Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Christmas Eve...

Christmas Eve...

Yea, you know the feeling when you were 10y/o and you just KNEW you were going to get that fiddy dirtbike, or playstation or whatever it was you had your heart set on (maybe it was a ez bake oven)... I've had that feeling now for weeks!

I've seen some of you write mini novel race reports... how about a pre-race report? Screw it, I don't care what people think, I'm ridiculously amped up for this weekend... it's my FIRST RACE!

I always wanted to get to the track, just never made the commitment, never had that push... I knew I would love it...just needed somebody to give me that kick to commit to a trackday. Did the fishtail school in april (38deg first session) and fell in love... almost immediately signed up for the Penguin School in May... did the school...got my license... of course...now even more pumped up!

Immediately after the Penguin School I began searching hard for a semi-affordable track bike. I had looked after the fishtail school, but not too seriously. I found one on the WERA forums for a great deal. More on that in a minute...

Since the Penguin School, I literally go to bed at night imagining each corner in my mind... trying to remember markers, trying to remember the turns, lines, apex, etc... It's fun to race around in my head... I read the rule book, the Penguin workbook...

Since committing to signing up for a race this weekend, I've been trying to think of everything and anything I need to get ready, to bring, to fix, to have, to buy.... to read all the advice on the forum, and to not forget to have fun...

Anyway, I can't stop thinking about it, I'm crazy excited for this weekend and I don't care if I'm last in practice and my race (I'll say that now, until I line up on the grid)... it's all about track time for me right now. So if your in the same boat as I am, you can smile ear to ear with the same nervousness, excitement, fear, adrenaline, and anxiety... and if you've been doing this for years you can reminisce about your first race weekend and re-live all those feelings!

Never forget how amazing it was to take your bike to the track the first time, and never take for granted the awesome oppotunity we all have to have the finances (or debt), the machines, the time and the friends to make it all happen! There are so many out there that can't. One of the best things about this hobby / lifestyle is the community... it really is a sort of a family!

Ok, so for the bike...it's a 2003 CBR 600RR with some goodies...

Full Titanium Arata exhaust
    HRC quick turn throttle
    Penske triple
    Racetech springs with gold valving in forks - freah oil last summer.
    CRG shortie levers
    Sharkskins
    Braided front lines
    Cut rear rotor
    PCIII - mapped for Arata
    Woodcraft clipons and rearsets
    Vortex sprockets -1 + 3
    520 chain/sprocket
    Keyless gas cap
    Scotts steering stabilizer
    Renthal Grips

So if you see the orange bike...stop over and say hey!

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103

Re: Christmas Eve...

You said it best. Remeber this time, it is a great feeling. I am currently taking a break from racing for a variety of reasons, but I miss it almost every day. I WILL be back.

Nice looking bike. Good luck, I may be down there Sunday to visit peeps and watch the action.

-Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs313 View Post
    ... I may be down there Sunday to visit peeps and watch the action.
    Yea man, get down there!

LRRS / CCS - #103

Nice!

Welcome to the coolest money pit there is.

One of the former LRRS #13's

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisWatt762

JT42

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Sell the one on the left its going to become FAR less important.

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Welcome to the madhouse man.... did you buy that off a guy named Nate from Maine by chance??

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    Welcome to the madhouse man.... did you buy that off a guy named Nate from Maine by chance??
    Thanks...

Dude was from Maine, but his name was Chris...

EDIT: Nevermind... he was from PA, I don't know what I was thinking.

Somebody in Maine race another orange Honda?

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SQUIRREL View Post
    Sell the one on the left its going to become FAR less important.
    Ha! I gotta hold onto it as long as I can! Spent all winter putting it back together after a low-side last fall...

Last edited by tsanterre; 07-13-10 at 02:10 PM.

LRRS / CCS - #103

Quote Originally Posted by tsanterre View Post
    Somebody in Maine race another orange Honda?
    Yea a buddy of mine has a bike pretty much the exact same color that he rode for a few years, he hasn't raced at Loudon in a while though. More of an MX guy.

Ha! I gotta hold onto it as long as I can! Spent all winter putting it back together after a low-side last fall...
    I agree completely. keep it around... I have 2 words that could describe it: rain bike!

Scott
    1990 Honda Hawk NT700 (rebuilt?)
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848 (retarded fun)

Oh you got it bad....just empty out all your pockets and enjoy the obsession, lol. Wait 'til you decide you need tire warmers, then you need a canopy - or three, then you decide a trailer is in order, and then you're looking at scooters. And wait 'til that trailer you bought is now too small for all your your junk cause you're actually thinking about a B bike - which you already bought and are afraid to tell your g/f about. Then a sweet deal pops up on that bigger trailer but you're broke cause you bought the B bike - so you buy it anyway and now you have two trailers, two bikes and a scooter. But your Ford Ranger won't pull that thing so now you're on Craigslist looking for a diesel that you can't afford. That's what I've HEARD happens anyway...not that I'd know. uh,er, ya, lol.

LRRS #387

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    Oh you got it bad....just empty out all your pockets and enjoy the obsession, lol. Wait 'til you decide you need tire warmers, then you need a canopy - or three, then you decide a trailer is in order, and then you're looking at scooters. And wait 'til that trailer you bought is now too small for all your your junk cause you're actually thinking about a B bike - which you already bought and are afraid to tell your g/f about. Then a sweet deal pops up on that bigger trailer but you're broke cause you bought the B bike - so you buy it anyway and now you have two trailers, two bikes and a scooter. But your Ford Ranger won't pull that thing so now you're on Craigslist looking for a diesel that you can't afford. That's what I've HEARD happens anyway...not that I'd know. uh,er, ya, lol.
    Don't forget building a garage to fit all your stuff in the off season so you can work on it.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

No need to fret when all those contingency bucks come flyin your way.

Welcome to the addiction. Enjoy your first race weekend....have fun and take it all in.
    Every winter I say I'm done, then get all pumped for the next season around Nov and when I forget how bad my bank account hurt.

...One thing not to do:
    -Decide you need a newer bike and go to the Ducati dealership and buy the newest superbike. Stick with race bikes already set up! Although I love my bike now.

Good luck this weekend

Chris
    LRRS Expert #160

I am just glad that all those thing's happen to everyone!!! I don't feel so alone lmao....

Dude, you are going to have a blast, don't forget ride your ride use your head, you'll be good. I hope you signed up for a couple of race's , cause they go by quick... before you know it you'll be looking for your next fix...

... for now I have to convince myself I can afford this habbit / hobby / obsession...

just hoping those isolated thunderstorms stay away this weekend!!

LRRS / CCS - #103

... for now I have to convince myself I can afford this habbit / hobby / obsession...
    you can't... nobody can. Forget about money and have fun. The expense is one of those things we all know but never talk about. You'll find a budget that works for you and keep you racing.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    you can't... nobody can. Forget about money and have fun. The expense is one of those things we all know but never talk about. You'll find a budget that works for you and keep you racing.
    Word Homie.

LRRS / CCS - #103