Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

can't wait until july is done

its been a long ass month (having stuff stolen from the truck, car accident, work issues), and this weekend just topped it off

two major crashes, the first being my fault (turn 2, light up the rear and pitched myself off), the 2nd being the light rain (which I didn't notice) during the dash for cash (still my fault I guess, but 2 other guys went down behind me as well) where I highsided coming out of 12.

I will have a full writeup later ... i'm on the cape for vacation (sore as hell though).

Thank god for my Suomy Spec-1R helmet and Shoei X-11 ... i cracked the shell and the inner structure of my suomy and walked away with just a headache (race #1). I hit face first with my shoei (race #15) and just got my headache back.

I have a bruised hip (crash 1) and knee (crash two).

Bike needs a new front wheel, rebuild of steering damper, handlebar, rearsets and I'm sure some other stuff. Still have to do a complete work up on it.

The good that came out of the weekend was the AM is a very comfortable place to be, even though I will be in the back for a bit, everyone knows what they are doing out there and it seems much safer than AM. I feel good about the decision to move up.

The other good thing was my recovery from the 1st crash. I went out there for the next race and lost 2 seconds of my laptimes ... but the last race I was able to get back down to where I was precrash. I was concerned if I was going to be affected long term by the crash, but I proved to myself that I could get my head back into the game after such a crash.

I have to decide if I can afford to be ready for the next race weekend. Being out of work this week is taking a hit to my financial situation, but I will try everything I can to get back out there.

Again, full race report soon ... there are some good things to report (like the passing battles I had in the dash for cash).

Thanks to Neal and Erin very much for getting the bike together after the first crash. Also thanks to anyone who supplied tools and time, along with peter kates for making my rearset straight again.

now for a week at the cape of good food and relaxation (i have an aunt who is a massage theapist ... i'll be using that as a resource tomorrow)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Damn Saxman! I just saw you minutes prior (I talked to you at the Street & Comp trailer)! Shitty! What clipon do you need? I have one that came in with a bunch of parts that I ordered. I have no idea if its straight (I'll check on my 600RR). If its straight, functional and the one you need its yours if you want it ($0).

Now for my race report...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Technically i believe you jinxed yourself with the "It's so much easier post" So saw that irony and couldn't resist. Hope you feel better and get to come back in 2 weeks.

Rick Lee
    04' CRF450R Mo~tahd~ed
    75' CB750 Cafe (project)
    77' KZ750 Twin
    LRRS #676

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    You got away by doing the the cheat code for Contra?
    "The only way this guy could have a tougher time in politics is if his name was Jihad McTerrorist." Fuggin Darrel!

haha, yeah you are probably right