Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

2015 LRRS Suggestions/Feedback

Re: 2015 LRRS Suggestions/Feedback

Post 50 - Too lazy to quote the relevant posts.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Complaint in post 51 addressed

:

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    Please consider allowing racers to register with no deadline. Take my cash, radio the grid and slot me into the last open spot on the grid.

Thank you for the consideration.
    Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    Can we revisit the EJECT system as a rule? I had thought that this was a CCS thing but if it is strictly LRRS I would like to know why we are the only ones using it. Some of the new helmets out there have cheekpads which are designed to be removed by EMTs while the helmet is still worn. With those out, the helmet just comes right off which makes the EJECT system unnecessary.
    It never had a use. Time to move on from it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gobendergo View Post
    Attachment 43492A club I am joining (we are moving) out in Oregon actually attends industry shows to promote their series. According to their facebook post, (yes - they use facebook for promotions) "They gave out over 700 posters & almost 2000 schedule cards" over the course of one weekend.
    That's Andy Debrino - he does a good job marketing.

CMP racing will be at the DCU center on 11/14 and 11/15 doing the same. If a schedule for LRRS 2016 is finalized - please pass on to me, we'll print and handout along with posters. Last year we gave out a few hundred posters.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodcraft View Post
    Program or Flyer - It is something that would be GREAT! It is, however, a ton of work and someone needs to do it. Volunteers?
    Didn't someone attempt to get info from NHMS marketing on whether this was okay and was shot down? I want to get the word out as much as the next guy, but if NHMS is saying no, then I wouldn't want to make them our enemy.

LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    Please consider allowing racers to register with no deadline. Take my cash, radio the grid and slot me into the last open spot on the grid.

Thank you for the consideration.
    So there are 3 or 4 people that have replied that they like this idea. How would that not turn into 3-4 people signing up last minute and messing up the grid. Think if you're in the first wave, and the last row is already full. Now wave 2 has to be moved, then row(wave) 3.

So now all those people who signed up on time have to move/walk back to check the grid because a few people wanted to wait and see how they felt.

Nope, I like the dead line and I love that I can do it from home...its even more fun when I do it from work!

Last edited by timmyho414; 11-03-15 at 10:02 AM.
    Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

Quote Originally Posted by timmyho414 View Post
    So there are 3 or 4 people that have replied that they like this idea. How would that not turn into 3-4 people signing up last minute and messing up the grid. Think if you're in the first wave, and the last row is already full. Now wave 2 has to be moved, then row(wave) 3.

So now all those people who signed up on time have to move/walk back to check the grid because a few people wanted to wait and see how they felt.

Nope, I like the dead line and I love that I can do it from home...its even more fun when I do it from work!
    A few empty rows between waves is no big deal.

More cash in our club's coffers is always good as is more racers on the grid.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Again let's take a look at CCS and how simple it really is to leave two empty rows between waves if you need to add people.
    It's usually people who wanna get an extra race in or race someone else's bike.
    It's really not messing anything. You legit pencil them in the back of the grid.
    Nobody said remove the old system; you can still register from home or work but if I wanna try racing a 300 and don't wanna ride it in the rain or if I just fixed my bike after a crash but none of my competitive races are available why shouldn't I be able to jump in whatever race is left to do some testing?

Pretty much shut up and take my money = revenue for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Again let's take a look at CCS and how simple it really is to leave two empty rows between waves if you need to add people.
    Playing the devil's advocate here. I start in the front row for expert P-89. Wave 3. I was gridded beyond the last set of starting blocks this year (row 16 I think). The rest of the expert field and "all" the amateurs are behind me somewhere. If you add four more empty rows in front of us we'll need another set of lights so we can see them from turn 11.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Playing the devil's advocate here. I start in the front row for expert P-89. Wave 3. I was gridded beyond the last set of starting blocks this year (row 16 I think). The rest of the expert field and "all" the amateurs are behind me somewhere. If you add four more empty rows in front of us we'll need another set of lights so we can see them from turn 11.
    I mentioned earlier that CCS does NOT pile 3-4 classes into one race like we do.

The LW grids in LRRS had more entries than the MWs the last two years. It doesn't make sense to have P89 take place with LWGP IMO.

There are races that can allow movement and not have 3-4 waves in one race.

They've already been playing around with only one practice round some days... how much more do you want to loose just to be able to not plan ahead?

We have more classes than CCS by virtue of having a third tier of racers, Novice. We're also sharing the track with Legends cars. That means we're cramming more actual races into a weekend than CCS does, and I don't want to see LRRS toss the current Novice structure to try and spread things out as it seems to be working. Legends cars aren't going away either, to be blunt LRRS will be booted before they are so don't even start to go there.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

change the years for Ultralight Superbike
    this section in particular "Four cylinder, liquid cooled, 1987 to 1992 modelyear, up to 500cc"
    I have a 1995 400cc liquid cooled 4 cylinder but according to the 2015 rules it has to go up against SVs. I don't really think that's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    They've already been playing around with only one practice round some days...
    This reminds me ... I'm not a fan of the Sunday "one practice" format and, for what its worth, would like to have the two practice session format (8min/12min) back for both days.

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    change the years for Ultralight Superbike
    this section in particular "Four cylinder, liquid cooled, 1987 to 1992 modelyear, up to 500cc"
    I have a 1995 400cc liquid cooled 4 cylinder but according to the 2015 rules it has to go up against SVs. I don't really think that's fair.
    In CCS we have to go up against SVs anyways... I won't protest ya.

My bad I thought we were offering solutions/suggestions, I didn't know we were going to repeat the same crap over and over again and just complain

It is, my suggestion is we not chop yet more out of the schedule because some people can't be bothered to plan ahead.

Ok then keep pushing people away from the series and our entry numbers low.
    Then you can eventually cry why the series died or why we are not important to nhms because we don't generated enough revenue.

dude, low? were you around in 2010?

my unofficial observation is that the numbers are lot better then a few years ago.

Tim
    LRRS #44
    Superbike Services 44

I've been as a spectator 3 times in the last few years. Attendance appeared light to me

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    I've been as a spectator 3 times in the last few years. Attendance appeared light to me
    We're down compared to 08/09 for sure, but based on the past couple years I think we've cleared the low point are are back on the way up finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    We're down compared to 08/09 for sure, but based on the past couple years I think we've cleared the low point are are back on the way up finally.
    Yep. I don't know the official numbers, but I've gone to almost every round the last 4 years and its definitely on the increase.

I know this gets asked every year, but if you want more people to come (and I mean spectators, not racers), lower the entry free. I know plenty of people who only come to 1 round, or none because they don't want to spend the $25 on top of making the long ass drive.

LRRS AM#721 / RSP Racing / MTAG Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear
    2003 Honda CBR600RR / 2009 Kawasaki ER6N / 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

dude, low? were you around in 2010?

my unofficial observation is that the numbers are lot better then a few years ago.
    No but I was at summit, jersey, Daytona and heard VIR had 1000ish entries almost every weekend

Garage #17 Race Team ThunderCycle's Avatar

An uber-garage system. Because of schedule conflicts last year there were times my garage was empty. A waste of time and space when there were guys in the infield freezing or getting rained on. It would be nice if we had a web site that said, "I've got a space this weekend" or "I need a space this weekend." (Maybe a semi organized facebook or nesr post.) It might be a nice way to meet new people. Of course the fear is you get a jerk for the weekend. Make it a flat rate. Maybe $50/day? Thoughts?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCycle View Post
    An uber-garage system. Because of schedule conflicts last year there were times my garage was empty. A waste of time and space when there were guys in the infield freezing or getting rained on. It would be nice if we had a web site that said, "I've got a space this weekend" or "I need a space this weekend." (Maybe a semi organized facebook or nesr post.) It might be a nice way to meet new people. Of course the fear is you get a jerk for the weekend. Make it a flat rate. Maybe $50/day? Thoughts?
    Great idea. But we already have that in the LRRS Facebook page. It just needs to be utilized for that.

Ban Noel.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

What is it that you have? I don't think that rule was meant to exclude anything, but perhaps just stopped at 1992 because there was nothing commonly available anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm referring to the earlier post regarding the 1995 400 4 cylinder.