Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Daytona 2015 Race Of Champions

Re: Daytona 2015 Race Of Champions

Kris was originally going to go however he took the bump to EX and will not go his year.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Registration is NOW open for Daytona RoC 2015

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    You trying to join us? Send bike down with us?
    I am going to haul my gear down in my toy hauler & stay right in the track (gotta check to see if they even allow that...)

We are planning on leaving all our gear in storage and flying home.

Ill introduce myself at the Sept. LRRS round to hear your thoughts on the ROC.

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

A suggestion on lodging. Hotels get expensive quickly especially with the gouging that happens due to biketoberfest. Splitting rooms a million ways to drop the cost means people sharing beds sleeping on the floor etc. what has worked quite well in the past for me and friends when traveling to Daytona for Bike Week and Biketoberfest is to rent a condo/house instead. Typically two/+bedroom condos/homes can be rented for less than the cost of staying at a hotel. It's really nice to have the living room type areas as well as being able to purchase and prepare food so you aren't eating at restaurants all week too.

Just a suggestion. Have a great time down there!

do you happen to have a link or a contact?
    i like that idea. especially since I plan on having a few friends along

Sorry to say that I don't have any contacts for you. I was never the one responsible for our lodging.

I would think that there would be vacation rental websites to use for this type of thing. Googling vacation rentals Daytona Beach gives a decent starting point. Johnny B might also know something about this, pretty sure he has a condo in Daytona so maybe he can find a contact for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tls25rs View Post
    Sorry to say that I don't have any contacts for you. I was never the one responsible for our lodging.

I would think that there would be vacation rental websites to use for this type of thing. Googling vacation rentals Daytona Beach gives a decent starting point. Johnny B might also know something about this, pretty sure he has a condo in Daytona so maybe he can find a contact for you.
    quick google search confirms.
    Most are about 10-15% more expensive than hotels but since you can sleep more people it actually becomes cheaper..
    good tip thank you

Sucks most are right on the beach, where hotels the farther you move from the beach the cheaper they get.

Plus nothing beats Gino's parents.

Yeah, the savings and value come in the number of people that can comfortably fit and the "luxuries" of having your own space, kitchen etc.

The hotels get cheaper the further from the beach but when you get near the track they know about the racing and bump their prices accordingly.

Keep in mind that you don't need to stay in Daytona Beach. Anything in the area is a reasonable commute to the track. Maybe try a real estate agent in the area to see if there are any homes for rent instead of condos.

And yes I agree 100% that nothing beats Gino's parents. Their hospitality is unbeatable. Awesome people!

Last edited by tls25rs; 08-23-15 at 09:34 AM.

Animal Hill Super Motard Champion Johnny B's Avatar

Johnny B might also know something about this, pretty sure he has a condo in Daytona so maybe he can find a contact for you.
    I have an apartment at the Sea Dunes. Best location because it's right on the back road to the track, is on the beach and 15 minute walk to Main St. I don't use it in the fall at this time because I go to Barber for the Vintage Festival.
    I usually have #4 which is 2 bedrooms, a living room and kitchen. The price is much lower than the neighboring places. And Mike, Bunny and Paulita are the best. The traffic is a bit noisy and you would have to acclimate with my "family".
    I can check with Bunny on the booking availability. All I ask (demand) is that you behave and not piss them off. You can ask Alex Guilbeault and Lorna Murphy how their experience was. I got them in for last year's Bike Week.

It's the small aqua colored building. The three story motel just beyond it has been torn down. We're right in the middle of a big vacant lot that the Russians want to develop, but we're not moving!

Last edited by Johnny B; 08-23-15 at 04:52 PM.
    Johnny B. (the other one) ®
    Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
    Super Motard Champ 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985

Visit the Rest Home: http://resthome.50megs.com

"Listen to your ass, it's giving you lots of information!" - Buddy Melges

Animal Hill Super Motard Champion Johnny B's Avatar

The hotels get cheaper the further from the beach but when you get near the track they know about the racing and bump their prices accordingly.
    I don't think that has anything to do with the racing. Before they started Biketoberfest to attempt to spread out the bikers over two events. I could just fly into town, walk into the Holiday Inn (Where my pic of the Sea Dunes was shot from above.) with no reservations and get a room for $39.95 a night. No more.

Johnny B. (the other one) ®
    Butler's Rest Home - "No Vacancy"
    Super Motard Champ 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985

Visit the Rest Home: http://resthome.50megs.com

"Listen to your ass, it's giving you lots of information!" - Buddy Melges

Yeah that was my experience last year too.
    Tons of open rooms from $35-50/night.
    shit is cheap there

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    Just curious as I'm not going, don't you have to win an LRRS championship and be invited to race the ROC??
    You're the 3rd one that's said that since the last round. Who's spreading these rumors?

The ROC grids you in that class by your regional points for that class. But there's nothing preventing someone from showing ho with no race experience, griddle dead last & winning the national championship.

The MW grids reach up to 60 bikes, so it's unlikely. But whatever you do locally in your region only counts towards a better grid position.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You're the 3rd one that's said that since the last round. Who's spreading these rumors?
    Probably the name: "Race of Champions"

But there's nothing preventing someone from showing ho with no race experience, griddle dead last
    Go on ....

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Kurtz View Post
    Probably the name: "Race of Champions"
    I was basing it on the fact that the only three people I have known to compete in that race have done so after winning an LRRS championship.

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Hypothetically, do you think a motard would make an entire lap around Daytona before blowing up?

"Where are we going?...and why am I in this handbasket?"
    LRRS 919
    '12 Ducati 1199 Panigale (track) '08 Honda CRF 250 (ice) '02 KTM 520 SX Supermoto (track)

Sure, gear it right and do all your prep work. I don't think you'll win anything though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ductard View Post
    Hypothetically, do you think a motard would make an entire lap around Daytona before blowing up?
    As Josh said yes you can make it not explode. But you will probably be getting lapped twice per lap from everyone

You could put Mladin on a bike with no motor and he will ge eatten up....................Daytona is a Built motor track

Is anyone from this community going?
    Looks like I will be returning with a group of awesome people (I will let them name themselves if they want).
    Last year was an absolutely blast.
    This year I will try to make it just as good for the newcomers as Gino did it for me.
    It d be cool to have people we know there and Daytona is an awesome venue to race at.
    I personally can't wait to get back there.
    Did you do the Team Hammer advanced school or just practice last year? What would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by gobendergo View Post
    Did you do the Team Hammer advanced school or just practice last year? What would you recommend?
    Lol just practice.
    Their school is a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    You could put Mladin on a bike with no motor and he will ge eatten up....................Daytona is a Built motor track
    Eh I think mine and few others results show that's not entirely true.
    But I believe we were the exception to the rule and what you said is mostly right.

Eh I think mine and few others results show that's not entirely true.
    But I believe we were the exception to the rule and what you said is mostly right.
    The difference is you last raced there as an Amateur. The big money bikes tend to have white plates. ULSB and LWSB is a whole new ballgame of spending in Florida with white plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    The difference is you last raced there as an Amateur. The big money bikes tend to have white plates. ULSB and LWSB is a whole new ballgame of spending in Florida with white plates.
    No doubt! I agree 1000% on that.
    Gino raced as an expert though...
    Don't forget I said that this is generally true but exception do happen. And I'm gonna try to be an exception again this year as an expert

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Gino's machine is far from a stocker with clipons. At the time I believe Henry was sporting a decently built motor as well. His run may have predated SVs being allowed into ULSB with CCS as well, I'll have to dig on that...

No need to turn this into a debate.
    The purpose of this thread is to inform people about this years RoC and organize transportation and other needs.
    Stock or build as a grenade I am going. And I know what I'm going up against.
    Lots of people are coming as amateurs so they won't face the same problems or at least to the same extend.
    Plus racing Daytona is an awesome experience regardless of winning or not

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast