Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Who To Call???

Who To Call???

I preregistered for the races this weekend, and I need to SPEAK to someone to get outta that. Anyone have a contact name/number? All I can find is the fax number. Maybe just call NHIS and do the run around from there?

HELP!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Who To Call???

Originally posted by zombie
    are you not riding this weekend??
    cos I only wanted to corner work to bust yer chops
    Look around, fool. You'll see what up!

Who To Call???

Jay, If I was you start by calling NHIS. You will end up taking to a few different people, because no one knows what's going on. Then after you talk to the right person and you think you have it all figured out you will try to get a credit and they will tell you it can't be done. (I'm preparing you for the worst)
    Everytime I call up there no one knows what's going on.

Banned

I emailed Laura Cole on this one, here's her reply.

Bette French would be most interested in learning that people feel this way. And most able to help. The other 2 things that help would be: Encourage people to learn the names of people at NHIS. For example, it is Pat at the registration windows all the time and it is Pat that you would need to talk to about cancelling. Secondly, (not an excuse) NHIS was undergoing some internal restructing and coverage issues from Ted leaving and Bette having a stroke. The are recovering now, and NOW is a great time to recognize what they do good and what might be better.

I do believe the rulebook has something about the timeframes for when you can cancel and if you get a credit or your money back. Maybe that is an idea to take to Don H/Jerry - put this info with the contact phone number and name in the rulebook. Be careful to check your rulebook first and make sure it's not already in there, as a rider it is your duty to read and know those rules - me as an official don't have to know them :-) Okay, so I just skip the technical parts because I have nothing to do with them - but boy do I know the complete re-start or not rules...

I will forward this to NHIS.

Laura
    ---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
    Reply-To: "Derek Sinclair" <dereksinclair@attbi.com>
    Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:23:05 -0400

>Hi Laura, I just wanted to show you something as an example of some of the
    >things I was talking about. Maybe you could shed some light on this matter
    >anyway.
    >http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/...&threadid=5698
    >
    >Derek.

Who To Call???

After the THIRD phone call, I was FINALLY told to call back later in the day and speak to Betty (or Bette). When I called back, the gentleman that answered the phone wouldn't let me talk to anyone but him. After telling him several times that I was TOLD to speak to Betty, he insisted that I tell HIM what it was regarding. He then told me that I had to fax in a writen request ASAP to get credit. Yet he seemed very unsure if I'd get credit towards another race weekend or if I'd get my charges credited back to my account. I just faxed in my request...

With all that's going on right now, I find this EXTREMELY frustrating already. I may NOT be able to make another race until the end of July, and the fact that I may hafta sit on a 'race credit' until then is absurd...

I know rules are rules, but sometimes situations have to be dealt with on a one on one basis. I've seen and heard of many rules being bent a bit to accomidate certain situations. I can only hope this will be the case here...

I dunno. Maybe the fact that we as NESR Racing have 'supplied' cornerworkers for EVERY race this year may help me out with this...

I'll keep ya'll posted...

Who To Call???

No news yet, but that's cool. I didn't get the fax off 'til just before we closed shop today. I'll give 'em a shout tomorrow and hope for the best...

And for what it's worth, I'm not even certain my CC has even been charged yet. So this may just be a simple case of them digging up my pre-reg and trashing it...

Who To Call???

Just to let you know a credit doesn't mean you can use it when you want to. I got two credits for "pracitces" I couldn't do because my bike lost a cylinder. I did the proper paper work and they did credit me for two "pracitces" they told me to just let them know when I was signing in and it would all be taken care of. So I come up on Saturday tell them I have two credits and was told just to let them know when I was signing in. They said the credit "box" (whatever that is) was not in the sign in office so I would have to wait to use them for some other time.

Who To Call???

Aye, aye, aye, Kip. You're bummin' me out here. I'm hoping they didn't even charge my account yet, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I've gotta check my account to make sure, but I should be all set....

Who To Call???

Okay. My CC was charged on Friday. Here's what the LRRS rule book says on canelling pre-reg's...

"2.5. CREDITS: If you must cancel a pre-entry, you must notify NHIS (for a Loudon event) or GP/PRO (if another venue) by the Wednesday preceding the event. No-shows will not receive refunds or credits towards another event. There will be no changes to entries once registration has closed on the day of the race.

There will be absolutely no refunds or credits for any reason once a bike has gone through Tech."

Kinda vague on whether or not you actually get your money back though. And again, seeing as it could be the END of July before I can race again, this has got me a bit on edge. I have STILL yet to hear from them about this. But I'll give 'em another day 'til I call 'em back...

Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal. But seeing as in less than a coupla weeks, we could end up having to find a new place to live, we could really use that money back in our pockets. I'm not gonna jump to conclusions with this, but I don't have a good feeling about this...

Who To Call???

Still no word, but I'm gonna give 'em a call this afternoon. I faxed in my written request per their instructions on Monday, but my CC still hasn't been credited. So far, I've entirely played by their rules here so I'm hoping for the best scenario...

Kinda sad that I hafta sit here and worry about this when in a week or so, me and the family will be looking for a place to live...

Who To Call???

Grrrr....okay. I hope Charlie knows what he's talkin' about. NOW I'm told the person I need to speak to (Pat) won't be in 'til tomorrow, but I shouldn't call 'til after 9:00 or so. Here's the problem I'm foreseeing (is this even a word?) with that: According to 'the rules', you must notify them by the Wednesday preceeding the event. Now I'm being told the person I need to speak to won't be in 'til tomorrow. See where I'm going with this? That's the day AFTER you need to notify them! Sure, I faxed in my request Monday. But I NEED to find out what's up with this, and now I'm being told I need to speak to yet another person about it. And she won't be in 'til the DAY AFTER the day your supposed to cancel!!!

I dunno. Maybe I'm making a bigger deal of this than need be. But I'm in a sticky situation here, and I can't seem to get any answers...

Who To Call???

**UPDATE**

Just got off the phone with Pat. I gotta tell ya, she's the best. Quickly explained my situation, badda-BING. Says she'll refund my money this weekend once they start running CC's to make sure I don't show. All in all, I don't think our convesation lasted more than 60 seconds. No problem at all, and I couldn't be more relieved given our current situation. AND, she was sweet as pie. Very happy with how it turned out!

Who To Call???

I just talked to Pat about using my 2-credit's for this weekend and she said it wouldn't be a problem, because they just told someone they would credit there credit card this weekend. Instead she said "I will just use the other person's entry money for you". I hope she wasn't taking about your money Jay

Sorry Dude I'm just making you worry a little more.

Who To Call???

Originally posted by kip
    I just talked to Pat about using my 2-credit's for this weekend and she said it wouldn't be a problem, because they just told someone they would credit there credit card this weekend. Instead she said "I will just use the other person's entry money for you". I hope she wasn't taking about your money Jay

Sorry Dude I'm just making you worry a little more.
    Ya kak!