Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fishtail now able to license for CCS

Fishtail now able to license for CCS

Not sure what this means at Loudon?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Re: Fishtail now able to license for CCS

From http://www.fishtailridingschool.com/
    We have completed certification as a Championship Cup Series racing school, enabling us to provide the instruction necessary to get a national racing license. The Championship Cup Series holds races from novice to expert at 28 tracks throughout the country. Tracks with a CCS series include, New Jersey, Barber Motorsports Park, Mid-Ohio, Jennings GP, VIR, Road America and, the Loudon Road Racing Series at our home track.
    So now you can do fishtail or penguin.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Of all the TD orgs to go that route, I never would have pegged Fishtail as the one to do it.

I wonder what this will mean for us normal track day guys. I like doing Fishtail because of it's controlled groups. I like knowing that when I go into a corner I don't have some kid on a gixxer passing me on the inside and taking us both out.

I hope this doesn't change the way they runs things.

Me no likey crash

I assume they'd run the CCS groups separate from the Fishtail TD groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlief View Post
    I wonder what this will mean for us normal track day guys. I like doing Fishtail because of it's controlled groups. I like knowing that when I go into a corner I don't have some kid on a gixxer passing me on the inside and taking us both out.

I hope this doesn't change the way they runs things.
    What other trackday orgs have you ridden with?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Moto View Post
    What other trackday orgs have you ridden with?

Fishtail, TTD, Cali Superbike(at Loudon and Las Vegas), and down in Fl at Homestead. I'm in the middle as far as skill sets...TTD yellow group, Fishtail B group.

I guess my comments were pretty general. I won't do Penguin because frankly I am NOT a racer and I don't pretend to be.. I would be out of my league at a place like that....I like the casual atmoshpere of Fishtail. My hope is Fishtail would keep the racer crowd in their own group. Just my opinion and my experience.

Charlie

Me no likey crash

FWIW I have never heard of, nevermind experienced, a rider making a pass up the inside of someone at a trackday, crashing and taking other riders out in the process.

Come to think of it, I've never even read about such an instance on any forum I frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by bergs View Post
    FWIW I have never heard of, nevermind experienced, a rider making a pass up the inside of someone at a trackday, crashing and taking other riders out in the process.

Come to think of it, I've never even read about such an instance on any forum I frequent.

Hey...I'm not here to argue.

I hope you do understand my point though. I would just like to see the "racer group" separate from the other groups.....that's all. I'm sure the faster guys don't want to be lapping my slow ass time and time again.

Last edited by Charlief; 12-13-10 at 07:35 PM.
    Me no likey crash

Fishtail, TTD, Cali Superbike(at Loudon and Las Vegas), and down in Fl at Homestead. I'm in the middle as far as skill sets...TTD yellow group, Fishtail B group.

I guess my comments were pretty general. I won't do Penguin because frankly I am NOT a racer and I don't pretend to be.. I would be out of my league at a place like that....I like the casual atmoshpere of Fishtail. My hope is Fishtail would keep the racer crowd in their own group. Just my opinion and my experience.

Charlie
    Just FYI, Penguin is very slow haha.

Hey...I'm not here to argue.

I hope you do understand my point though. I would just like to see the "racer group" separate from the other groups.....that's all. I'm sure the faster guys don't want to be lapping my slow ass time and time again.
    PM sent

Regardless of the fact the example isn't good, I think he has a very valid point.

In my experience (probably ridden 5-6 days with them over the years) Fishtail has traditionally been a group that draws a tame crowd. Slow or not, it tends to be mellow. Introduce a bunch of peeps looking to go racing and it changes the dynamic a lot.

In terms of having a racer group it changes too. What happens to the other 3 groups? It will be interesting to see how this is done.

EVERYTHING is a repost
    06 749R #0047
    08 R 1200 GSA
    13 Monster EVO 1100

Exactly Manny

Me no likey crash

Charlie
    the Basic Penguin course is pretty slow. I'm kinda not looking forward to doing it before the first weekend. probably have to try to get my own coach. I know the coaches are really good but I don't wanna get in a group and get behind the coach and start pushing him leaving newer track riders way behind us with no one to help them. I don't mean to sound full of myself but doing easy 23s at track days I'll more than likely be the fastest at the school. I basically know everything they'll teach in that class cause I took it 4 years ago so its really just a formality to get my license.

I haven't ridden with TTD in NH, but rode with them in NJ so it can't be that different. Everyone seemed really tame and that's saying something for NJ. I've ridden with BoMo a lot and can't say I've ever heard anyone say they had anything but a good time. They have a very relaxed atmosphere where it seems everyone is friends cause we've all been riding together for awhile now. That actually has seemed like the case since the very first LAPs day I ever did 4 years ago. I think its a NHMS thing where everyone at track days rides respectfully and understands its not the time or place to make any questionable moves.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 12-14-10 at 02:16 AM.

I don't think you'll see any detrimental effects in the Fishtail program due to this move.

And I know you won't see any in ours.

Tony
    Trackdays in CT, NY, and NH
    www.TonysTrackDays.com

Pirelli Track Tires - www.goMTAG.com

Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post
    I don't think you'll see any detrimental effects in the Fishtail program due to this move.

I already have a couple of your dates on my calendar.

Me no likey crash

I did, at a NYSBC Pocono date a couple years ago. Those guys ran a train wreck of a day at the time, though, I'd never expect that at any of the local(NHMS) orgs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 35racer View Post

BTW, your signature if F-ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    probably have to try to get my own coach.
    You have already been riding with a Penguin instructor.

Remind me next year, send me a PM or something, I'll get you through it. You are correct BTW. You have to do the follow around in the morning, I like to try and take the faster newebs in my group. After lunch, you can go at your own pace for the rest of the day. Instructors around if you need us, we may approach you with unsolicited advice from time to time.

Good luck, and hope you have fun!

ON topic:
    This will be interesting to see how this pans out with Penguin.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Quote Originally Posted by legalspeed View Post
    You have already been riding with a Penguin instructor.

Remind me next year, send me a PM or something, I'll get you through it. You are correct BTW. You have to do the follow around in the morning, I like to try and take the faster newebs in my group. After lunch, you can go at your own pace for the rest of the day. Instructors around if you need us, we may approach you with unsolicited advice from time to time.

Good luck, and hope you have fun!

ON topic:
    yup I know you're one of them. I know how the whole day runs as I took it years ago. I just don't wanna go out and start doing some good laps when I'm the one behind the instructor and have slower people behind us trying to keep up when they aren't comfortable. I'm just looking out for other people's safety

like I said, just an expensive formality that first weekend for me. I can't wait though

Be careful out there on the first penguin school of the year. April 2010's was a shitshow.
    I hope to do the advanced school that same day. Get some track time before the race weekend, dig.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

True Story

I must say there is a sh_t ton of experience in the Fishtail ranks. It does tend to be a more inviting and relaxed trackday program, that is what many of the riders enjoy about it.

It does however have a strong experienced staff who are certainly qualified to to do the CCS program. Might be the perfect place for many on the fence people to get into racing. Best of luck to Fishtail, good people who know and love riding/racing. Cheers Brew

M900ie
    SS750
    69 gas gusslin' Chevy
    LRRS EX #418

Garage #17 Race Team ThunderCycle's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Fishtail now able to license for CCS

I can't say enough nice things about Fishtail or Penguin. Both run top notch track days. If you're a newbie I'd probably start with the easy group at Fishtail. Tim is an excellent classroom instructor. As you move up through the ranks there are some really quality instructors available. Most are past champions. They are friendly and will give you all the knowledge you need to get your race license, if you want. A lot of the same instructors ride at both schools. Penguin can take you to the next level. Jeff Wood has forgotten more about racing then most of us will ever know. Spend a day of classes with him and you'll learn some amazing stuff. Of course get Robbie Nigel at Fishtail to slow down and he'll also share some great riding tips. Great guys in both groups. Even if you don't become a racer the things they teach you will make you a thousand times better street rider. I am a licensed racer but track days live and die on track etiquette and I've never seen anyone forced to go faster then they are comfortable with. Both places offer a real comfortable atmosphere that's FUN. If you've never done a track day, get off the fence and sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by legalspeed View Post
    ON topic:
    It will be interesting to see the riders that come out of Fishtail. Penguin has been at it so long at Loudon and they have people like Eric Wood who cant be replaced. Just his notebook alone has more info then what most people can process.

James

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    It will be interesting to see the riders that come out of Fishtail. Penguin has been at it so long at Loudon and they have people like Eric Wood who cant be replaced. Just his notebook alone has more info then what most people can process.
    But people in the beginner group don't get fed out of that notebook. It is basically just track rules anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast