Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 15 of 15

Daytona 200

  1. #1
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    20,237

    Daytona 200


    Anyone going?

    I'll be there for the weekend with my old man. Have full pit passes that gets us anywhere in Daytona Speedway from the 11th till the 15th.

    Might hit some demo rides. Might watch supercross. Might watch the TT. Def watching the 200.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  2. #2
    Senior Member pasta-rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vero Beach, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    744

    Re: Daytona 200

    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Anyone going?

    I'll be there for the weekend with my old man. Have full pit passes that gets us anywhere in Daytona Speedway from the 11th till the 15th.

    Might hit some demo rides. Might watch supercross. Might watch the TT. Def watching the 200.

    I will be there helping some riders. See you there.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    20,237

    Re: Daytona 200

    We'll see if you recognize me. I think the last time I saw you in person was in the LAPS days and you had just turned one collarbone into two.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  4. #4
    ^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Haverhill, MA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,294

    Re: Daytona 200

    Quote Originally Posted by pasta-rocket View Post
    I will be there helping some riders. See you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    We'll see if you recognize me. I think the last time I saw you in person was in the LAPS days and you had just turned one collarbone into two.
    Ryan, just look for a slightly heavier, somewhat hairier version of what you remember Clayton to be and you will recognize him just fine

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Senior Member pasta-rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vero Beach, FL
    Age
    46
    Posts
    744

    Re: Daytona 200

    Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Ryan, just look for a slightly heavier, somewhat hairier version of what you remember Clayton to be and you will recognize him just fine
    Funny bastids! It will be fun down there for sure...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    20,237

    Re: Daytona 200

    If you're team needs a couple of mechanically capable hands around the pits, let me know. We have no plans from Friday until Monday besides being at the 200.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    2000 Honda CBR929RR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  7. #7
    Changes come butcher bergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the humbling river
    Posts
    12,513

    Re: Daytona 200

    This is suddenly quite tempting.

    We are in Florida at the moment and my loving wife seemed to be okay with me staying here to catch the races. So now my quandary is to either hang back for the D200 or head over to Barber Motorsports Museum as we had originally planned......

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Lifer TIMMYDUCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The 14th State Vermont
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Daytona 200

    Just got my invite to go today from CCS .

    The grid is almost full to capacity of 75 bikes for the 200.

    So I will be down Thursday - Mon .

    We will be in the safety crew camping area by the fence in turn 3.

    Stop by after racing if it suits ya.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    TIMMYDUCK

  9. #9

    Re: Daytona 200

    Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    This is suddenly quite tempting.

    We are in Florida at the moment and my loving wife seemed to be okay with me staying here to catch the races. So now my quandary is to either hang back for the D200 or head over to Barber Motorsports Museum as we had originally planned......
    if you never been to Barber I would not pass on it! spent 3 hours in the museum the 1st time , wife dragged me out kicking.... Daytona's cool Barbers better

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Lifer union's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blackstone, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    4,541

    Re: Daytona 200

    Will the 200 be on Fanschoice again? Would like to watch again.


    Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    This is suddenly quite tempting.

    We are in Florida at the moment and my loving wife seemed to be okay with me staying here to catch the races. So now my quandary is to either hang back for the D200 or head over to Barber Motorsports Museum as we had originally planned......
    Barber museum is awesome. I've been once. Was lucky enough to be part of a private event. We had the place to ourselves for hours. That itself is worth the drive from here to Birmingham. The amount and history of bikes is mind numbing and then toss on that the F1 cars you can get close to.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James
    12 KTM SMR 450
    07 CRF 250R
    LRRS/CCS #79
    NEMM #79

    GMD Computrack
    Diamondback Designs
    Robs Dyno

  11. #11
    Changes come butcher bergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the humbling river
    Posts
    12,513

    Re: Daytona 200

    Today approached what I would consider to be a religious experience. "Ride report" will be in another thread.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by butcher bergs; 02-29-20 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Grammah

  12. #12
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    14,325

    Re: Daytona 200

    Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Today approached what I would consider to be a religious experience. "Ride report" will be in another thread.
    So you went to Barber?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  13. #13
    Changes come butcher bergs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    the humbling river
    Posts
    12,513

    Re: Daytona 200

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_E_D View Post
    So you went to Barber?
    Indeed!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14

    Re: Daytona 200

    So?? Do Tell

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Unsafe At Any Speeds Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    :lurk:
    Posts
    12,095

    Re: Daytona 200

    Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Indeed!
    i'm planning on going in October for GNF

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105 : AMA, ASRA, CCS South East, and WERA
    2014 ASRA SuperStock National Champion - Amateur Division
    Thanks to my sponsors: Motul, Michelin/STS, K&N, Woodcraft, Yoshimura R&D All Balls Racing, Galfer, Sidi Boots, Vortex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •