Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

barber race report

Wirelessly posted (8900b/MR2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.06.3.1.17.0)

I got in last night at 10 pm. ran down to wallyworld for somethings. get back to the hotel for a rough night of sleep

I wake up around 6am and head down to the track. I sign up for gtl lwgp and ulsb. gtl for a extra round of practice since I've never been here before. they end up combining some practice groups so we can get 3 rounds in.

first practice I spent mainly trying to figure out where im going. I believe I knocked out a 1 58.

second practice still figuring it out. defitenly getting the hang of it now. knocked out a 1 56

3rd practice I spent trying to figure out t6 and t9 I think. its a quick left right corner that leaves no room for transition. knocked out a 1 56

gtl. I start last and stayed there. me and 2 am's went back and forth. one got e in t15 when I missed a downshift and as I was catching him I did it again on the next lap and the other passed me. I passed one again in t2 and caught the other in t1 a few laps later. then we started going back n forth. it was a real fun race. I ended up puling in early as I was getting tired and this was only meant to be a practice. no clue on time. next race is ulsb I believe

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Wirelessly posted (8900b/MR2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.06.3.1.17.0)

gtl was a 1 52

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Wirelessly posted (8900b/MR2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

ulsb
    we were gridded so far back it looked like a 2 wave start. no 2nd wave board though. green flag drops and 3 of us take off. the others just sat there. come around on la 3 and see the meatball flag but I can't see the #. next time around its gone. so I don't know if it was me or someone else (turned out to be someone else) coming into t6 with 2 laps to go I over shoot and go into the gravel trap. which by the time I got out, the guy in third passed me. he was long gone but I managed to pull a 3rd.

lwgp
    I seemed to have forgotten how to ride a bike. nothing special other then that

-Benjamin Franklin

Re: barber race report

Way to go team

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.