Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Chinese fairings

Chinese fairings

Anyone know if they make those knock off Chinese fairings for track bikes? ive only seen them for street bikes.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Re: Chinese fairings

I have a 3rd gen set from Auctmart and they are pretty good....this is the only company I know of that have ones TD's. But I have still not seen or tried them in person......

http://shop.absfairings.com/abs-cust...airing-upgrade

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    I have a 3rd gen set from Auctmart and they are pretty good....this is the only company I know of that have ones TD's. But I have still not seen or tried them in person......

http://shop.absfairings.com/abs-cust...airing-upgrade
    Fits: ANY MODEL. LOL.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Quote Originally Posted by The Snowman View Post
    Fits: ANY MODEL. LOL.

Yea.....they just fillin there OEM ones

Only white? Damn, I want one of the graphic kits

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, duh, just saw the point of that.

Zip Tie Alley #505

So wait, do the race fairings come with a 1 piece lower? or 2 piece?

Zip Tie Alley #505

2 piece (actually in some cases probably 3 piece). If you need a "belly pan" these aren't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    So wait, do the race fairings come with a 1 piece lower? or 2 piece?
    I would assume they plastic weld in a lower belly pan and Headlight fillers......and can do any paint or graphics too.

I would stay away from Chinese fairings regardless if they are for track/street. Those things are paper thin. They will get destroyed in a simple 10MPH lowside. Or the paint will start to peel/crack with normal use after a year. Or they will melt from the head of an exhaust. Or the paint will start to fade after 8-10 months. Or they will not fit and cause you to punch baby seals and go diving in the amazon river with piranhas. Both of which will be better for the soul.

Take that $400-500 and get a set of used fiberglass race fairings plus paint. You'll be much happier with the result.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

No always the case mo. I just took my knock off set off my 848. Four years, 8,000 miles, four track days, and they still look good. They come painted and coated. I got mine from nice cycle. The kit I speak of is for sale for the 848/1098/1198.

Quote Originally Posted by makct04 View Post
    I would stay away from Chinese fairings regardless if they are for track/street. Those things are paper thin. They will get destroyed in a simple 10MPH lowside. Or the paint will start to peel/crack with normal use after a year. Or they will melt from the head of an exhaust. Or the paint will start to fade after 8-10 months. Or they will not fit and cause you to punch baby seals and go diving in the amazon river with piranhas. Both of which will be better for the soul.

Take that $400-500 and get a set of used fiberglass race fairings plus paint. You'll be much happier with the result.

Ducati/MV Agusta/Kawasaki/Beta
    Boston Tier 1 Racing/ Fishtail Instructor
    DP Brakes Northeast Road Racing Representative

You are wrong there bud.....as I said I have a set and they are still after 4-6 yrs are in real good shape and have held up for the money...the new ones are even better and some, like the company I posted are now US based...yes they are not as good as OEM but they are not junk like most think

Quote Originally Posted by theducman View Post
    No always the case mo. I just took my knock off set off my 848. Four years, 8,000 miles, four track days, and they still look good. They come painted and coated. I got mine from nice cycle. The kit I speak of is for sale for the 848/1098/1198.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    You are wrong there bud.....as I said I have a set and they are still after 4-6 yrs are in real good shape and have held up for the money...the new ones are even better and some, like the company I posted are now US based...yes they are not as good as OEM but they are not junk like most think
    Interesting. I haven't had any chinese fairings on my bike in the past 2 or so years. I would personally like to see it in person and judge for myself. However, I was just listing my personal experience.

From what I know/have read: Even if the company is based out of the US, they are usually the middle man. However, I could be wrong in all of this and things could have certainly changed in the past few years.

This was just my personal experience having dealt with them several times from different manufactuer's. Delkevic(based out of CO), motofansclub(or something like that) and some other company from ebay.

From what I know/have read: Even if the company is based out of the US, they are usually the middle man. However, I could be wrong in all of this and things could have certainly changed in the past few years.
    Just about everything is made in China these days, by outsourced manufacturers...even expensive, life critical parts in some surprising places (hint: I work for a medical device manufacturer).

The purpose of the US presence, or the company that stamps a brand name on something is that they keep the manufacturer in-check. I'm convinced that the CNC aluminum brake/clutch levers that you can buy on ebay for $24 are made off the same assembly lines as the $125+ brand name ones - the manufacturer is either running them as extra to make money on the side or maybe even selling parts that didn't meet the spec tolerances for the brand-name manufacturer - "hypothetically" forcing the buyer to have to file their Chinese GSXR lever down a mm or two so it would fit inside the perch ([don't] ask me how I know )

Just be aware that the foreign manufacturer knows it can screw over a lot of people without damaging its reputation ('cause it doesn't have one and never will) on some small transaction but the big-name buyers keep them in check.