Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

my felt great but nothing to show for it report

Talking my felt great but nothing to show for it report

I'll keep this somewhat short (ha)

Friday Practice I wanted to keep working on the stuff that I was working on at the track day Wednesday.

I was taking tighter lines through several parts of the track, but also carrying more speed. I start to miss turn in, or have lazy turn ins all over the place (turn 1a and 9) the most. I was still turning low 1:24s all session long, once dipping into the 23s (matching a personal RACE best). This was the quickest I have ever been in practice ... I felt like I was finally make progress and am lossing atleast 1 second with my missed turn ins.

I started to have to find more turn in points to make some corners with my new found speed in sections. I think I have a better map, but need some more dry time.

Saturday morning, the rain hit and the full rains went on. I was out in first practice with like 4 other guys. I was passing what it seemed to be all of them, and was running sub 39s from the start. Felt good. Got back out for session 2, got down to 36s and 35s (match pace from last rain race).

Race 1 - great start in the front with 5 guys (mix of GTO and GTU). We battled for the entire race! It was the best racing I have ever been apart of. I got down to the 32s. The most memoriable moments in the race were when me and this other guy went 2 wide into turn 3 ... we both just had to turn in ... then we drag raced up the hill of turn 4 into 6. It was a great moment. Another moment was when I tried to grab 2nd from Geno in turn 7 ... he went wide in 6 and I took an inside line and tried to drive up the inside of 7, but he wasn't giving in at all .. so I had to check up as not to take both of us out. As we came out of 12, 414 had crashed 1/2 way down the straight ... he was sliding against the wall, his bike was making it way accross the track, but no red flag yet, so me, geno and an expert were in full tuck heading down the straight ... nobody letting up, we split the bike that is now in the middle of the track and as we approch turn 1 the red flag flies ... i get 3rd.

Race 5 - Another good start. Geno and I diced it up again this race. Couple passes in three. I made an inside pass coming into 1 on him on the last lap. I made it around a lapper quickly drove out of 2, took a peak behind me and didn't see him close (or so I thought). Went through 3 and headed over 5 into 6, hits the brakes and he wizzed by me. I put my head down and tried to pass him again in 10 and 11, but didn't want to take myself out of the race by doing something stupid. Finished 6. Was running 29-31s!! (=

Race 7 - ok start, but passed a couple please in turn 1, then in 1a. Crash in turn 2 (not me) at the start, but race kept going. Had some short battles, but quickly ended up alone (so I thought). I kept my head down, the track was still wet but drying out alittle ... ended up running some 28s. I heard a bike behind me, but didn't look ... just kept riding. Ended up 6th. Came in and Erin said the guy was right on my tail the whole time, but couldn't get by.

I missed a trophy by 1 in race 1 and 5, but such is life. The racing was great and I felt good about my riding ... thats what counts, right?

Everyone around me is getting wood, and I feel like I have been just working my ass off all year, but with no results. It has been alittle frustrating, but I'll continue to work hard in hopes of finally getting some results (and wood).

Its been an up and down year, with lots of learning. I feel like I might be on the verge of a breakthrough to the next level ... I hope that I can accomplish that (whatever it is) next weekend.

Congrats to Neal for a great weekend and three trophies! Excellent work man, as always.

Justin, sorry about your poor luck this weekend ... AM next year man. We will get ya through October, then Geno, You and Me can all start get out there in April next year. I can't wait!

See ya all in two weeks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: my felt great but nothing to show for it report

Originally posted by s a x m a n As we came out of 12, 414 had crashed 1/2 way down the straight ... he was sliding against the wall, his bike was making it way accross the track,
    That was my teammate Erasmo, you guys were all having a good battle. He was 'okay' but wacked his noodle pretty good against the wall. He was sliding backwards looking at you guys riding by and his bike then WHAM, had a headache for the next few hours, nothing in there anyway

Good to see you and good racing.

Boston --> San Diego

as he was sliding it looked like he was pointing at his bike saying ... "you see that right, its moving accross the track" as well were full throttle toward it.

glad he is ok

The GT Battle Group: