Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Eject System

Re: Eject System

I just ordered mine.

Personally if LRRS is going to train people how to use it and they like this system, for 60 bucks why would you be mad? Hopefully none of us will ever need it. But again, 60 bucks to maybe save my neck. Big deal. Not to be a dick but if you can't flip that to be safe maybe you should reconsider racing.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I can't speak for others but you wanna know why I'm dead-set against this? Because I don't see a single endorsement from ANY motorcycle roadracing organization in the world yet we are all going to sit here and trust that some race series in NH knows what's best for the rest of roadracing?

In the last year of my research, I also have not seen ANY backing (that I've been able to find) from a single medical professional.

Everything I've read regarding this device has do to with dirt or something that has a protective roll cage. Again, nothing regarding roadracing supports this product.

I look forward to the official announcement and I hope it happens soon because it will make my decision to race with another organization that much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    I hope it happens soon because it will make my decision to race with another organization that much quicker.

Fawk is that all we needed to do to get you to leave??

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

My boss has this term he uses, and I've found to be rather true "No good deed goes unpunished"

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Re: Helmet removal system?

thats it!! im just not gonna wear a helmet as its obviously way more dangerous to have one on. maybe just a half helmet. i think i can get a discount on them here at work

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

I'm w/Bergs on this... except I won't be leaving to race w/another organization.

I believe that the issue isn't about the 50 bucks, but rather the idea that we are having our minds made up for us that this system is the way to go, or that it is even necessary. It's like the state telling us that we need to wear a new kind of seatbelt, and that we have topa y to retrofit our cars. The fact that it may interfere w/the helmet's design doesn't help either.

I'm not for or against the product, but given the choice I wouldn't use it. Just doesn't seem necessary. So what's next... mandatory leathers w/airbags??? The sport is becoming so pussified we all might as well stay home because it's filled w/risk.

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Bullshit meter pegged scottfromboston's Avatar

Re: Helmet removal system?

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    I saw this demonstrated somewhere last year...

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=6075

Cheaper and simpler. No special equipment required.
    Holy shit. PASS.

I'll take the re-purposed colostomy bag, thanks.

~Scott
    2020 SMC-R

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    Fawk is that all we needed to do to get you to leave??

KB
    If by that question you mean the eventual and completely unfounded mandating of helmet modifications which aren't backed by anyone in the medical field nor endorsed by any roadracing organization on the entire planet? Yeah I guess that's all it would take.

If it were that good of an idea, doesn't anyone think that all helmets would have this already or at least have the option directly from the helmet maufacturer? Why don't I see any helmet makers on the endorsement list?

Doesn't anyone think that these devices would already be in place for roadracing by now if they were that good/ effective?

If it were that good of an idea, why don't you have this device already before all this came up?

Show me something official from a roadrace organization such as AMA, CCS, WERA, BSB, MotoGP, etc., or laboratory testing or helmet mfg or anything else other than a guy who has a financial stake in mandating these devices. Show me something official from someone within the medical field.

If this device had some kind of endorsement from anyone I've mentioned, I'd have no problem with it and would not be as vocal as I am being.

Aren't any of you asking yoursleves why this device doesn't already have some type of roadracing endorsement or do you not care?

Does CCS (you know, the people whom you are licensed through) approve of this? No mention of this item whatsoever in their rule book.

Show me something official from any place I have mentioned and I'll gladly change my opinion and edit my posts accordingly but for now, I'm putting my money on none of that happening.

Last edited by butcher bergs; 12-29-11 at 05:16 PM.

Fuck that Steve Aspland guy! Getting rich off the backs of poor downtrodden motorcycle racers. Selling 60$ items for 50$ to like the 150-200 people that race at Loudon. Muther fucker is going to be rolling in some serious cash. I can't believe the nerve of this get rich scheme.

I see your point Bergs. I didn't realize one else used it. However, someone has to be the first. MotoGP didn't run brake guards when Woodcraft designed theirs. Our own tech inspectors didn't know what mine was when I went through with it. I believe 2013 they're mandated.

I remember hearing about it in 2010-2011. I was disappointed that they were not being used. My helmet has the release tabs but who know if the medics know how to use it.
    Granted this can be a dangerous sport. No one wants training wheels and air bags. But, to have a standard system/method of remove a helmet from a riders head that could cause less damage to the spinal cord, why not.
    To me, so long as it does not interfere with the function of the helmet its a great idea. When I get mine I'll test fit it. If no issue, great. If I see a problem(or what I feel is a problem not being any type of expect on such things) then I will speak up. I'm sure Eric, being safety director, had a say or at least a voice. I trust his judgement. If there are no other endorsements of the product, fine, big deal. If there are test that say there could be a issue that is a completely different story.

I will look forward to hearing what the officials have to say about the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Show me something official from a roadrace organization such as AMA, CCS, WERA, BSB, MotoGP, etc., or laboratory testing or helmet mfg or anything else other than a guy who has a financial stake in mandating these devices. Show me something official from someone within the medical field.
    1) Helmet companies are installing these or similar devices into the helmets of their top racers currently.

2) There are a number of organizations that have 'financial stake' in making decisions for all of the series's listed above, along with many others not listed. Of course none of them list it officially!

LOL.

LRRS has a long history of taking the initiative on safety. Airfence, helmets, fuel, etc. Like this is some shocking deviation.

Aren't these devices required to race an AMA Pro MX race? Pretty sure if they have been mandated for that, they do what they are supposed to do, and have been given the OK by the Asterisk medical crew that takes care of those guys.

Last edited by lrrs313; 12-29-11 at 07:51 PM.
    -Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

This attitude of want to play you have to play by OUR rules as we make them up as we go along like it or leave attitude is really starting to suck my balls.

KB
    Quote of the week....

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    1) Helmet companies are installing these or similar devices into the helmets of their top racers currently.
    the difference here is the helmet manufacture is designing their equipment around it and not being a 3rd party hack.

David King | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by timmyho414 View Post
    My helmet has the release tabs but who know if the medics know how to use it.
    same can be said for this eject device.

I for one do not want one for many of the reasons already listed but I'll throw in some more. I consider comfort to be a safety issue. If something inside my helmet is annoying the top of my head its gonna take away concentration. Also putting this thing in is gonna partially block vents that I paid good money for. those vents help keep you cool and we know overheating on a race track is not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by daviid View Post
    the difference here is the helmet manufacture is designing their equipment around it and not being a 3rd party hack.
    Really? All of them? You sure about that.

That's also implying that some of said motorcycle helmet companies aren't 'hacks' themselves, which seeing how and what comes to market and is touted as TESTED AND RESEARCHED is a laugh in itself.

Either way it seems like this has been brought up as far back as 2010 and again during 2011. Anyone with concerns/questions/feedback has had how many months to present their own research, opinion, time, effort, and help on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post

2) There are a number of organizations that have 'financial stake' in making decisions for all of the series's listed above, along with many others not listed. Of course none of them list it officially!

LOL.

LRRS has a long history of taking the initiative on safety. Airfence, helmets, fuel, etc. Like this is some shocking deviation.
    Alex, my helmet was designed for one thing and one thing only....my head. It was not designed for some sandwich bag that gets installed after the fact.

I'd rather not be using some random and unproven device for roadracing because someone else thinks it's a good idea. If I were even remotely on board with this, I'd have had one installed years ago.

Again, show me the endorsements I request.

Until that happens, there is nothing you or anyone can say that is going to convince me that this will be a safer alternative to the tried-and-true method of manual removal that has worked for decades.

So go ahead and mock others as you LOL it up my man. This is about my safety and I do not feel safe using this product for numerous reasons.

Last edited by butcher bergs; 12-29-11 at 09:15 PM.

If it creates more safety and does not interfere with mobility or comfort, what exactly is the problem here? This is a miniscule investment considering the overall cost of racing in general. I for one will buy one of these per helmet without complaining.

LRRS #387

The problem is its the off season and people need something to be mad about.

Original

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well this device is already making my head hurt.

I'm not mad, Jackie. This is potentially additional head trauma we are talking about and I am dead-set against this device until I see any of the approvals I request.

Heck, I haven't even put up a swear!

You're spending a lot of time bitching about a maybe. Why dont you wait until something is definite and complain? Just seems silly. Its like a bad episode of The Office.

Original

Did anyone even look at the website or google the damn thing? It's the size of a matchbook tucked up in the very top of the helmet which in every Arai I own (seven, in various stages from new to ten years old) has a open area where it's not even close to touching the top of my head. I tried my race helmet on with a sock stuffed in there to see how much room there is. Plenty. Extra head trauma? Really? Blocking the vents? What the hell are you smoking! Half the field out there think nothing of mounting a Go-Pro camera on their noggin never thinking what THAT might do to your head.

Mandated already by Monster Energy Supercross, Lucas Oil Motocross, Indycar and Indy Lights, according to their website. Loretta Lynn's, Some hockey teams, regional football series I found after a quick google search.

I say we go back to leather helmets. Much safer because you don't have all those sharp pieces of plastic flying around, and they come right off.

I usually try to stay away from these whine/bitch fests, but come on people! Show up and just frickin race already!

Mark Dages 454

CCS LRRS #454

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    If it creates more safety and does not interfere with mobility or comfort, what exactly is the problem here? This is a miniscule investment considering the overall cost of racing in general. I for one will buy one of these per helmet without complaining.
    IF being the key word there. For those of us who are skeptical we just want to be sure that it does actually work for safety not against it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    You're spending a lot of time bitching about a maybe. Why dont you wait until something is definite and complain? Just seems silly. Its like a bad episode of The Office.
    maybe if enough people show doubt about it now then they'll reconsider it being mandatory BEFORE the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by zx1012r View Post
    Did anyone even look at the website or google the damn thing? It's the size of a matchbook tucked up in the very top of the helmet which in every Arai I own (seven, in various stages from new to ten years old) has a open area where it's not even close to touching the top of my head. I tried my race helmet on with a sock stuffed in there to see how much room there is. Plenty. Extra head trauma? Really? Blocking the vents? What the hell are you smoking! Half the field out there think nothing of mounting a Go-Pro camera on their noggin never thinking what THAT might do to your head.

Mandated already by Monster Energy Supercross, Lucas Oil Motocross, Indycar and Indy Lights, according to their website. Loretta Lynn's, Some hockey teams, regional football series I found after a quick google search.

I say we go back to leather helmets. Much safer because you don't have all those sharp pieces of plastic flying around, and they come right off.

I usually try to stay away from these whine/bitch fests, but come on people! Show up and just frickin race already!

Mark Dages 454
    I don't know how Arais fit but you shouldn't have that much room in there. A Champion racer like you should know that.
    as far as blocking vents I didn't know it was that small. I was thinking of the Suomys I've always worn where the EPS liner is channeled to allow air movement. but if they're that small it makes no difference because it would sit on top of the pad in the lining that's on the very top of the head.

I for one will never mount a camera to my helmet.

I don't think any of us are whining/bitching, we just want to make an informed decision on whether these are a good idea or not. I had an EMT pull my helmet off when I couldn't do it and was pretty coherent at the time and he did a damn fine job getting it off very carefully.

Personally regardless of how this goes I will race next season whether its with this thing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    A maybe? It's clear that your only source of info on this topic is on this forum.

A very reliable source had this to say recently:

re LRRS there may be a couple of weekend's grace, it will then be mandatory (2011 was the transition year).

There is proven evidence you can't remove a helmet without some pressue or strain on the neck/spine so it is a good thing.
    Doesn't sound like a maybe to me.

I have put up a very solid case (as well as personal reasons) for not making these madatory but if you want to call it bitching, that's fine. If you can get past the part where you think I'm bitching you will see that the whole issue here is making them mandatory without being able to prove their merit.

In the mean time I will eagerly await an official announcement as well as the information I requested regarding the support of this product in motorcycle road racing.

Last edited by butcher bergs; 12-29-11 at 10:40 PM.