Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

65mm axial caliper

65mm axial caliper

Wondering if anybody has some axial mount calipers lying around. Looking to throw one on my motard while I save up some cash for a Beringer setup. Just has to be left side with 65mm center to center mounting (mid 90's to early 2000's sportbike) looking to spend about 50-60 bucks.
    Thanks,
    Dan

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "When there's a gap you either commit yourself as a professional racing driver that is designed to win races or you come second or you come third or come fifth, and I'm not designed to come third, fourth, or fifth. I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver."
    Ayrton Senna

Re: 65mm axial caliper

What are you using for a m/c?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

im going to see how my factory 450 MC feels. IK a streetbike one pushing a single caliper will be way to stiff but the KX is really stiff with the stock 2 piston so im hoping going to a 4 piston softens it up and gives it some feel.

"When there's a gap you either commit yourself as a professional racing driver that is designed to win races or you come second or you come third or come fifth, and I'm not designed to come third, fourth, or fifth. I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver."
    Ayrton Senna

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Don't forget that some calipers from normal street bikes may not clear the spokes on a motard that well. I know my Brembo has a different back half of the caliper body to prevent it from rubbing the spokes.

One of the asphalt flat track guys at Loudon last race weekend had an interesting ride into the tire wall because his spokes had rubbed through the back of the caliper and when he grabbed the front brake heading into turn 1 he had nothing. That had to have been a scary feeling.

Are you thinking just because the mounts are 65mm apart, it will fit your wheel/rotor?

I think you should be prepared to have a custom bracket made at the least... What size Rotor are you using? Joel speaks truth, but depending on caliper, you could always machine down interfering parts with a mill.

I am going to try and FAB a bracket for an R6 caliper on a YZ450 w/ 320mm rotor.

I'm fully aware that I may have clearance issues and will need to fab up a bracket. I'm running a 320 rotor. I was hoping to find a r6 caliber as they are thinnest although I'm sure a gsxr or cbr caliber will fit with a small amount of milling to caliper.

Ayrton Senna

Bullshit meter pegged scottfromboston's Avatar

When I was looking around at better calipers for my DRZ, I found someone that had fabbed up a pretty slick solution for a radial mount sportbike caliper using only angle iron, grinding, drilling, and hardware.

I'll see if I can dig the Thumpertalk thread up.

~Scott
    2020 SMC-R

Bullshit meter pegged scottfromboston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottfromboston View Post
    When I was looking around at better calipers for my DRZ, I found someone that had fabbed up a pretty slick solution for a radial mount sportbike caliper using only angle iron, grinding, drilling, and hardware.

I'll see if I can dig the Thumpertalk thread up.
    http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...54&postcount=4

~Scott
    2020 SMC-R

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyf View Post
    I'm fully aware that I may have clearance issues and will need to fab up a bracket. I'm running a 320 rotor. I was hoping to find a r6 caliber as they are thinnest although I'm sure a gsxr or cbr caliber will fit with a small amount of milling to caliper.
    If you're going to fab a bracket, why does it matter if it's 65mm or 40mm?

Also, I don't think yamaha R6 ever came with axial 4 piston calipers.

Is it axial or radial you're looking for?

With that said, you should find axial mount calipers are fairly inexpensive on ebay.