nothing" considering the amount of work that went into prepping that entire area for it, moving the T2 wall, reclaiming the old surface, etc.

Unless you are in close with the finacial people of LRRS, I'd like to know where the rest of your opinion is based off of. I'm assuming that, since you have knowledge of what LRRS brings in, what they are spending on a given racing series and what going price was for that oval you must know someone or have access to hard numbers.

You can choose to see it or not but the fact is, someone dumped a load of money into a racing series of unknown success rather than putting it into the safety aspect of an already-established racing series. This is only one man's opinion based on observation and what I see is a line in the wrong place, a crash zone that puts riders directly in the pit-out lane and a whole bunch of new tar that was laid down in a giant oval rather some simple and additional sections of protection for the motorcycle racers.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by butcher bergs; 04-24-11 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Not sure who's done your paving but I'm willing to bet that oval cost way more than "next to nothing" considering the amount of work that went into prepping that entire area for it, moving the T2 wall, reclaiming the old surface, etc.

Unless you are in close with the finacial people of LRRS, I'd like to know where the rest of your opinion is based off of. I'm assuming that, since you have knowledge of what LRRS brings in, what they are spending on a given racing series and what going price was for that oval you must know someone or have access to hard numbers.

You can choose to see it or not but the fact is, someone dumped a load of money into a racing series of unknown success rather than putting it into the safety aspect of an already-established racing series. This is only one man's opinion based on observation.
    The already established racing series has low attendance. The risk with putting a lot of money into something that has decreased in attendance is much greater than a new venture which in my opinion has a lower risk when considering the return. The amount of time that the track is taken up is also something to consider. We have the track for the whole weekend while the legends cars have the track for only a fraction of an afternoon.

And was there really that much paving done? All I can remember is that triangle in turn 2.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Tom is very easy to talk to and open to suggestions about how to make things safer, give him a shout if you have concerns and he will do his best to work with what he is allowed to do.

Although, i agree, something is going on with that white line, it is difficult to track down and it has been in the discussions since last year when it showed up. they aren't ignoring it at all, just finding the best way to deal with the line and make it mutually agreeable to all clubs involved is taking time.

Also, as far as the turns this weekend, Saturday SUCKED, I personally picked up over 17 bikes in turn 3 on Saturday alone (I stopped counting) but it seems like nobody seemed to notice since people expect crashes in turn 3.

Concurrently even though more people are crashing in 1A since the track changed the layout, Turn 2 crashes have become all but non-existent, Even in the rain. Turn 2 used to be one of the busiest turns to work in and not it is the easiest.

Last edited by reiobard; 04-24-11 at 08:07 PM.

I donated money I won from the raffle at the banquet to the Air Fence fund. I thought that meant the money was going directly to LRRS.

I then got a certificate in the mail saying thanks from RRW.

I would just like to have the option of donating directly to the "club" that I always thought LRRS was... I recently learned LRRS is owned by SMI.

Maybe we need to make a new club

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    The already established racing series has low attendance.
    Look back over the last couple years and ask yourself why that is. Yes, the economy plays a part but how many people have also been turned off by the changes going on at the track? I could rattle off a list off the top of my head regarding the changes that have soured the taste in the attendees mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Look back over the last couple years and ask yourself why that is. Yes, the economy plays a part but how many people have also been turned off by the changes going on at the track? I could rattle off a list off the top of my head regarding the changes that have soured the taste in the attendees mouths.
    What about spectators? I don't see any of them at our races. (unless they are a small group of family and friends)

I agree that race fees, camping fees etc from all the participants can be a good chunk of change but then pay the track insurance and other associated fees and I don't see LRRS as a big money maker.

That said, NASCRAP is popular, the track sells out every event they hold and makes millions. Bringing in the clown cars is a better money making venue than LRRS from a business sense.

I am not happy that SMI thinks 4 wheels are better than 2 but lets face it, 4 wheels pays better.

Last edited by Doc; 04-24-11 at 09:54 PM.
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Animal Hill Super Motard Champion Johnny B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I then got a certificate in the mail saying thanks from RRW.
    When you send money to the Roadracing World Action Fund, you can stipulate that your money be earmarked specifically towards buying soft barriers for Loudon. That's how we got those sections with the images of Connor LaFrance and the RRW logo on them.

Johnny B. (the other one) ®
    Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
    Super Motard Champ 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985

Visit the Rest Home: http://resthome.50megs.com

"Listen to your ass, it's giving you lots of information!" - Buddy Melges

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B View Post
    When you send money to the Roadracing World Action Fund, you can stipulate that your money be earmarked specifically towards buying soft barriers for Loudon. That's how we got those sections with the images of Connor LaFrance and the RRW logo on them.
    Thanks for the reminder Johnny. I forgot about that.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

What about spectators? I don't see any of them at our races. (unless they are a small group of family and friends)

That said, NASCRAP is popular, the track sells out every event they hold and makes millions.
    I didn't see many Legends car specific fans that weren't associated with the race teams last race weekend

Don't get me wrong, I understand that NHMS will take incremental income to make a weekend more profitable and if that is what it takes to get them to allow us to continue racing one hour from my house then I will gladly stand and watch them run the Legends cars on Saturday night. Regardless of all of this, there are things that can be done to make "the stripe" better for the motorcycles and still acceptable for the Legends cars and I believe that Tom will be making that happen.

