Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

923 report

923 report

Everyone else reported so I figured I would too.

Got to the BostonMoto trackday on Wed and bought a new set of Perilli sneakers, had them on before 9, ran the whole day.

Got back on Friday and did the Penguin beginner class all day Friday with another noob (m718), wired the bike Friday night, registered and got numbers on Sat morning. Elected to skip practice since it was wet and the weather said it would be dry by race time, plus I was pretty tired from the previous few days.

Ran the rookie race and was determined not to crash, which I did not, but was shocked at how fast everyone took off considering that a crash seemed to mean that you would not get the license.

Ran race 3, novice GTU, and was determined not to get blown off the line this time. Started in 5 d in a full grid, and noticed that from there you could not see the 1 board or the flag. I seemed to get a pretty good start because I was able to pass quite a few guys going into one, I settled behind 301 ( who was nice enough to sub let his garage space to two noobs for the weekend, thank you ) for two laps when as I was approacing 8 I saw a 600 with no rider on it up very high in the air, when I got to 9 people were going all kinds of wide. Settled back in two behind 301 for lap three and was passed during the waving yellow at 8, that kind of freaked me out since I thought you were not supposed to do that. In any event turn 9 was clean. Backed off by pace a bit after that and was passed a few times during lap four. Then on lap five it seemed I lost at least half my breaks going into one, it was bad enough that I was thinking about taking it up Nascar oval but somehow I slowed down enough to make one wide and scrubbed enough speed to get through 1a and 2 off line, I was pretty worried about 3 so I ran in a little slower and seemed to make it, the brakes just did not seem to work. I ran a lap and was in the apex of 2 thinking hard about coming in when I heard a bike go down hard behind me, and that red flagged the race.

When I got in I took my pads out and they were blue, glazed over. They are brand new EBC HH that have two track days and two races on them, I got all sorts of info from the Penguin guys about how to fix this. But still that made T1 interesting, I don't think I need to live that again.

Many thanks go out to many people (seth399 on here) BostonMoto, Penguin, StreetandComp, 718, 301, dm, sf and so on.

p

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: 923 report

right on man, which bike were you on? Glad you made it through your first weekend

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Yellow and black f4, Matt and I pitted next to you on BostonMoto Wed.

Quote Originally Posted by ultraTwist View Post
    Yellow and black f4, Matt and I pitted next to you on BostonMoto Wed.
    sweet, ya was going to ask if you were the yellow f4. Coming back up for august race?

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Quote Originally Posted by seth399 View Post
    sweet, ya was going to ask if you were the yellow f4. Coming back up for august race?
    Nope, but there is a good chance I can make the Sept 5/6 dates.

Good stuff man! I hope I might be able to get involved next year.