Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Cord Covers

Cord Covers

For those running power to their trailer, what are you using for cord covers? Did you find anything local?

I looked around on the world wide interwebz, but the outdoor covers were super expensive. Home Depot has 15' indoor covers...figured I'd need two of those and am guessing they wouldn't last much more than a season.

The other option I was considering was gaffer's tape. Not sure that would fly?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Retired LRRS/CCS EX #212 | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Dainese USA |

Re: Cord Covers

Quote Originally Posted by loudog View Post
    For those running power to their trailer, what are you using for cord covers? Did you find anything local?

I looked around on the world wide interwebz, but the outdoor covers were super expensive. Home Depot has 15' indoor covers...figured I'd need two of those and am guessing they wouldn't last much more than a season.

The other option I was considering was gaffer's tape. Not sure that would fly?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    I solved that problem by camping in the camping areas instead of the garages

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

High maintenance priss

Re: Cord Covers

I think PK pointed me to this site. IMO the best value out there. The smaller stuff is not rated for light vehicle traffic and heavier-duty covers are expensive. I believe I have the FCRD3.

http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/powe...protectors.php

I got 2 10-footers and cut them in half to make them a little more manageable. If you get a 25' extension cord, you can basically leave the cord in the four 5-foot sections w/ 1 foot open space between sections. Stores as 1 piece. Use extension cords on either end to tie into garage and your trailer.