Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Friday practice question

Friday practice question

My last valid race license was in 2010. Am I eligible to do the Friday practice 8/16 or do I have to have a current license?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Friday practice question

PM Eric on here he will give you the low down..........

Lifetime Motorcyclist Woodcraft's Avatar

Re: Friday practice question

Sorry I missed this while I was at the track. For Friday, as long as you've had a license in the past 3 years and raced a few times (as opposed to one time) you are OK for practice. Once you get beyond that, we usually want you to come to a school (likely the advanced school in this case) and we can essentially re-certify you for Friday practices (or a race license). Of course, most riders enjoy the refresher on track strategy when they come back as well. The general rule of thumb is if you've been out of it for a long time (4-40 years) then you will need to do Basic again (certain exceptions apply). For example, we had a rider this past weekend (super nice guy) who got to expert with AAMRR in 1980 and wanted to get a license and did Basic again. We had another who raced over a decade ago as an expert but who has done a number of track days recently - we had him do Advanced. We look at each person individually, and factors such as the length of time that you raced and the level that you raced at come into play as well.

In the end, our goal is to make it easy while balancing the need to be sure that everyone is as safe as possible. If there is any a question....just give us a call.