Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Is the D200 Irrelevant now?

Lifer

Can't believe there has been so little talk about the Daytona 200.

I seem to have missed it, Speed only rant it at midnight?

But there was so much going on.

ALL factory Hondas failing? When was the last time that happened?!

2 Triumph 675s on the grid?

After Erik Buell's catastrophe last year, this year 2 privateers qualified on Buells, collided with each other, and then *still* finished after the factory effort couldn't?!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Yeah, I watched it all on DVR prior to viewing the results... the two Honda's falling out was pretty crazy. It was a bit weird... Duhammel coasting... looking down... you knew something was wrong... and then Zemke rolls by him doing like 2 mph... WTF? Hayes was on his way and would've given the Kawi's a run for their money I think had he not run out of gas on the pit lane.

It was broadcast LIVE on Speed, I watched it. It was a great race, much better than the Superbike race. 4 wide on the banking.. awesome, with a bunch of guys riding the wheels off their non-factory bikes. What's not to like?

Boston --> San Diego

I was pleasantly surprised at how entertaining the 200 was and was happy to see a non-factory winner. I do still have to rant though...what's up with the front runners coming up on back-markers so early in the race??? I understand that there was two waves but that was a bit much. And why is it that the back-markers (a majority anyway) don't seem to have any respect for the blue flag as a signal to let the faster riders by? IMO AMA racing would be so much more interesting if the grids were smaller or at least having a grid that was within a smaller margin of the time of the pole position time. A race should not be determined by how well you can work through back-marker traffic.

-kim

drz400sm

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2473/3532494258_79ceb54614.jpg

It was on Sat and today.

1993 Honda CBR900RR
    1990 Suzuki GSXR1100
    1992 Kawasaki ZX750
    1996 Honda F3 Trackbike

Lifer

Yah I got the recording yesterday. I watched the Superbike race last night and started watching the 200 this morning while I was eating breakfast.

I was more just surprised by the deafening silence. Even motorcycle news sites seemed to barely even cover it and almost all the forums seem like most members don't even know it was last weekend.

This was a bad bad year at Daytona for the Honda effort.

I'm gonna go out in the garage and smash my new bike to pieces. Damn....Those Hondas were looking strong too!

********* **** Racing
    LRRS #293