Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How do I break in

How do I break in

Originally posted by davegsxrold929r
    well then that is even better ...i was talking if he bought the salvage bike and built it..........

no keep up here skippy.........
    I already have the salvage bike, but it is done and waiting for the dam inspection..... I definately realize it's a lot easier to sell with a good /rebuilt title...

If racing requires that much $$ I dont think I could swing it? I am going to pick up a P/T job over the winter and save up as much as I can, but I should be smart and invest in a house not racing... Maybe in a few years I will seriously consider this as a hobbie, But for now I will just try to do as many track days as I can.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys.

So Jay if you do it, I will help you out up at the track an envy you for getting out there!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

How do I break in

Well, you could race an EX500 for less that half of what it would cost to run a modern 600.

I'm here to tell you that it would make a better rider of you as well. The EX500 (stock) lap record is a 1:18.8

It would take many years to get there, but you'd be one of the best racers at the track if you did.

That's the cheapest bike you can race and at loudon there's a highly competitive class, though now it's being stormed by the Ducati 620SS. All the fun, at half the $$$$

I confess, I started on an EX.

Paul_E_D

How do I break in

even a SV650 would be a great starter.., lots of fun ., you can get 3-4 weekend out of a set of tires..

so add up the weekend

tires $100 every 3rd weekend would be $300 for the set
    entry $180 3 races.
    gates $30
    gas $30

much cheaper than a 600

and i would not even think of starting on the R1., even a 750 would be too much...

women ??!!
    LRRS#989

How do I break in

Originally posted by hessogood
    At least not untill I can work out a good budget and be sure I'm going forward with everything.
    A race budget? You can try planning that way but once you get out there and start having a little fun, what budget?

A race weekend if you're entering 3-4 races probably still costs less than the total cost of a trackday if you figure in the cost of the day, lost wages for the missed day of work, and lodging seeing as you can't camp at the track.
    Once you check it out for a weekend, i'm sure you'd be hooked

Yamaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12