We all have to do our part in this one. NHMS is doing their part by getting new advertising out there (they actually printed brochures specifically for LRRS) by targeting riders, but we all need to keep bringing it up to fellow riders. Even if we don't convert racers, we can at least get some people to come and check it out. Keep the "rides to the races" going, start them from other places (not just Seacoast), make it a day trip with your family, or a cheap camping alternative for the weekend...there are tons of options out there. People either don't know it exists, or they don't want to watch hooligans doing wheelies and crashing in jeans and t-shirts. The average person (yes, even many riders) doesn't have a clue what racing actually is, and it is all of our responsibility to teach them.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    I didn't see many Legends car specific fans that weren't associated with the race teams last race weekend
    Give it some time. Tough to get anyone to stand around in the cold and rain to watch anything (pro stuff excluded).
    Quote Originally Posted by mzdagrl View Post
    We all have to do our part in this one. NHMS is doing their part by getting new advertising out there (they actually printed brochures specifically for LRRS) by targeting riders, but we all need to keep bringing it up to fellow riders. Even if we don't convert racers, we can at least get some people to come and check it out. Keep the "rides to the races" going, start them from other places (not just Seacoast), make it a day trip with your family, or a cheap camping alternative for the weekend...there are tons of options out there. People either don't know it exists, or they don't want to watch hooligans doing wheelies and crashing in jeans and t-shirts. The average person (yes, even many riders) doesn't have a clue what racing actually is, and it is all of our responsibility to teach them.
    after 1 weekend racing I already have friends and coworkers that wanna come watch. All it takes it showing people one picture and a minute of talking and people seem to be interested in watching.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    Give it some time. Tough to get anyone to stand around in the cold and rain to watch anything (pro stuff excluded).

after 1 weekend racing I already have friends and coworkers that wanna come watch. All it takes it showing people one picture and a minute of talking and people seem to be interested in watching.
    I have heard this same argument for 5 years now...

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Wait till friends and coworkers see the price of entry. See how many show up.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Wait till friends and coworkers see the price of entry. See how many show up.
    already told them how much it is. but hey if they come just once that's better than never right?

Last edited by CBR929RE; 04-25-11 at 12:08 PM.

Didn't they introduce a family pack deal or something this yr?

LRRS #387

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    Didn't they introduce a family pack deal or something this yr?
    Family of four grandstand admission for $20.

Family of four grandstand admission for $20.
    That's a great price. Serious question.... does the PA work over there? Other than turn 6, I've never watched the races from outside of the infield.

Thanks,
    Fitz

The entry fee for my family to come and watch racing and get into the infield to actually see me is not an option.

$40 bucks for dad and wife to come watch me race is crazy!

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Not that I want family and friends stuck in the grandstands, but the view is awesome. You can see almost all of the track. Kinda fun to watch from there.

LRRS #387

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    That's a great price. Serious question.... does the PA work over there? Other than turn 6, I've never watched the races from outside of the infield.

Thanks,
    Fitz
    All I can say is that immediately after the next LRRS event, we're going right into the Vintage Celebration. (I'll be at the track for nine straight days.) Whoever is charged with getting the PA working correctly will be under extreme pressure to get it right, or else.....

All I can say is that immediately after the next LRRS event, we're going right into the Vintage Celebration. (I'll be at the track for nine straight days.) Whoever is charged with getting the PA working correctly will be under extreme pressure to get it right, or else.....
    Good to know. Thank you much sir.

Fitz

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

What if I started an "airfence fund" just for lrrs and the drunkathon money went to that? Maybe I can even try to work with lrrs so that any fundraising they do could go to it as well.
    The drunkathon raises about $2k (which by my understanding is about a section) each time and with lrrs involved it would raise even more.
    I'm just thinking out loud and would obviously need a sit down with the powers that be.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

What if I started an "airfence fund" just for lrrs and the drunkathon money went to that? Maybe I can even try to work with lrrs so that any fundraising they do could go to it as well.
    The drunkathon raises about $2k (which by my understanding is about a section) each time and with lrrs involved it would raise even more.
    I'm just thinking out loud and would obviously need a sit down with the powers that be.
    Not a bad idea, you come up with that on your own?

LRRS EX #165 (formerly)

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post

Sometimes you can even get others to match your funds....I have seen the Roadracing World Action Fund has do that. Either way, great idea. The track is getting more Airfence in (scheduled before the next event) and it will help extend coverage in 2 and 12 as well as to give us a chance to put a few pieces elsewhere. More is always better

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

I'm glad you're on here now. I'll try and lay some framework and maybe we can chat.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234