Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Advertising the races...

Re: Advertising the races...

Doc I agree on the keeping things simple . The thing is I also think all of this is simple LOL. If they can get 1 vendor or dealership there then that process is already in place. If the process is in place it's easy to rinse and repeat. We have two months to get processes down. I will spend some time emailing tonight to get info we need to get the ball rolling. U guys need to rent a bouncy castle this year. That will ads to the environment and YouTube videos LOL.

As for the post about a13x I know he has marketing experience probably more than I do but he can't argue with the theory of brand promotion. With that said... Last year races were the only ones there to promote to hahah this will change

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Add me on LinkedIN
    Buying or selling a car? Free listings - FeaturedCars.com

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)
    88 YSR50 (Street Hilarity)

Bouncy castle!!!

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Heres a quick draft i worked up. Not sure if someone that is more of a designer wants to take this and run with it. Im waiting to hear back on a bunch of emails i sent out for info and potential cross promo offers and for info on the events.

I threw a track map on there but we can take that out, I was hoping we could have a coupon for $5 off or something but I need to wait to see if thats something we can do etc. But anyones thoughts or suggestions? Oh and I went Legal size just to get more on the paper, I am also waiting on pricing for fliers in a couple sizes.

Full size PDF
    http://www.ncrelist.com/LRRS/LRRS-draft.pdf

-Lou

Add me on LinkedIN

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)

I like the draft. You may want to have someone spell check it for you before it gets finalized, though....entrance only has 2 "e"s in it Good job, lou!

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

I am still looking for other pricing options but this is what i found so far. Its for 8.5x11 but can do double sided for not a lot of money so I think that would work out better.

This is 4:4 full color, glossy, on 100lb stock with a 3 day turn around.

qty single double
    1000 $189.95 $229.95
    2000 $239.95 $279.95
    3000 $279.95 $309.95
    4000 $309.95 $329.95
    5000 $318.95 $359.95
    6000 $399.95 $429.95
    7000 $469.95 $499.95
    8000 $509.95 $539.95
    9000 $578.95 $608.95
    10,000 $692.95 $722.95

We shouldnt have any trouble getting the cost of printing covered by "Fans of the LRRS" in exchange for cross promotion of their logo and website address, could be most of the back side of the sheet. IE. "5 Fans of" paying $100-200 each per 5000 pages printer/distributed. Gives us enough to pay for everything and have a couple options with extra to do other things. Everything that comes in $ wise goes back into the cause. At the end of the year anything extra can go towards one of the funds?

Any thoughts?

Add me on LinkedIN

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)

Just make a file and people can bring it to their local Staples if the want to print some out. Give the file to Eric Wood as well and maybe he would have some made so the racers can get them at the racer meeting to hand out/ post when they get home.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

We are asking people to take time out of their day and to post them / bring them places to staple them up. There is no reason to then say heres a file go to staples and pay whatever to get them printed. Its just as easy to just get them made up and paid for by advertising and distribute. I have no problem with working on that and I think it will go a lot better.

edit: even if its only 5 or 10$ its the inconvenience factor that will result in it not working as well

Last edited by Loun; 01-31-09 at 11:20 AM.
    Add me on LinkedIN

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)

But who are you going to get to pay for them?

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Doc, thats what the "fans of the LRRS" section is for. Basically I am going to pitch this to companies that have a vested interest in the road racing up there, or just people that want to advertise to the motorcycle community. For example, Owens, GMD, woodcraft, dealerships if need be, even track day guys. Basically it will be pitched with the back story of trying to get more people to the races to help solidify the series place at the track but also in a more business sense. For $100 or $150 bucks they are getting their, logo, name, and website address printed on 5000 color fliers and then distributed to people who either race, ride, or otherwise have an interest in the sport.

$100 to $150 is cheap to have 5000+ fliers distributed to your actual target audience... Id prefer to lay off the dealerships if we can so that they are more willing to let us post these at their place so it wont have a competitors advert on it. But I know I can make it happen to at least pay for itself that way. We just need a better finalized design with room for "fans of" I wouldnt advertise them as sponsors of the LRRS because this is in itself separate from the LRRS.

But there is no doubt in my mind that I can make this happen. Worst case scenario you work on winning another 50/50 and I know where half of that can go :p seriously though, we should be good with this.. just need to write it up better. I will work on that. More thoughts on the flier please, what else should we add? we will have the back side of it, Id like to put more racing photos on it, maybe some good racing, maybe a cool crash pic? I can contact owens and see if he is willing to let us use a couple pics with a credit on it if we cant come up with our own from here.

Add me on LinkedIN

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)

Great ideas... I just wonder if Eric's and LRRS's plan is the same type of thing and by doing this we are recreating the wheel they are working on constructing.

A "Friends of LRRS" association is a cool idea though and if it was in exsistance when I got lucky I would have donated to that. (easy come easy go)

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

when I got lucky
    I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut at some point

I talked to Eric the other day and he said that he would get some answers to my questions but I had to be patient that it might take a month or two to get the answers.. so I will just work on things alone with this for now. If they are already working on getting a "friends of" together then some of the people i contact will either tell me or we can just merge it later.

Im also in contact with Steve Asplunhd (sp) who is being helpful and forwarded some info over to track management for me from what he said. We will get this done, but really just need to get all our ideas together so we have something to actually present to them.

What other ideas do you have? Can someone help me with a list of dealerships? Motorcycle "shops", and anyone else they can think of that we can drop fliers off at that are "in the industry".

Add me on LinkedIN

Bikes:
    07 GSXR 750 (Street)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567