Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Bridgestone

RSVMILLE661

Bridgestone

Ok, Has any one of the NESR Racers used the Bridgestone DOT's DART is very close to signing a deal with them for sponsorship but having never used them before I am not sure of there performance or handling characteristics.
    Personally I prefer the Michelins and 2 of our riders prefer Pirellis and 1 like the dunlops. I'm just trying to get a tire I can trust and be happy with. So if anyone has any suggestions or input on these it would be appreciated.
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Banned

Bridgestone

Never tried them. Don't know anyone who uses them. They are rumored to have come out with a good race tire and are looking to get into the race scene. If I was using them I would expect to get them for FREE as Bridgestone need the advertising and testing in the real world.
    Just my opinion.
    Derek

RSVMILLE661

Bridgestone

Umm thats kinda the deal were working on. They are very aggressive to get them out there.

Banned

Bridgestone

Sounds good. Tell them you want a couple of sets for free to try in testing and then you will give feedback to them. For what it is worth I really liked the BT56ss for the street.

Degsy

Bridgestone

Scotty,
    if you look at the last Sport Rider Mag. they did a DOT race tire test and the Bridgestone's were one of the tires tested. They did OK in the testing, but came in last place.
    1. Metzler
    2. Pirelli
    3. Dunlop
    4. Bridgestone

I say a FREE race tire is a great deal. If you need someone to test them out let me I will be more then happy to help out.

Banned

Bridgestone

I would try them out on a track day but I wouldn't go straight into a race weekend with them. Are they producing a slick version for us Superbike racers?

Degs

Bridgestone

I screw up here is the correct listing:
    1. Metzeler (89.7%)
    2. Pirelli (89.4%)
    3. Michelin (86.4%)
    4. Dunlop (83.2%)
    5. Bridgestone (82.3%)

They said the Bridgestone's are like the Michelin's and take longer to warm up, but they also said all these tires are good tires.

RSVMILLE661

Bridgestone

Yes they do have a slick as well as a DOT. I can get Michelins for a sick price through some of our dealer sponsorship. I would like to try the pirellis but Mich pays more on the podium. Dunlops act too greasy for me and slide all over the place. I talked to them today about a test program but no answer as of yet.

RSVMILLE661

Bridgestone

Kip thanks for the info.. I need to try the pirellis, if the super corsa are anything like the dragon evo's no thanks. I think in that test the Michelins still posted the fastest lap times though

Bridgestone

Scotty,
    I have only used Pirelli race tires on the track so I don't know how the others compare. I do like the Pirelli's, but I have nothing else to compare them to. I'm not a fast rider, the fastest time I could do last year was a 1:22 on my RC-51 (I had a guy follow me with a lap timer. But when I think back he was having troubles keeping up)
    The best price I can get on Pirelli's is $270/set. I go in with another race buddy that buys 10 sets at a time. What kind of prices can you get on race tires? I have 4 sets of Pirelli take offs 2 sets- (good shape) 2 sets- (OK shape) and would like to try something new and different. Here are the lap times from the DOT race tire test:
    Pirelli- 1:26.19
    Metzeler- 1:26.75
    Michelins- 1.26.87
    Dunlops- 1:26.92
    Bridgestone- 1:27.19
    On Bike Week when they aired this test one comment that was made about the Bridgestone's was they were the most fun because they spun up the most, almost out of every corner. But the guy was riding a GSXR-1000.

RSVMILLE661

Bridgestone

A 1:22 is a pretty respectable lap. My fastest last year was a 1:23. So I don't think you are slow.

When I raced cars I ran into this situation once before. Toyo gave us 3 free sets of Proxes for the team. Sure no prob we thought. But the tires Sucked bad and I basically had to pay to get rid of the tires so I could finish top 5 in the points for that season.
    I just don't want to get in to a tire that is not quite up to snuff.

Bridgestone

Scotty, You mentioned you have some good deals on tires through your sponsors. What kinda deals can you get?

RSVMILLE661

Bridgestone

Kip,
    Looking at previous gen Pilot races for 200.00 per set also can get new pirellis and michs at dealer cost from a few. I am trying to work out stuff with Mich for the year but its like pulling teeth.

Bridgestone

How are the older Mich's? Do they have different compounds like the new ones?
    On the Pirelli's is dealer cost under $270/set?