Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Don't Mess With Kurlon...

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Don't Mess With Kurlon...

So Kurlon apparently got a touch sensitive about the GS bashing and took a new philosophy: If my GS can't beat them, I'll take them out!

There are upsides here.

1) The GS is slower than an EX in the dirt, just like it is on the pavement.
    2) The fool was silly enough to run video of his own attack.
    3) The cornerworkers got a show, and from what I hear got a real kick out of it.
    4) All parties involved consider it good fun, a racin deal, everybody stayed up and there are NO hard feelings!
    5) I still finished in front of him! (possibly most important)

Race reports, finger pointing and trash talking to follow, but I wanted to get this out of the way tonight.

BTW, that was the most fun I've had racing yet, including my only trophy (I didn't trophy in that race). It was awesome racing with you man, can't wait to get faster so we can do it again in AM.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by "Dangerous" Dan K; 07-19-09 at 08:21 PM.

Re: Don't Mess With Kurlon...

Oh boy, this is going to be good. First Seth, now Kurlon.

...yeah... too bad the vid shows I'm on line and aiming for the next apex when you just barge in... : )

Uploading to my 386 overnight, should be in place tomorrow with a link. Sleep now.

this sounds intense

USCRA #555 - Formula CB
    http://jro555.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by -jro- View Post
    this sounds intense
    Intense in the Timmy vs Jimmy kind of way.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

was just thinking that

---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

By “just barge in” I assume you mean pass on the inside & get far enough in front of you to show up on the camera mounted to your front # plate, right? The way I learned it once you “show them a wheel”, or get beside/in front of them enough for them to see you, it’s your line. How’s it go from there? “My line, Fuck You” in NESR parlance? Teach you damn pavement only guys to play rough with those of us that learned in the dirt

Besides, there was a pretty hefty bounty on that GS this weekend :

TIMMA!!!!

Heh, showing a wheel doesn't mean crap son, you either get by or you don't. : )

http://www.x386.net/TTR/media/Racing...809-NVPTWN.avi

Note, it's hosted on a 386, and that 386 is currently rebuilding a ton of packages, so don't expect to be able to stream the vid in real time, save it to disk and watch it later. 900mb, straight off my camera. I'll be cropping the vid and posting it to Vimeo tonight I hope, assuming I don't just fall asleep when I get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    Heh, showing a wheel doesn't mean crap son, you either get by or you don't. : )
    Unless you did some real creative video editing, I did get by! A little rougher than usual perhaps, but I got by. Downloading now, thanks for the vid. That whole race was a blast. Great racing with you as always.

Quote Originally Posted by noxin View Post
    Oh boy, this is going to be good. First Seth, now Kurlon.
    people already biting my style

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Dan, you tried ( and did ) to stuff it on the inside of T#7. Kurlon had the lead and the line and you came in and forced the pass on the inside. I think you would have got by Kulron by the tree house even without forcing it and hitting him.

What the hell. It's racing. I enjoyed the hell out of it and everyone was fine. I would have been upset if we had to run up to T#7 to pick you guys up. It was just to hot for that.

If you guys get SV's for next year, I'm naming your race team " Menace to Society " and I'm adding Berg's to the team. ;-)

" In the name of the Spedo, the Tach and the Holy Throttle, Amen. "

Quote Originally Posted by palanon View Post
    Dan, you tried ( and did ) to stuff it on the inside of T#7. Kurlon had the lead and the line and you came in and forced the pass on the inside. I think you would have got by Kulron by the tree house even without forcing it and hitting him.

What the hell. It's racing. I enjoyed the hell out of it and everyone was fine. I would have been upset if we had to run up to T#7 to pick you guys up. It was just to hot for that.

If you guys get SV's for next year, I'm naming your race team " Menace to Society " and I'm adding Berg's to the team. ;-)
    Thanks dude! All kidding aside (this trash talking is just us having fun, we decided within a minute of getting off-track it was all good between us) I've been wondering what the deal was as far as the legitimacy of the pass. So that's what "stuffing it on the inside" means. Good to know. I suppose I shouldn't do that anymore? (Except for with Kurlon! Hey, he's the one that told me rubbin's racin Harry, and to never back down on a pass with him.)

What corner were you in for that? Hey, we said we were going to put on a show... guess we lived up to it!

I was in T#6 on Sat. and T#3 on Sun.. Believe me, I've seen much worse. It was just a case of being a little to eager to get by. Just a bit of the red mist.

You both did a good job keeping it up. I got out an "awwww shit" and about 3 steps out the gap. Followed by a nice "that was pretty cool"

Bitchin. Thanks man. Good to hear/learn. BTW, I try to wave to all the CW's on the cooldown, but have a hard time figuring out exactly where in 6 you guys are, seems like it's not always the same spot and looking right while turning left in the bowl is a bit sketch. If I ever miss ya, my bad. It's not for lack of caring.

I fully expected to hear something about that at the cookout Saturday night from one of the CW's but nobody said boo. I heard much later that night there was a little chatter about it on the radio right after it happened and the consensus was you guys were entertained so I figured it was cool.

Edit: thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I've been passed like that a few times. Someone gets inside me between me & the apex or me & where I want to go and I have to roll off or collide. Unlike Kurlon I've picked "roll off" though

So for future reference: stuffing someone on the inside. good? bad? acceptable? Terrible move? If I could have gotten him by the tree house I should have waited, but I'd been trying to get him for a while now and didn't seem to be able to seal the deal, so when I saw that opening I took it.

Last edited by "Dangerous" Dan K; 07-20-09 at 08:32 AM.

Usually you get right next to or a little in front of someone before tip in and take the line. Usually done under braking or harder accel. You just didn't quite make it that far...no biggie.

