Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

ATTENTION IN THE HADDOCK! - NHMS Improvements

Re: ATTENTION IN THE HADDOCK! - NHMS Improvements

Looks great. T8/T9 looks completely different with the runoff area opened up like that.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

The new curbing is pitched and tapered (tough to see in the pics). Knee pucks will skip along nicely, no more chance of hooking a puck on the broken asphalt type curb that was there before.

You can see a boom lift that we're using until the new, cantilevered tree house is built. A structural engineer is checking over the plans for the new tree house now. A little track trivia for everyone,,,the base and quite a bit of the new tree house will be built from parts of the old scoring tower. A little history going to live on.

There's about an additional 20' of run off where the turn 8 gravel trap is and at least that much on the turn 4 side due to the elimination of the ambulance station and the trees. The pics do show the huge amounts of extra run off there now is in turns 7, 8 and riders right entering turn 9. The Track Bond used to ease the transitions in turns 3 & 4 and 9 & 10 have held up and are working well.

Over the next two weeks we'll be jacking up the Safer Walls to weld and mount attachment points for the lower straps of the Airfence sections.

The sound engineer has been working on site to repair and improve the PA system. The restaurant has received a facelift and the Smoke Shack has signed on to run it for the season......on and on and on...

The amount of work going on to improve EVERYTHING is staggering. It's really been a blast so far this season. There is a real sense of team work and urgency going on. The Make it Happen attitude is really evident.

Everyone's going to have to find new reference points now, though.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by palanon; 04-15-12 at 11:32 AM.
    " In the name of the Spedo, the Tach and the Holy Throttle, Amen. "

Quote Originally Posted by palanon View Post

The sound engineer has been working on site to repair and improve the PA system. The restaurant has received a facelift and the Smoke Shack has signed on to run it for the season......on and on and on...

The amount of work going on to improve EVERYTHING is staggering. It's really been a blast so far this season. There is a real sense of team work and urgency going on. The Make it Happen attitude is really evident.

So is the 12 dollar burger going to cost 13 now?

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    So is the 12 dollar burger going to cost 13 now?
    Ha! Not much they can do. They still have to pay off Levey. The food is much better and if you don't buy a drink ( $3 !! ), you can get a decent lunch for 10-12 bucks. More than McD's but the BBQ sammiches are better, though.

Ha! Not much they can do. They still have to pay off Levey. The food is much better and if you don't buy a drink ( $3 !! ), you can get a decent lunch for 10-12 bucks. More than McD's but the BBQ sammiches are better, though.
    Im going to miss the hearty breakfast for 12 dollars that felt like a brick in my stomach all day.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James

I am just friggin excited to see any improvements!!!!! Thanks for the updates and the pics!!!

The new curbing is pitched and tapered (tough to see in the pics). Knee pucks will skip along nicely, no more chance of hooking a puck on the broken asphalt type curb that was there before.

You can see a boom lift that we're using until the new, cantilevered tree house is built. A structural engineer is checking over the plans for the new tree house now. A little track trivia for everyone,,,the base and quite a bit of the new tree house will be built from parts of the old scoring tower. A little history going to live on.

There's about an additional 20' of run off where the turn 8 gravel trap is and at least that much on the turn 4 side due to the elimination of the ambulance station and the trees. The pics do show the huge amounts of extra run off there now is in turns 7, 8 and riders right entering turn 9. The Track Bond used to ease the transitions in turns 3 & 4 and 9 & 10 have held up and are working well.

Over the next two weeks we'll be jacking up the Safer Walls to weld and mount attachment points for the lower straps of the Airfence sections.

Thanks for all the info and updates it's great to hear about any improvements and there are many here!

Wow, the amount of upgrades is impressive...especially considering the times.

Great stuff...it's appreciated.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Retired LRRS/CCS EX #212 | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Dainese USA |

Wait, will I still be able to get my chicken fingers and fries for lunch? If not it's going to throw off my whole year and I might have to bail.

Oh, and I need malt vinegar and salt for my fries.

Fingers and Fries $8 - Chicken is different though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ATTENTION IN THE HADDOCK! - NHMS Improvements-smoke-shack-menu-restaurant-pdf  

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Eric Wood came by today for a meeting on the Airfence and foam soft wall placement. We spent several hours laying it all out on paper and should have it all finalized by early next week. Very productive day spent on track safety. Huge thanks to Eric for coming up to work on this in the middle of the week!

Does this mean they paved the track too? As long as the cracks are the same I am good.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Does this mean they paved the track too? As long as the cracks are the same I am good.
    You were never good.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

It's funny. The track is exactly the same. however, everything around it through 7 to 10 has changed so much, it feels, at first, like the course has changed.

All the things you never consciously thought of are gone. So,,,it's weird. your mind bounces around looking for stuff your not quite sure is/isn't there.

I don't know, call it a "Subconscious Bitch Slap" . You'll notice stuff missing you never really noticed was there.

It passes after a few laps but, expect to feel weird for a few go arounds!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123