Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Numbers...

Numbers...

No luck searchnig... well.. unless I was searching for Denno's phone number.. that popped up everywhere...

I was curious how this race numbering scheme works for the first weekend. Assuming I show up on the 8th for squid school and pass, I then apply on Saturday morning for a race license right? lrrsracing has a three page form on their site (although I think it's from 2007 - anyone know if substantial changes were made?) that says to pick your top three number choices. Other than farming through the results for a free digit, how do I know what numbers are reserved and which ones are not?

Lastly, do these numbers need to be on the my bike/helmet for the rookie race, and does anyone cut them at the track?

Thanks,
    Fitz

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    No luck searchnig... well.. unless I was searching for Denno's phone number.. that popped up everywhere...

I was curious how this race numbering scheme works for the first weekend. Assuming I show up on the 8th for squid school and pass, I then apply on Saturday morning for a race license right? lrrsracing has a three page form on their site (although I think it's from 2007 - anyone know if substantial changes were made?) that says to pick your top three number choices. Other than farming through the results for a free digit, how do I know what numbers are reserved and which ones are not?

Lastly, do these numbers need to be on the my bike/helmet for the rookie race, and does anyone cut them at the track?

Thanks,
    Fitz
    Once you have your penguin card you can get a race license, they'll have a list at the registration window of the numbers that will be available. Youre bike will need to pass tech for the rookie race, as well as your helmet and numbers need to be on both to pass tech. Street and comp sell numbers at the track.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

On the lrrs website there is a link on the right with assigned numbers. Once you are there, go to edit on your browser and click "fond on this page. You can then search for whatever number and see if it is there. Street and comp numbers, vinyls, transponder mounts... everything you need.

After penguin you go up to the reg booth either fri evening or sat morn to hand in all you paper work/ get signed up for races...exept the rook race. you sign up at the penguin garage for that.

You do need a number for the rook race on your helmet and bike. I just used a piece of duct tape and a sharpie on my helmet for the first week.

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

Quote Originally Posted by CMG241 View Post
    and don't crash during sat am practice 1 hour before rookie race....it really takes the wind out of your sale.
    or during the rookie race for thaty matter. think of it as rookie practice because you only win if you take the checkered

Supa Motarded! If you see me backin it in, keep watching...Im about to crash

Zip Tie Alley #237

Quote Originally Posted by CMG241 View Post
    you need to have a fluid tight belly pan
    Depends on the bike

Zip Tie Alley #505

Thanks folks. Exactly what I was looking to find out plus bonus material.

No worries about crashing in the rookie race. I have no plans to be "that guy." Smooth and easy.. I need to work on Monday mornings...

Thanks,
    Fitz

Thanks folks. Exactly what I was looking to find out plus bonus material.

No worries about crashing in the rookie race. I have no plans to be "that guy." Smooth and easy.. I need to work on Monday mornings...

Thanks,
    Fitz
    yeah, nobody ever plans on being that guy...but every weekend there he is right there in the boulder pit outside the bowl, or flying through the air in turn 10 on his out lap for practice

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Weasel View Post
    yeah, nobody ever plans on being that guy...but every weekend there he is right there in the boulder pit outside the bowl, or flying through the air in turn 10 on his out lap for practice
    The tire wall in 3 usually racks up a that guy or two as well

Zip Tie Alley #505

My spontanious close inspection of the bolder pit made me think "wow, this isn't like the tracks on TV".

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

Fitz
    outta nowhere fitz!

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

Quote Originally Posted by eboos View Post
    My spontanious close inspection of the bolder pit made me think "wow, this isn't like the tracks on TV".
    it looks softer from a distance. than you slide in there, and it's like "who the fuck left all these softball sized rocks everywhere?"

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Don't forget about T1a this year..... H.S.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Weasel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    The tire wall in 3 usually racks up a that guy or two as well
    Quote Originally Posted by eboos View Post
    Case in point.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Heh... all this talk of softball sized boulders and tire walls will probably result in me taking turn 3 at ~15mph and then dismounting and walking her through the bowl. It'll be real easy to pick me out in the rookie race then..... I wonder if I'll still pass if I'm running beside the bike... I kid.. I kid...

I am glad that I'll be able to see the track on two wheels prior to squid school though.

Fitz

Heh... all this talk of softball sized boulders and tire walls will probably result in me taking turn 3 at ~15mph
    fuck that, i ran the buell wide in turn 3 trying to out brake a 125 in my rookie race. two wheels in the air, over the curb into the beach....still finished rubber side down and rolling. passed the class with flying colors.

those people watching from the bleachers paid darn good money and i felt obligated to make it worth thier while.

-------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Honclfibr View Post
    As usual, your post displays a complete lacking in any fucking idea what you're talking about.

Hey, at least you're consistent.