Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Jerez MotoGP - SPOILER

Jerez MotoGP - SPOILER

Another awesome race by Marquez! I'm loving it!!! He seems to have no fear and is clicking on all cylinders right now.

Great to see Rossi fight his way onto the podium as well. He shot right on out there at the start and never gave up, which is awesome. Great to see he is still loving his racing and doing well at it!

Definitely surprised at how Lorenzo is doing this year - one would have thought he'd be doing better. In my opinion it didn't even look like he tried to fight Pedrosa hard to get back on the podium (although I'm not complaining because I'm a Honda fan first. And I was sad to see Bradl's positioning today. Wish he could have gotten up to at least 2nd row on the grid because 3rd row doomed him from the start.

One has to wonder just how long Marquez will keep the streak going! He's unstoppable!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2016 Ninja 650

Re: Jerez MotoGP - SPOILER

Eh. Motogp has become boring. I'd rather watch moto2 or moto3 any day. Motogp is much more about the machine than the man now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I haven't watched a lot of Moto3, but have watched 2 of the Moto2 races this year. I find them all exciting in their own ways because each class is different. When I went to Indy last summer it was fun watching all the classes practice, qualify, and race one after the other. The different sounds of each class of bikes is amazing. Fun to see how young the Moto3 racers are and hoping to watch them move up each class as they advance their careers

2016 Ninja 650

Moto GP - Amazing race. Marquez is on fire, quite possibly the next person to join Rossi and Ago in the legends category. It was awesome to watch qualifying as well, Marquez swapping bikes to get 3 runs in, he just keeps upping the game.

Moto 3 is some amazingly close racing and fairly even machines. I haven't watched the Moto 2 race as of yet but am sure that will be just as good.

As for Lorenzo, I think he is succumbing to the mental game Marquez is playing, or should I say Marquez is demoralizing the entire field. He won the race today but what 3 to 4 seconds, that nuts. Not to mention the commentators said he uses FP4 to just "Play around" he is from another planet. If I could ride at 1% of his ability I would be a darn good rider.

Quote Originally Posted by McBiggity View Post
    Eh. Motogp has become boring. I'd rather watch moto2 or moto3 any day. Motogp is much more about the machine than the man now.
    Motogp boring? Have you watched the last two races? I think it's been better than the last seasons in memory. Lots of good battles throughout the race. The opening laps have looked insane. Marquez is insane right now and Rossi is looking healthy too.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yup. Boring. I've seen the races and battles for 5th don't do anything for me

I'm on the fence about this. THe first few laps have certainly been exciting, but the races then get processional at the front. However, I could watch Marquez ride at that level all by himself for hours and never lose interest. The best rider on the best bike going at the highest level? Yeah, that's not gonna get boring to me ever.

Spec racing is fun for other reasons, but it's can't really match motogp for the reasons above.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by McBiggity View Post

Here we go again, let's turn the thread into another "it's cool to hate Nickel back" thread.............

I'm with Paul....The first few laps are great, then it gets boring. Once Marquez gets out in front, everyone just files in as they pull away. Lorenzo and Rossi were doing everything to keep him behind them, but it only took a few laps to get through them, then he was gone....

I keep watching, waiting for Marquez to crash....but he never does. It's amazing the way the bike is all over the place, but he always gets control exactly when he needs it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by marshdrummer View Post
    I'm with Paul....The first few laps are great, then it gets boring. Once Marquez gets out in front, everyone just files in as they pull away. Lorenzo and Rossi were doing everything to keep him behind them, but it only took a few laps to get through them, then he was gone....

I keep watching, waiting for Marquez to crash....but he never does. It's amazing the way the bike is all over the place, but he always gets control exactly when he needs it to be.
    ^This, I root for the short guy on the number 26 but... 93 is something else. He's insanely talented.

Question for you guys; I've just started watching the GP races and I'm curious about a piece of tech I keep seeing. It's a portable roller that goes under the rear wheel of the bike, they spin it up for a second or two just before hitting the track. What are they?

Aren't those the powered rollers for firing the bike up?

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

Do the GP bikes forgo electric starters for weight savings, then?

Yes

Yes, They call the external starters "rollers". Some teams use a "drill" type starter on the crank end.

Paul_E_D