That's why LRRS has a novice class. It give people time to figure it all out. Much safer for everyone. Most, if not all, race orgs. don't have the novice class anymore. They just have them wear a t-shirt or an X on the back of their leathers for a couple of events and then set 'em loose in the AM. class.

We don't call the novice 600 race the "Meat Grinder" for nothin' :-) At least the races your in are a bit tamer.

I think the best advice I can give from that particular pass... don't count on the rider you're passing seeing you and taking corrective action. In this particular case, I literally didn't spot you in time to do anything. When it registered you were coming up my inside, we bumped. That can be a good spot to catch people out, just be sure you can, and are prepared to bend it more to the left if you have to. In this particular case, you were still drifting/pointing pretty hard to the right, almost makes me wonder if I had realized what was up, and managed to back out of it enough to let you by if you'd have been MX'ing it out to the service road behind the track rather than JUST going under the tree house...

I never realized how slow those EXs were until I pulled on them on my tard like they were standing still. Sheesh!

new name... Butcher DanK?

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Usually you get right next to or a little in front of someone before tip in and take the line. Usually done under braking or harder accel. You just didn't quite make it that far...no biggie.

That's why LRRS has a novice class. It give people time to figure it all out. Much safer for everyone. Most, if not all, race orgs. don't have the novice class anymore. They just have them wear a t-shirt or an X on the back of their leathers for a couple of events and then set 'em loose in the AM. class.

We don't call the novice 600 race the "Meat Grinder" for nothin' :-) At least the races your in are a bit tamer.
    Thanks for the feedback. I thought I just needed to be a touch in front by apex, which I was. I'm not even 100% sure where tip in for 7 is, we're leaned over from the start of 6. I just figured I could get him on the inside between 6 & 7. I got inside him, got a hair past him, but was still between him and the apex, obviously, which is how we ended up rubbing. Argh... can't wait for that video to finish downloading so I can look it over again. Of course it feels different in the heat of the moment and looking back at it.

"Harder acceleration"? Really? It's an EX, I was @ WOT and I think somewhere in the neighborhood of peak in the power. Throttle was definitely on the stops... that's just all she had going up the hill!

This is pretty cool. I obviously started this thread just messin' around with Josh for fun, but I really do appreciate the education on what's acceptable, etc. I honestly thought that was a clean (if aggressive) pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I think the best advice I can give from that particular pass... don't count on the rider you're passing seeing you and taking corrective action. In this particular case, I literally didn't spot you in time to do anything. When it registered you were coming up my inside, we bumped. That can be a good spot to catch people out, just be sure you can, and are prepared to bend it more to the left if you have to. In this particular case, you were still drifting/pointing pretty hard to the right, almost makes me wonder if I had realized what was up, and managed to back out of it enough to let you by if you'd have been MX'ing it out to the service road behind the track rather than JUST going under the tree house...
    Rare I would enjoy a fun/joking thread turning serious, but this is a good conversation for me to be involved in. It's good to hear what the guys who know what the hell they're doing think.

BTW, I always take that turn like that, I’d have stayed on the pavement if you didn’t turn into me. : : (ok, apparently I’m not willing to get too serious).

<goes to check download, really wants to watch that on video again. Does WMP have a slow-mo?>

DanK Bumperbike ?

Quote Originally Posted by ceo and a bunch of numbers View Post
    I never realized how slow those EXs were until I pulled on them on my tard like they were standing still. Sheesh!

BUT did you see the Expert EX that was on Dennos butt in one of the races yesterday.. Denno couldn't shake him.

Oppps Come to think if it Chris, you were in that race too. Your last race of the day 7?

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Dangerous DanK

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Yeah, EX's don't have all that much go to them. That's why when palanon was like "harder acceleration" I'm thinking "shit, I'd had the throttle on the stops for a little bit there!"

Butcher DanK feels like it's biting too much on Bergsie, doesn't it?

I did like palanon's idea for "Menace to Society" as a team name, but I don't see us going to SV's anytime soon. Any of the 3 of us, actually. Kurlon's got the dirt bike bug, I'm going to stick with the EX until I stop being slow (by EX standards) at the very least, and Bergs seems to be enjoying riding a bike that's actually fast.

DanK Bumperbike ?
    Kurlon & I were joking about putting bumper car looking things on both our bikes for next weekend, but he decided to run away to AM instead. :

Dangerous DanK
    Freakin BJ was calling me "Dangerous Dan" my entire first weekend because of the way I was coming into 3. It started to catch on with a couple other guys in the garage too, but by the second weekend it seemed to have passed. I half expected to see "Dangerous Dan" on my windscreen when I got there 2nd weekend, since I knew they had my bike unloaded a day before I got up there.

Last edited by "Dangerous" Dan K; 07-20-09 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheppo View Post
    BUT did you see the Expert EX that was on Dennos butt in one of the races yesterday.. Denno couldn't shake him.

Oppps Come to think if it Chris, you were in that race too. Your last race of the day 7?
    Yeah Race 5 yesterday, LWSM (but I was back a couple waves, with the amateurs)... I was catching the slower expert EX500's at the end of the race... those bikes have NOTHING coming off the corners, I was amazed.

But yeah the faster expert ex500's are quick... I don't understand how they do that on those bikes... crazy

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103

T#7 isn't so much a turn in and of itself. It's more of a continuation of T#6. Kinda like one big turn until you flip over for the exit and entry for T#8.

I was catching the slower expert EX500's at the end of the race... those bikes have NOTHING coming off the corners, I was amazed.
    Some of the slow expert exs wouldnt be winning novice races. Dont judge it based on them. Follow BJ, Dana, Mark, Joe, Tom, Brendan and tell me they have nothing, youd be fucking AMAZED what they can do to them.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast