Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Bring out your dead!

Re: Bring out your dead!

Got steering stops made, once they arrive and I confirm they fit this project shifts back into high gear.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

bro I've seen some people SHRED on 2-smoke bikes!!

this guy had a late model YZ250 w' a 380 kit or something, was backing into turns, wheelieing the whole straight...was just killing it! so much fun to watch!

check my instagram to see me come out of a back turn to the main straight and having him blow by

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

yo Kurlon - for my front and its patent limited weirdo front brake line snaked under the fork - am I limited to those brakes on a 17" front if I keep the stock forks?

I was thinking about burning through my "sportsman" setup tires and using that as an excuse to lace up some sven-teeeens as a "direct swap" setup...but not if I have great tires/rims and terrifying brakes

I've not come across a caliper relocation bracket or oversized brake bracket that'll fit the old forks. That's not to say it can't be done, you'll just have to make your own adapter bracket.

can anything be done to upgrade those factory brakes?

seems like I can't run my own SS brake line because of the weird snake line...just fresh pads/rotor, bleed the $hit out of them

You absolutely can put a new SS line on, just convert it to standard routing. You can get bolt on brake line clamps to hold the line to the outside of the guards like modern bikes.

very cool!

I may just try that...17's on sumo are going to need a good amount of braking power over what is normally sufficient on dirt

EBC OS628E Oversize Rotor Yz25 94-97wr25 92-97

PN checks out, 280mm floating rotor, and in theory a caliper adapter to match. I can't get 100% confirmation on the bracket though... Contact EBC support directly to see if they have an oversize rotor caliper bracket for your machine.

Steering stops fabricated, fancy clamps installed, classic plastic mocked up. The 92 fender bolts right up, I'm going to have to make a bracket to secure the number plate, plus run a ziptie set on the bottom to tie it to the fender.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bring out your dead!-12932783_990018091051354_4108762464290915409_n-jpg  

Lifer

Yeah, but will he actually race it?!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

So, after a ton of mad scrambling, re-engineering and chasing mystery electric woes...

I RAN FRIDAY PRACTICE ON IT!

Got two complete sessions after having to abort one thanks to nasty detonation. I'm gawd awful slow on it, but it's not a complete joke out here. I'm still learning to trust the tires and suspension while dealing with a slightly improved over stock dirt front brake and the head games that's inducing. This is my first opportunity to truly wring out a two stroke and my god what a giggle inducing fear when it comes on the pipe. Followed by a WTF when I wait too long to upshift and sputter in the useless overrev range.

15/39 gearing appears to be in the ballpark. If I can get a better drive out of 12 I might actually top it out before T1 but for now it's still pulling when I chicken out. Might get a 40T rear made to see if that's better? Shift points are all crazy compared to what I'm used to too... I also need to dial in the low speed jetting, trying to do maint throttle through 10 is a lil sketchy, gets herky-jerky but I don't know yet if I'm lean or rich.

I want to compliment PK on a damn good guess on the suspension but the truth is I'm not going fast enough to actually tell yet how it's doing. We're anticipating it being soft 'cause it's Boxshop targeted but I'm too much of a chicken on it right now for that to matter. Basic geo seems good though as it never really wags it's head and feels stable at speed. So he nailed that aspect no questions asked. I need to cut down my 92 front fender as that buffeting puts a lil shake in it but nothing serious.

Tomorrow it makes it's race debut, race #9 - Ex ULSB. Sunday, race #9 again it'll contest LW Sportsman. I anticipate coming in dead last but grinning like a fool.

(And holy CRAP am I sore and tired after two 20 minute sessions. The bike isn't violent but I wore myself out on it...)

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Well, that escalated slowly. Vid or it didn't happen.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

I wish I had a viable go pro... my 1st gen is dead.

Edit: In the mean time, enjoy this static picture:

Bring out your dead!-13124634_1009843102402186_5750925543000703686_n-jpg

I did witness Kurlon in the area of motorcycles which appeared to be largely assembled

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

And I can bring a gopro if you'd like to use one.

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    And I can bring a gopro if you'd like to use one.
    I was scatterbrained enough yesterday and today scrambling to get the bike going that I don't wanna risk adding one more thing to think about. I appreciate the offer though. If you wanna get some vid as a spectator, that'd be cool!

If you want to borrow one on the future I have one just sitting here... Haven't used it in 3 years or so.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    ..appeared to be largely assembled
    I hear he borrowed parts.

yowza!!

almost looks like ya wanna lower the triples on the forks a bit tho

This weekend's award for most bizarre reason for a mechanical induced DNS: Carb needle broke

Turns out my carb has a two piece needle that is a combo press/soldered/spot welded together. It snapped at the weld. This is a known design flaw and there is a new one piece design to prevent this problem. The carb was at the factory for rework and they failed to mention that it'd be a good idea to update that at the time... Mumble grumble new needle on order with expedited shipping so it'll be here in time for LRRS Rd 2.

The good news is I did get a couple practice sessions in and the bike and I are starting to come to terms with each other. PK's guess on the suspension for Boxshop based on some vids he saw is pretty damn close. I did raise the forks BTW Bheavish, spot on guess there.

Today's random technique discussion: Should I switch to foot out dirty style for LRRS?

no

Paul_E_D

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    no
    I'd actually be interested in a non joking discussion on this, which may not be possible on NESR... So, that said, why? I'm normally a knee down person, as that's what I learned first, but I'm starting to get more comfy with the foot out sitting on the outside airbox panel technique and the bike seems to like it.

Of course, I can't find much evidence of anyone else doing it at LRRS currently... I found one shot of Clarkie foot out going up 4... Jake L isn't going foot out, but he's also not hanging off much either, knee in, shifted slightly inside on the seat is about as aggressive as I can find of him in Martin Hanlon's Rd 1 pics.

My first question is what do you expect to gain?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    My first question is what do you expect to gain?
    Right now? Comfort on the bike. Some bikes knee down feels natural, some I have to think to do it, this one so far it hasn't felt natural. Foot out however is just 'clicking' for me on it.