Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Drilling bolts- how many holes?

Re: Drilling bolts- how many holes?

i'd rather buy the obvious ones like pinch bolts, caliper bolts, and brake pad pins from them. maybe $60 and you've got perfected drilled stainless bolts. that's worth the time wasted in drilling.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Re: Drilling bolts- how many holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    I am more of a fan of drilling all the way through.. It is a bit more work. Especially if you don't have a drill press and a vise.

Bits..... Go in a horses mouth..

Drills go in a drill chuck to cut metal.

Titanium is used to make light strong parts. (consumer advertising is stupid).
    Titanium Nitride is used to coat a steel or carbide cutting tool to make the surface of the tool harder and more heat resistant...

The best drills for safety wire purposes are ones made from cobalt and with a 135° split point. Real cutting oil will make it go a lot better too. You need plenty of RPM for a 1/16" drill to cut well.

Side pressure is the enemy. So is break out on the far side. When you start breaking out you need to ease up on the pressure.

Sorry
    you sound like my high school electric shop teacher. Its not a light bulb. he would always say "its an incandescent lamp and you know it"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12