Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Carolina Motorsports Park

Carolina Motorsports Park

Good Day,
    I am going to be traveling down to Carolina Motorsports park in April to start my racing season. It will be my first time there and was wondering if anyone here has been there? And if so what was your opinion of the faculty,Track and so on... Looks fast from the U-tube videos can't wait...
    Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Carolina Motorsports Park

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Good Day,
    I am going to be traveling down to Carolina Motorsports park in April to start my racing season. It will be my first time there and was wondering if anyone here has been there? And if so what was your opinion of the faculty,Track and so on... Looks fast from the U-tube videos can't wait...
    Thanks
    I like the track for the most part. The facilities are pretty much none. I don't recall power being available. The last time I was there was in 2010. T1 can be sketchy especially on the flag drop. Keep track of the weather. If it's gusty don't hug the inside of the dog leg on the back straight if you can avoid it. Very easy to get blown off track.

David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

That's the one track I have no intention of returning to.

T1 gets lots of crashes from the sand washing off tires that came in from the pits.

T14 is a super tight turn before the straight.

I went once and don't plan on going again, unless I do another full Atlantic schedule.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

here's a video from Friday practice when i went in 2014:
    Carolina Motorsports Park - CCS race practice - YouTube

Last edited by Jim; 02-08-16 at 03:33 PM.
    EX 105

Used to be my local track when I lived down that way. It's been a few years so I'm not sure what may have changed...I always reserved garage space (power in the garage). Plenty of room to park whatever you have, bathrooms easily accessed (I don't know if there are showers - I lived close enough not to need them). I know guys like to camp there but I never did. I second the warning on the inside of the back straight as mentioned in the post above.

Thanks for the input and will keep all warnings in mind.
    Going to be racing different tracks this season as I must have 200000 laps at NHMS.. Will still do a few weekends there this coming year, But plan on racing NJ, Summit and Barber as well... Never raced at Summit but have done the other ones before, As usual Time, Money, Job and lack of Money dictate where and how many weekends I get to drag a knee.. only a few more years left in the tank and want to try to keep it fresh and fun... So thanks again.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

My dream was Barber. I never got there. Go for it and keep us posted. With some pics and race reports please.

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Thanks for the input and will keep all warnings in mind.
    Going to be racing different tracks this season as I must have 200000 laps at NHMS.. Will still do a few weekends there this coming year, But plan on racing NJ, Summit and Barber as well... Never raced at Summit but have done the other ones before, As usual Time, Money, Job and lack of Money dictate where and how many weekends I get to drag a knee.. only a few more years left in the tank and want to try to keep it fresh and fun... So thanks again.
    I'll be at Summit for Memorial Day, and i think Sav will be too. that's one of my favorite tracks, despite my laptimes there.

EX 105