Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

couple post weekend questions

i'm sure I am making mistakes ... and I wish that I had someone taking video of every part of the track for me to analyze what I do wrong ... but sadly I don't.

as for "riding over on's head", to me this means just charging into corners not sure if you are going to make it through or not and just going in with the will of god and hoping he helps you get through.

for me all my mistakes tend to happen after I am well past the apex and feel comfortable to start my drive again ...

maybe my issue with turn 2 is i'm not going far out enough to the wall and i'm on the more flat part of the track instead of the banking where I would be able to have more contact patch ... my line could be off there ... but traction hasn't been a problem there until this past weekend ... combination of tires and wrong line? maybe ...

i'm very much a racing n00b and i'm just looking for advice from fellow racers. I know its hard to say what happened not having seen the crash(es).

As far as the turn 12 ... all i can say as far as it not being that wet, another rider went down behind me, and a 3rd in 11 ... so something was night right on the track.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

If nazo doesn't do both practices I'll take his bike for one of the yellows and run it with you. Unless you're in red? If anyone will let me use another bike I'll see if I can run a few laps and give you some pointers next race weekend. I can only tech my bike for one practice, and I run blue group, I don't know if you'll want to run that one or if they'll let you.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

they wanted to put me in blue at first, but I asked for yellow ... since it was my first AM weekend ... yellow felt comfortable for practice, but if they put me in blue I might do that next time.

I think the time cutoff for blue is sub 1:20. I'm not sure though... I know I had to strafe a few wobblers out there on Sunday morning...

Paul_E_D

thats why I didn't want to be in blue ... i told the woman at reg that she was nuts to try to put me there

(=

When I was working tech, we were trying to make 19's the cutoff point.

Remember, you have guys doing 13's in practice. 6 seconds is HUGE

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

DO NOT go in blue!

She was reading your Novice laptime code colour thing and not your AM since it was your first weekend. I had the same problem my first weekend upgraded.

You have to do sub-19's to be in Blue (sometimes they stick low 19 riders in there). It's not like a Trackday, Blue Expert riders WILL be pissed off if you are out there doing anything but teens, and you are a huge danger. The really fast Blue guys even get freaked out by the slower Blue riders (motards and LW bikes doing 18's / 19's).

You shouldn't be in the Yellow Practice either. Yellow Am/Ex is 19's - 23's. You are not doing 23's right now dude and have only done a few rare 24's. Yellow is the LARGEST practice group at Loudon and is already a friggin rat race.

Do yourself, and myself (who's in Yellow), a favour and go in the proper practice for you right now. Red. Benefit all involved.

Tires: 6 races? Yikes.

Boston --> San Diego

well hopefully LRRS will place me in the correct practice group this upcoming weekend and if not I'll make sure not to be in a practice that I shouldn't be in

i'm not out there to ruin anyones day

Boston --> San Diego

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12