Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

ATTENTION IN THE HADDOCK!!! - Breaking News!

Re: ATTENTION IN THE HADDOCK!!! - Breaking News!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    I can't imagine that it would be 200cc's stronger...
    EFI and custom porting, I think oil injection too... I'd bet it can hang with a stock Maico no problemo.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

We=lrrs
    You are not part of lrrs anymore.

You go now.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs313 View Post
    Just wait until you try to drag race him out of 3 or 12. Shane and I came through 3 and he hit the throttle about the same time I did. He left me like I was tied to a post.
    Not a post just slow.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    EFI and custom porting, I think oil injection too... I'd bet it can hang with a stock Maico no problemo.
    stock yes....but who races a stock bike?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

i think my heart just skipped a beat reading this. i need more hours in the week to work right now....

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

This sounds like the motard race they had a few years ago during the Loudon Classic. They had a dirt section over by Turn 6 and they had 2 jumps if I remember correctly, one over by the bowl in the dirt and one ramp on the front straight. It was cool, I thought it was a good idea.

Chris
    LRRS Expert #160

Lifer

I have read that the Maico 700's are actually very mellow, but that was a few years ago. I do not know much about the newer ones, other than their whole line up look great. They provide individual dyno graphs with each bike/motor.

Lifer

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT. THE ONE YEAR I WONT BE AT LOUDON. FUCKING HELL, I HATE YOU ALL.

Who wants to sponsor me for the weekend?

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

A great change an d something to look forward to. But this was sent out to the elite at LRRS: Bashing is welcome but a MAJOR concern nonetheless Feel free to start it in a new post

Eric Wood/Don Hutchinson/LRRS

We send this email not as a disrespect to you or the community, but only as a note to safety and educated decisions. We were recently informed that certain riders have been officially bumped up from novice to amateur class for the 2011 LRRS season. In an attempt to alleviate the novice class (seems the direction you are heading in with bare minimum novice races) you have bumped up a good portion of the novice class to amateur class. It is understandable that it would be in our best interest to have only amateur and expert classes since this is how the majority, if not all, of other road racing organizations work. However, it's our believe as well as other racers ( novice, amateur, and expert) we have spoken with about the changes that the LRRS officials are making a very bad decision with mixing riders that are far too inexperienced to run in races with experts and amateurs. If was never allowed to let novice riders run “practice sessions “ with amateur and expert riders, but now we are moving in the direction of letting them race together!? You are waiting for a disaster to happen. Even though the races are in different waves, who thinks it’s a good idea to have experts running 1:12’s with other riders running as slow as 1:26? Do you as a educated and respected road racer believe this is a good decision? We do not believe a limited experience novice rider should be sharing the track with experts like Narbonne, Hildebrand, Cronin, Greenwood along with the other elite racers at Loudon. Do the top experts really want to race along with much slower novice riders during their races? Are you trying to slow down your lap times? We had much heartfelt sadness last year with the loss of Morgan Rose and the massive injuries suffered by Chris. We all know the risks we take while road racing and accidents are inevitable, but why take a greater risk at more injuries or deaths by mixing riders of vastly large experiences on the track at the same time? We believe that the novice class should be geared only to riders just completing the Penguin roadracing school and be carefully monitored for performance before being advanced to ride with faster and more aggressive riders. The reasoning behind advancement has always been a sore topic within the community. It should be based on lap times not the amount of races completed and position. Is it feasible to bump a novice up to amateur after ten completed race that may have contained only 3 riders in the ten races? We have expert riders running lap times in the mid 20’s. This make no sense. Now it has been decided to review the lap times and advance novices to amateur because of the lap times? Why was this not a priority in the past? The cutoff times for advancement now is low 20’s yet one novice rider was advanced with a best lap time of 1:26. If the novice advancement stands, It would be in the best interest of safety and rider participation to separate amateur and expert riders. Although looking at the schedule it may double the race schedule a combination of the following may bring the schedule back to reality.

1. Keep expert races separate
    2. Review history of races and combine historically low entry races ( assuming respectable times) into a additional waves within other races
    3. Combine races that are nearly identical except for negligible differences in Heavyweight , Middleweight, Lightweight, Unlimited
    4. Eliminate GTO, GTL, GTU

These are just a few suggestions, but carefully scrutiny by the LRRS community would certainly bring the schedule that would fit into everyone’s interest and at the same time provide for responsible decisions and rider safety. If the economy wasn’t bad enough to lose participants this year you are preparing to lose many more riders to this very bad decision. Once again this letter is not sent for disrespect but to point out some major issues that need extreme attention.

Concerned LRRS racers.

I'd love to know who the "concerned LRRS racers" are.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

So, where's the cheapest possible place to pick up a used set of SuMo wheels that'll fit an '03 YZ450F?

Supermotojunkie.com

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by "Dangerous" Dan K View Post
    So, where's the cheapest possible place to pick up a used set of SuMo wheels that'll fit an '03 YZ450F?
    Avoid East Coast Wheels! Horrible customer service.

CCS/LRRS/NEMM AM #205 (Inactive)

You're going to need to upgrade the front brake before you worry about 17s I'd say. Motostrano's got some cheap kits with wheels (Warp 9) plus brakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Supermotojunkie.com
    Quote Originally Posted by eboos View Post
    Avoid East Coast Wheels! Horrible customer service.
    You're going to need to upgrade the front brake before you worry about 17s I'd say. Motostrano's got some cheap kits with wheels (Warp 9) plus brakes?
    Thanks for the leads. Kurlon, this is for a 1 day deal. My first, and probably only ever day on a tard. I just want to try dirt tracking and jumping at Loudon when I'm supposed to, on a bike made for it. If I can find a cheap used set, I'm thinking about buying them for AJ as a "rent your bike for a day and beat the ever loving shit out of it" fee. We have plenty of brake calipers and masters here, so as long as it'll take a decent sized front rotor I'm set. Not looking to set any lap records. After that, they just stay in the basement in case he (or I) feel like throwing them on and taking the thing out for a street rip. If I were looking for something that'd be getting serious race time I wouldn't be thinking "as cheap as possible".

Thanks for the leads. Kurlon, this is for a 1 day deal. My first, and probably only ever day on a tard. I just want to try dirt tracking and jumping at Loudon when I'm supposed to, on a bike made for it. If I can find a cheap used set, I'm thinking about buying them for AJ as a "rent your bike for a day and beat the ever loving shit out of it" fee. We have plenty of brake calipers and masters here, so as long as it'll take a decent sized front rotor I'm set. Not looking to set any lap records. After that, they just stay in the basement in case he (or I) feel like throwing them on and taking the thing out for a street rip. If I were looking for something that'd be getting serious race time I wouldn't be thinking "as cheap as possible".
    In that case, fack 17s, slip some sportsman rubber on there and rip it up!

I hate you all

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I hate you all
    I'll sponsor you by riding your RM in the race for you?

BULLSHIT! you'll have forgotten all about that silly popsicle after racing a turd.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

BULLSHIT! you'll have forgotten all about that silly popsicle after racing a turd.
    It's not my tard, and after seeing what's involved in keeping wunna them things running I'm pretty sure I'm all set.

Oh, you mean I'd be better off sidelined because the rebuild on my turd would cost as much as 2 ready to race EX's? I'd rather race the popsicle than watch because my tard is blowed up.

Oh, you mean I'd be better off sidelined because the rebuild on my turd would cost as much as 2 ready to race EX's? I'd rather race the popsicle than watch because my tard is blowed up.
    Heh, you can't use the costs I was quoting unless you jump to team Orange. If you stick with team Green, Red, Blue or Yellow it's FAR cheaper up front. My costs were coming from re-engineering the Kaboom so it'd never fail again, EVAR!

he's talking to me. touche dankey, touche...

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast