Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Eject System

Re: Eject System

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    If $50 changes your season, you should STOP spending money right now, and get ready to join the PGA instead. $50 over 2 years is really nothing as far as racing is concerned. (the lifespan of the gizmo)

For me its not about the 50. If it was 100 it still wouldnt be about the money. Its about modifying my helmet which I feel is unsafe. According to Eric so does Arai. If this rule does go through Illl be focusing on off road racing and wishing I could have got my money back for this years license.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    James

That wasn't directed at you, James.
    Woods racing, do it. That is directed at you.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    For me its not about the 50. If it was 100 it still wouldnt be about the money. Its about modifying my helmet which I feel is unsafe. According to Eric so does Arai. If this rule does go through Illl be focusing on off road racing and wishing I could have got my money back for this years license.
    Did you guys ever think of the fact that Arai doesn't want to endorse the use of it for business reasons and not safety reasons? If they endorse it and some freak accident happens, Arai wants no part of it.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

It has never been for the $50 chip that would be idiotic considering all the money we all spend on motorcycles! Iv been following all these topics and it just seems (so far) that this is not very safe or at least the benefits of it haven't really been proven yet. Obviously it just could be due to lack of knowledge but even the people who researched it didnt come up with good results! And since I don't really have any knowledge on this topic I will just go with the flow and the general opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Did you guys ever think of the fact that Arai doesn't want to endorse the use of it for business reasons and not safety reasons? If they endorse it and some freak accident happens, Arai wants no part of it.
    I was just going to say something similar. On top of the liability or whatever for the helmet manufacturer, they are unlikely to endorse something for use in their helmets that they don't sell or make any money off of, especially when, as mentioned, Arai already has a removal assist product they do endorse/manufacture. Until the makers of this Eject system make deals with helmet manufacturers for licensing etc., I don't see any of them endorsing it.

As for the fact that there are no roadracing organizations backing this, maybe it's cause it's so new. Maybe LRRS will be starting a widespread trend. This could be a good thing.k

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas
    It has never been for the $50 chip that would be idiotic considering all the money we all spend on motorcycles! Iv been following all these topics and it just seems (so far) that this is not very safe or at least the benefits of it haven't really been proven yet. Obviously it just could be due to lack of knowledge but even the people who researched it didnt come up with good results! And since I don't really have any knowledge on this topic I will just go with the flow and the general opinion..
    Lol. You directly said that the $50 was making a budget difference tht you had not accounted for in your post earlier. I was going to say the same thing as Chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Lol. You directly said that the $50 was making a budget difference tht you had not accounted for in your post earlier. I was going to say the same thing as Chip.
    Honestly I think what I wanted to say was not expressed correctly! $50 is def not a critical budget difference! especially since I have the hotel "fees" cut out of the picture. Miscommunication with myself I guess.
    You havent really expressed an opinion about this Degs, you said you dont race any more but would you be ok with using this device?

How many of you have removed a helmet from an injured rider?

This little matchbook inflatable bag does not appear to do anything of signifigance.

IF this is approved I would hope staff at Golden Cross will get alot of training in it's use.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Sorry, but the 50 bucks makes a big difference in my budget. Granted, Im not about to keep LRRS afloat, but still.
    License - 125 or whatever
    This thing - 50 bucks
    Transponder rental - 40 bucks
    Thats a weekends entries right there, since I was planning on doing 1 weekend, just too much.
    And yes, I know change is inevitable, but when 1/2 that was not required 2 years ago, its a big pill to swallow.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Sorry, but the 50 bucks makes a big difference in my budget. Granted, Im not about to keep LRRS afloat, but still.
    License - 125 or whatever
    This thing - 50 bucks
    Transponder rental - 40 bucks
    Thats a weekends entries right there, since I was planning on doing 1 weekend, just too much.
    And yes, I know change is inevitable, but when 1/2 that was not required 2 years ago, its a big pill to swallow.
    dont forget the bellypan your tard now requires

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

The Arai system looks much like the RStachi system. Which is dirt cheap and is no different then a standard head sock.

Arai Removal Assist Hood manual for rescuers - YouTube

http://www.araihelmet-europe.com/200...d%20Resceu.pdf

Re: Helmet removal system?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Shots View Post
    it just makes me nervous, as it may modify the design of the helmet.
    if Arai wants to implement a removal system, then it should come stock in their helmets
    Jimmy, Arai "has a helmet removal system" with their cheek pad removal system which allows the check pads to be removed from the outside, with the pull of the orange tabs on the helmet's cheek pads. In our opinion this system is the best as it does not allow the additional drag on the face, which would pull on the neck. We need to check and see if the Arai quick release system will be allowed in place of the balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk View Post
    The Arai system looks much like the RStachi system. Which is dirt cheap and is no different then a standard head sock.

Arai Removal Assist Hood manual for rescuers - YouTube

http://www.araihelmet-europe.com/200...d%20Resceu.pdf
    I like that system even less than the eject. its like saying hey lets add leverage while pushing on your head.

Quote Originally Posted by STREET&COMP View Post
    Jimmy, Arai "has a helmet removal system" with their cheek pad removal system which allows the check pads to be removed from the outside, with the pull of the orange tabs on the helmet's cheek pads. In our opinion this system is the best as it does not allow the additional drag on the face, which would pull on the neck. We need to check and see if the Arai quick release system will be allowed in place of the balloon.
    This is what Ive been saying in all these threads. Its simple and affective. The shock doctor will not be going in my helmet. If its required Im not racing.

James

Mine is on the way Thanks RSC

Quote Originally Posted by timmyho414 View Post
    Bergs. Contacting your helmet company is the first thing to do, that was an important bit to leave out.
    Well, Timmy, you should know something about me.....I'm not an internet jockey who is sitting here waiting for something magical to happen by posting on a forum.

I sent 5 e-mails and made 2 phone calls last Thursday/ Friday. I have one e-mail response so far but I'm thinking that folks are still catching up from the holiday which has slowed response time.

As far as the phone calls? Very interesting to say the least, but it's not in writing so I won't go into details. Suffice to say that, even verbally, I could not get a friend of 13 years to back this product up.

To the others who are choosing not to roadrace because of this implimentation (in addition to the transponder issue):

Contact WERA. I did and was very surprised at how easy their process is.

Yes, the venues involve more travel but if anyone else makes the switch, let's work together to caravan and/ or carpool.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Contact WERA. I did and was very surprised at how easy their process is.

Yes, the venues involve more travel but if anyone else makes the switch, let's work together to caravan and/ or carpool.
    Ill see you at Circuit of the americas!

Zip Tie Alley #505

Well, Timmy, you should know something about me.....I'm not an internet jockey who is sitting here waiting for something magical to happen by posting on a forum.
    Good to know. I do get the feeling that some people just bitch. I guess its hard to tell either way.

I just found this on Aria's website. I thought I would pass it on.

http://www.araihelmet-europe.com/201...gp6-crown-pad/

Funny it's only Europe. I wonder if our culture of lawsuits has anything to do with that...

Last edited by timmyho414; 01-02-12 at 12:39 PM.

Banned

I believe they are talking about car helmets there but it's close enough for me.

To the others who are choosing not to roadrace because of this implimentation (in addition to the transponder issue)
    To the others choosing not to race because of a RUMOR on non-LRRS/NHMS sites, why don't you turn the internet off for a bit and calm down. Also, FYI, 2012 will not be the end of the world.

To date - NHMS has said in rider meetings for two years that they are investigating the Eject system. That is all. The proposed 2012 rule book does NOT include any language about such a requirement. No official announcement has come from NHMS/LRRS. Until one does, why panic? Research is good, but no need to brace for war yet.

On the transponder 'issue', again, much ado about nothing:
    - NMHS/LRRS announced last year that riders would need to supply their own AMB 260 class transponders. No announcement has been made indicating this would change for 2012.
    - CCS has announced they are moving to Westhold transponders for 2012. This change affects all series save for LRRS. For those who do not already own a Westhold transponder (aka LRRS racers traveling to other events), a limited number of rentals will be available.

So... WHAT transponder issue is there? CCS says buy a transponder. LRRS says buy a transponder. Both orgs maintain a limited number of rentals for people traveling, etc. FYI, WERA also says buy a transponder @ $415 a pop. They'll rent one to you for $60 a weekend, and give you 50% back towards a purchase if you save your receipts, so it's not like running to WERA magically eliminates the cost of a transponder either.

Bergs, I love ya man but WHAT have you been doing with your spare time? Did someone lock your cable box to the Oxygen network or something?!

Josh,

Sending PM.

I didn't read the entire thread, but are people racing $4000+ motorcycles, while wearing $500+ helmets, $800+ suits, $250 boots, etc.... quitting the sport over a rumor of a $60 safety requirement?

Banned
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.374 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson
    I didn't read the entire thread, but are people racing $4000+ motorcycles, while wearing $500+ helmets, $800+ suits, $250 boots, etc.... quitting the sport over a rumor of a $60 safety requirement?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post

Kind of. I think only one person stated it was about the money. The rest of us have other reasons.

James

Its about the money for me.

Zip Tie Alley #505