Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

CCS Rule Updates for 2008

Is the SV getting slaughtered at other CCS events? Is LRRS the exception to the rule?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Classes

Guys, you have to take into consideration that CCS is a National Organization that runs MANY different regions. I have raced all over the country and I can tell you that Hawks & EX500's being raced OUTSIDE of LRRS is kinda rare.

LRRS does have a strong following of HAWK-amania and also EX500 PTwins. I would sugguest not focusing on Eric Kelcher @ CCS, but more so with Don and LRRS.

CCS might need to do this rule change for the Midwest, SouthEast, SouthWest etc... to increase entries and ($$) Making more classes available for lightweight riders.

LRRS doesn't follow EVERY rule that CCS has, as evidenced by the LRRS only classes we have to support our Northeast riders.

Scott

Thanks for weighing in here Scott. I was thinking it may have to do with areas outside NHIS/NHMS.

So what runs ULSB at other tracks you have been too? I am not understanding why SV's are moving down? BMW's and Buells that much faster?

Another thing... I am reading abot Ducati's new 848 too... I thought this was club racing? How many people go out and buy a brand new bike to race it? It has to be the minority.

Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Fork oil in my veins.... gmdboston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    I was under the impression that they all just registered at the banquet and they could pre-reg all year. I assume when its them they can just walk in the door and do the paperwork for themselves. I could be wrong, and Im not defending any stance Im sure they have great reasons, I just havent heard what they are and was curious what they might be
    Those guys do more for LRRS than you could possibly imagine. They pre-enter just like the rest of us, but skip the lines out side so they can get back to running the school, helping to set up the track, checking on air fence etc. Do you want Eric & Jeff standing in line wait to post reg, or setting up air fence and getting the new riders what they need, discussing rule changes, improving safety etc.? I don't have a problem with it, but I do agree that seeing them in line at reg & tech would do a lot of good for customer relations. How ever I've first hand (and have had to help with some of the duties when Eric is away and I'm teaching his class) what they do in any given weekend and quite frankly I'll hold the door for them.

"If you can't afford to do it right, how are you going to afford to do it over?"-PK
    Shop Services: Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick Two.

I think you misunderstood Peter, I dont blame them for skipping lines in the least. I realize we wouldnt be racing without them and I know they have a thousand better things to be doing. I was just responding to Degsy saying I think that they dont need to preregister. I was just saying they pre-reg at the banquet, or used to, but then didnt bother waiting in the line and took care of the paperwork themselves. I cant fault them like I say.
    I was still just confused as to why they arent gridded based on championship points since it seemed to be the way most riders seem to want it. I was hoping someone might have insight into the reasons Jerry always refers to but Im not aware of.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

I think you misunderstood Peter, I dont blame them for skipping lines in the least. I realize we wouldnt be racing without them and I know they have a thousand better things to be doing. I was just responding to Degsy saying I think that they dont need to preregister. I was just saying they pre-reg at the banquet, or used to, but then didnt bother waiting in the line and took care of the paperwork themselves. I cant fault them like I say.
    I was still just confused as to why they arent gridded based on championship points since it seemed to be the way most riders seem to want it. I was hoping someone might have insight into the reasons Jerry always refers to but Im not aware of.
    I didn't misunderstand you, I didn't think you were blaming any one. Just clarifying the reason you don't see them. As for why we don't grid by points, I've talked with the officials in charge and have been given reasons why we don't, but none I feel are good enough to not do it. For every issue that comes up, I feel there is, or we can come up with, a solution. One class that will never be gridded by points is the Novice class, because there are not, nor should there ever be, class points given to novices.

I think that in the case of expert/amateur classes we should grid as follows:

The first weekend would be:
    Pole- Last year's class champion pre or post entry.
    1B-?? -Pre-entries by last season's points standings.
    ??-?? -Pre entries by order of entry.
    ??-end Post entries by order of entry regardless or points.

Second and subsequent Weekends:
    Pole- Last year's class champion, pre or post entry.
    1B-?? -Pre-entered riders by current point standings.
    ??-?? -Pre entered riders by order of entry.
    ??-end Post entered riders by order of entry, regardless of points.

