Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Anyone have experience with Helite's GP Air Vest?

Question Anyone have experience with Helite's GP Air Vest?

Apparent this model was out in Sept, but I only came across this recently; This particular one seems to be the best one I've seen.

Just trying to see if anyone had tried this on the track under riding condition. Cheers.

Disclaimer: Not affiliated with Revzilla, just posting a vid for info.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Anyone have experience with Helite's GP Air Vest?

Bruce V set up a group buy for these this past year, I know adouglas bought one and ended up selling his Leatt neck brace.

I have the Helite regular (Airnest), used it for the first time at a track day in September. On the Airnest, the CO2 canister area is on the outside of the vest and it scratched the hell out of my tank, even scratched into the base metal. Helite's response was "weird, we've never heard of anyone having that problem." The GP air model has the canister on the inside so it shouldn't have that problem, but the coverage is a little less than the Airnest model.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Cat herder

Obviously I've not crash-tested mine -- only got it in time for the last day of the TTD season at Thompson.

It really does disappear on the bike. Don't even know I'm wearing it. The exterior canister thing does not apply at all... it's all inside and the chest is smooth leather with a stiffener panel underneath.

At the motorcycle show I visited the Helite booth and got a personal demo of the street vest. Impressive. It gets TIGHT... like can't breathe deep for a little while kind of tight. Very secure feeling.

Re coverage... the GP Air is specifically designed to work with suits that have a race hump. Mine does, and it's a big chunk of foam that I'm confident will absorb any direct impact in that area.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
    Obviously I've not crash-tested mine -- only got it in time for the last day of the TTD season at Thompson.

It really does disappear on the bike. Don't even know I'm wearing it. The exterior canister thing does not apply at all... it's all inside and the chest is smooth leather with a stiffener panel underneath.

At the motorcycle show I visited the Helite booth and got a personal demo of the street vest. Impressive. It gets TIGHT... like can't breathe deep for a little while kind of tight. Very secure feeling.

Re coverage... the GP Air is specifically designed to work with suits that have a race hump. Mine does, and it's a big chunk of foam that I'm confident will absorb any direct impact in that area.
    Nice, thx for the input.

Cat herder

Being a new product, changes are happening fast. Mine has textile side panels. The current ones are stretchy leather in that area--like the accordion pleats on your race suit. Also, there are additional kidney pads that mine does not have.

Graphics are also changing a bit. Still black/white but different. The lower white panel on mine (like the one in the Revzilla vid) is already scuffing. Not surprising.

Expensive, but IMHO absolutely worth it.