Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

#519 rookie race/race report

#519 rookie race/race report

so i dont post much around these parts, but had such a blast i figured id share and thank everyone here that lent me a helping hand over the weekend.

Thursday/Friday..

ok so i arrive very late on thursday and got settled in for the evening. Friday morning my nerves and anxiety start to kick in as they call to begin penguin into the class room. Class went well felt pretty good in my first practice,felt very "track day" like. Then it clicked on my second practice......"hey stupid your going to be racing" and proceed to push and make plenty of passes that you cant do during track days . After 4 practice sessions my lap times are around a consistint 1:30:00 or so. I was getting a wiggle from the front end and couldnt figure it out. It turned out i was cold tearing my front and that my tires from last year were spent heat cycle wise. So got a new pair of sneakers(dragons)

Saterday...

Morning practice went great new tires + warmers= OMG im in love. Theres nothing like turn 1 at full speed off the drop. Lap times are about the same as friday practice very consistint. Sometime around 11:00 or so pegiun ends (class) i got so over excited i miss heard Steve nogiera the instructor thought he said go get ready and head out i got suited up and headed for the pre stage.....yeah he really said at 12:00 head for pregrid........dumbass. Ohwell 12:00 rookie race im a barrel of nerves and wanna race soooo bad im litterly shaking, Kutrz was laughing and telling me to stay calm(yeah right). So we grid up after warm up, wait for it......wait for it.......GREEN....WOOHOO what a friggin adreniline rush i shoot right up within 5 bikes or so from the front and begin to work and i ended up finishing 2nd and completed all 3 laps and wasnt that guy(sorry keith had to). I am now a licsensed racer. And i ended up pulling a 1:28:74 or so for my best lap time

Race 8 saterday NV Thunderbike

I started in the back on the second wave no worries i was nervous being my first race and all. The start went ok ended up in the lower half of the pack. I started working and made good head way and began to pick up speed and made some good passes and began to dice it up with an M900ss riders name is Jane (cant remeber whole name or number) shes a good rider and ends up taking me back 2nd to last lap and holds me out of the top 3 and i finish 4th im stoked....and i pulled 28's most of the race

Race 10 saterday NV LWSB

The race ive been waiting for. I get to grid up with Kurtz, and Noel. Off the start i get an awsome launch right up the middle of row A,B and fly to the front pack. After a couple of laps i thinkl im in 4th place and im dicing it up with a motard and hes giving me a run for my money finally get passed him #501 brian poole then he takes me back and staves me off and i cant make it passed again despite my best efforts. Come to find out hes not even in my group and i pulled 2nd place WOOHOO.....first poduim and i ran consistant 28's again and dropped a second and ran a 27

Sunday

Moring practice fells great im ready to roll. After practice comes the long wait to race 10 so i watch plenty of races before hand, cheering on Jamie(saxman), Mike (from gmd), chris(ceo), and others

Race 10 sunday NV LWSS

I get a great grid spot 2E and the green flag waves and i completely blow the start thanks to nerves most of the pack goes by me..... so in true crazyirish form i begin to ride like a maniac and do some of the fastest, dumbest and wildest riding ive ever done, and make up huge time and quickly find myself in 2nd place ever so slowly creeping on the leader when WTF is that next to me??? Its an orange sv NOOOO he exploted my weakness of exiting the bowl and passes me on the ouside6/inside of 7 and he goes into the ruff and his bike begind to tank slap pretyy hard(like a drunk redneck in a trailor park) and i think i held him off till we enter 9 and it turned out he was just out of my perrifrial vision and he was there the whole time(good save ryan). After that i tryed and tryed along with almost binning it in 12 but to no avail i couldnt take 2nd back and settle for 3rd. Now my goal for lap times were to get into the 26's. So after the race i head over to look a time and HUH what the.....who the.....how the.....hey kurtz is that right??? I set the not only the fastest lap for the race but i pulled a 1:24:061 heck yeah im so pumped it felt so good to see that iwas very proud of myself for that.

In closeing thank you to anyone and everyone who made this weekend possible. Begging with my teamate Mike thanks for everything you were a big help. Jonny rocket thank you for letting us borrow you generator your the man. Jim(traize) for letting me us your tire warmers. A Big thank you to the guys over at boston motto Derek, Denno, Scotty, for allyour help with tires, data sheets, and suspenion. Bj, Geno, and Gram for your imput and advise. And Jim and Jay i cannot thank you guys enough for all the halp you gave me and kurtz in the pit you guys dont know how much that ment to me and i appreciate it very much you guys make me proud to have you as friends.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: #519 rookie race/race report

Congrats on the successful weekend.

You do know there's no turning back, right?

awesome write up, 'grats on one helluva first weekend

nice job dude, good times

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Congratulations Brian!

You and I are going to have one hell of a season on these SVs!

This is going to be a fun year.

Fitz

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

You looked like you were running 24's out there. Keep it up. 22's are just aroud the corner.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Edit your signature, fucker!

Good job last weekend, can't wait to see what you do this coming weekend.

Congrats. Are you on an SV?

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Congrats. Are you on an SV?
    Ya hes on an 2nd gen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    Edit your signature, fucker!
    FIX YOURS! fucker!

Last edited by catahoulabuldog; 05-04-09 at 11:36 AM.

Isnt crazy Irish a little redundant?

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.