"If you can't afford to do it right, how are you going to afford to do it over?"-PK

Wow, last years champion all year? Id agree with the first weekend, but would think it would go to points for the second weekend.

I gotta stop being so curious about matters that dont concern me, I just end up confusing myself.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Wow, last years champion all year? Id agree with the first weekend, but would think it would go to points for the second weekend.

I gotta stop being so curious about matters that dont concern me, I just end up confusing myself.
    Right now that's how it's done, and the Champ free entries in that class.

Ahh I did not know this. Interesting.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gmdboston View Post
    Those guys do more for LRRS than you could possibly imagine. They pre-enter just like the rest of us, but skip the lines out side so they can get back to running the school, helping to set up the track, checking on air fence etc. Do you want Eric & Jeff standing in line wait to post reg, or setting up air fence and getting the new riders what they need, discussing rule changes, improving safety etc.? I don't have a problem with it, but I do agree that seeing them in line at reg & tech would do a lot of good for customer relations. How ever I've first hand (and have had to help with some of the duties when Eric is away and I'm teaching his class) what they do in any given weekend and quite frankly I'll hold the door for them.
    Just an fyi, I wasn't being critical either. Just making an observation. if my Dad ran the organization, I wouldn't need to pre-reg either. He would automatically know that I was racing.

Good point on the customer-relations though. Maybe they shouldn't walk right past all the minions in line and walk through the door to register. maybe something a little more subtle would be a better idea.

Then of course there is the old nugget of whether guys who regularly enter national events or run the entire AMA superbike circuit should even be entering amateur events, let alone in a club that they are an inherent part of the management of. I'm not gonna win any friends with that argument I know, we've been down this road before. Just food for thought.

Actually, come to think of it, do jeff and Eric enter many races these days? I haven't been up there to see.

derek

I have seen Eric... or was it Jeff in line, he was at the head of the lin ebut took time to talk to Scott and I when he was coming back out to our end.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Well I for one in this argument dont necessarily think them standing in line would help customer relations. I mean, I personally dont care, and I dont think anyone else would really care. On the hand of should they be entering event,s i think that is better for customer relations than anything. Number one on the national scale its nice to have some credibility, if LRRS is good enough to have Jeff and Eric wood running it, it must be alright. Number two, it certainly doesnt hurt these are just two real nice guys. They always say hi, they're always around, they dont seem to mind giving a hand or a tip here and there, they leave their bikes out in the open in the garages anyway, so its cool to see a bike there that Ive seen in Roadracing World and such

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Just an fyi, I wasn't being critical either. Just making an observation. if my Dad ran the organization, I wouldn't need to pre-reg either. He would automatically know that I was racing.

Good point on the customer-relations though. Maybe they shouldn't walk right past all the minions in line and walk through the door to register. maybe something a little more subtle would be a better idea.

Then of course there is the old nugget of whether guys who regularly enter national events or run the entire AMA superbike circuit should even be entering amateur events, let alone in a club that they are an inherent part of the management of. I'm not gonna win any friends with that argument I know, we've been down this road before. Just food for thought.

Actually, come to think of it, do jeff and Eric enter many races these days? I haven't been up there to see.

derek
    I didn't think that any one was being critical, just getting the facts straight 'Mam

Jerry does not run the organization. He is the Safety Director. He has nothing to do with registration. They still sign all the waivers, pay the entries and get the bikes teched, they just don't wait in line so they can get back to doing all the other things that need doing so we can all race.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose441 View Post
    Its not just the Hawks, The FZR's and the other bikes are gonna get screwed as well.

Do you Oxx feel there is a need for the move from the lightwieght point of veiw?

I think this has more to do with The SV650 VS the Buell XBRR and the BMW R1200's That seem to be popular in other regions.

oh sorry scott 51 Horsepower
    well im with MM on this. im sure that the type of bikes that race in our series arent necessarily the same that race else where. i understand the disgruntledness toward this rule. your bike is 20 years old...when should the rule change happen then? when you are done racing? when you change classes? for every 1 person that the rule fucks over there are 10 people that it helps.
    while the SV isnt exactly being clobbered in its classes it might give guys who have stock SVs a chance to compete. what it means to me is a class that i will actually be competitive in. i think in order for the rule to work out the SVs will have to be limited to stock displacement while pre 99 is allowed 700 (you could probably bump that to 800)
    no ones crying that pre 97 (or FI) triples are allowed. a 95 speed 3 makes 98HP and is under 900cc..................

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

you know..with this rule change maybe they should allow the Hawks in PT and LWSM which would give them a couple more classes to run in.

TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Yeah I guess I can see your point, Oxx. It just really sucks that the hawk won't be very competitive at all in its best class anymore. It's gonna be pretty fucking hard to sell my now worthless racebike, and be able to afford a replacement.

One of the former LRRS #13's

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisWatt762

JT42

it already sucks that you guys only have 1 class since there isnt a LWSS. if LRRS decides to go along with it then you should at least push for LWSM, PT might be tough though... but you never know.

Ugh, I like my LWSM, least I can keep up with the tards there. This sucks, keep your own damn class!

Zip Tie Alley #505

A Hawk in LWSM or PTwins wouldn't work... they are all superbike spec with different suspensions and stuff.

A stock Hawk shitty suspension AND 1 disc in the front.

The SV's are gonna run away with ULSB at Loudon.

BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

I don't have a problem with it, but I do agree that seeing them in line at reg & tech would do a lot of good for customer relations. How ever I've first hand (and have had to help with some of the duties when Eric is away and I'm teaching his class) what they do in any given weekend and quite frankly I'll hold the door for them.
    Lets not pretend they're holding classes out of the 'goodness' of their hearts. Its a business they run, and it pays their bills.

Do you get to skip reg and tech because you were busy making sure someone's front end was straight and safe?

Adam
    http://www.webcrush.com

AMA FX#60 SBK#160
    WERA #60

I need an 848 single cyliner motard. Time to see if a punched out 700cc rappy motor will stuff into a tard.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    A Hawk in LWSM or PTwins wouldn't work... they are all superbike spec with different suspensions and stuff.

A stock Hawk shitty suspension AND 1 disc in the front.

The SV's are gonna run away with ULSB at Loudon.
    the only thing not legal about your suspension is the front end, im sure you could make a stock one work fine just as many do with the crappy sv front end. dont exs have 1 disc?

Here we go. SVs already kick ass in LWSS, LWSB AND LWGP. Do any other ULSB legal bikes win in those classes? NO! Shit, while they're at it why not let Duc 1000's in as well?

One of the former LRRS #13's

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisWatt762

JT42

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidhawk007 View Post
    Eric Wood wasn't emailed. Eric Kelcher, Director of Competition for CCS, was.
    No, SMF did.
    derek

Banned

I didn't think that any one was being critical, just getting the facts straight 'Mam

Jerry does not run the organization. He is the Safety Director. He has nothing to do with registration. They still sign all the waivers, pay the entries and get the bikes teched, they just don't wait in line so they can get back to doing all the other things that need doing so we can all race.
    OK, let me put it this way. If my father was paid by LRRS and held a high position in the club, then I wouldn't wait in line either. Not saying it's wrong, just saying that is what I have observed.

...and I thought Jeff and Eric didn't work for LRRS? if you mean they need to set up airfence etc etc for Penguin, then that's really nothing to do with the LRRS racers, that has to do with Their (and I mean the Wood family as a whole, not sure exactly who owns what, Eric is Woodcraft, Jeff/Jerry is Penguin maybe??) private business that is Penguin Racing School.

I was under the impression that the airfence was put up on a thursday anyway, and reg doesn't even open until friday evening.

I do realize that they have a lot to do with getting the rookies ready, teaching race school etc etc, but I was under the impression that they didn't work for LRRS. Hey, when I raced I worked Thursday and Friday at my day job, then arrived at the track saturday morning and had a shit load of stuff to do, I still had to line up and register. Moot point anyway, as Doc pointed out, I guess they DO line up and register now anyway, so good for them.